Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2001 5:18:56 AM EDT
Two contradictory views on immigration and the means of stopping illegal immigration:

The first article is 'Uncontrollable Borders' by Daniel Pipes at:
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24347[/url]

Second, is 'The Immigration Scam' by Harry Browne (yes, [u]that[/u] Harry Browne) at:
[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24349[/url]

I especially like Mr. Browne's quote in the article -
Are you afraid American culture will be diluted by too many foreigners among us? Don't be.
We no longer have a unique American culture.
View Quote

Bravo, Harry, that's the ticket!

Eric The(YouKNOWWhereIStand!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
My major objections to Harry's "open borders" policy are these:

1) This would allow us no means to identify and catch terrorists and other criminals entering the country to do us harm. Our southern border is already used extensively to import narcotics, and many illegals from countries other than Mexico are first illegally immigrating to Mexico, then wading the Rio Grande into the US.

2) Many illegal immigrants are sending the lion's share of their tax-free income outside the country. We are losing that substantial chunk of production and income.

3) Immigrants legal and illegal are still eligible for a wide assortment of taxpayer funded programs. I'd be willing to pay $5 for a bunch of grapes if I didn't have to pay for their welfare, WIC, medical, dental, insurance, etc, etc. Until the welfare state is disassembled, don't talk to me about an amnesty (or "regularization" or any other euphemism for the same thing) or open borders, thanks. I'm not buying any today.

4) I'm not too worried about our culture, but I'm not crazy about the idea of swearing in millions of new Democrat voters. This isn't really a legitimate objection, just a concern.

Freedom isn't free
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top