Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 3:44:50 AM EDT
I'm writing this tutorial for another member who asked me questions about a particular rifle, and as I explained it, I thought pictures would be better, so I'm posting this here for not only his benefit, but the benefit of others who might own a Hakim rifle, and wonder how to load it with strippers.  Ok on to the Extreme Hakim!!!!!!

First starting with the rifle facing down range, and the action closed, apply the safety (to the right)

Move the reciver cover forward to lock the cover to the bolt.

Slide the now locked bolt and reciver cover assy to the back.  (note: If you didn't apply the safety in the first step, the bolt will slam forward)

Take a loaded k98 stripper clip, and with the clip alligned with the barrel, position it in the stripper clip guide where one edge of the stripper clip rests inside the stripper clip guide.  You can clearly see two of the three raised portions of the clip.  The third raised portion rests inside the guide and helps hold the clip in place.

Now rotate the clip 90 degrees and strip off the rounds, and remove the empty clip the same way you installed it.  Repeat the last two steps and you will have a full magazine.

Move the safety lever to the fire positon (left), and rock and roll.  The process takes a little practice, but once you have it down, you can reload a mag in just a few seconds.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Whut kinda shootin iron is dat?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It's an Egyptian Hakim.  It's based off of the Swedish Lgungerman (sp?) AG-42.  8mm Semi-auto, all sorts of fun to shoot, and lots of people want to try it when they see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top