Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:34:05 PM EDT
President Palmer has apparently gone into the Witness Relocation Program, enlisted in the Army and will soon be running Special Operations with the Unit (Delta Force)...

"The Unit" follows a covert team of special forces operatives as they risk their lives on undercover missions around the globe, while their families maintain the homefront, protecting their husbands' secrets.

Unit on CBS

3. DeltaWife (0) , on 12/26/2005 6:53:00 PM, said:

I've seen the pilot and been on set during most of the filming of the series. The Unit promises to be one of the most important, exciting television shows we've seen in a long time. The Unit follows the missions and lives of an elite squadron of soliders and their families at home. To see even a fictional represenation of the way these men train, the missions they undertake, and the skills they possess is awe inspiring. It is comforting, somehow, to know that men like this are standing between us and our worst enemies. The women are strong characters, too. Heck, they'd have to be to survive this supersecret pressure-cooker. There's action for thrill junkies and accuracy (up to the opsec point) for military snobs. Women will probably appreciate the men because they represent a new kind of American hero. (Or maybe it's an old fashioned hero. You know, the kind who has the cojones to sign his name to his convictions.) The series is based on Eric Haney's book, "Inside Delta Force" and the stories are inspired by his life and missions around the world. Everything about this series has the ring of truth and honor to it. And then, there's Robert Patrick, Scott Foley, Dennis Haysbert, Max Martini, Demore Barnes, and Michael Irby to consider. Strong, compelling actors, all. And characters worth spending your time with each week.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
He ought to do well, especially since he has Navy SEAL experiance....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw these commercials a while back. Show looks VERY interesting!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
There really must be something to the Jack Bauer mystique that it rubbed off on President Palmer and the news of his purported assassination was greatly exagerated.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I just saw a commercial, so I Googled it. Looks good, but who knows.

It will follow in the time slot after NCIS, so there you have it, a two-hour pro-military block.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Really looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If it was true, NOBODY would know.  Those guys identitys are gone.  They only exist to their familys pretty much.  So in my opinion.....its a load of crap.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
President Palmer has apparently gone into the Witness Relocation Program, enlisted in the Army and will soon be running Special Operations with the Unit (Delta Force)...

"The Unit" follows a covert team of special forces operatives as they risk their lives on undercover missions around the globe, while their families maintain the homefront, protecting their husbands' secrets.

Unit on CBS

3. DeltaWife (0) , on 12/26/2005 6:53:00 PM, said:

I've seen the pilot and been on set during most of the filming of the series. The Unit promises to be one of the most important, exciting television shows we've seen in a long time. The Unit follows the missions and lives of an elite squadron of soliders and their families at home. To see even a fictional represenation of the way these men train, the missions they undertake, and the skills they possess is awe inspiring. It is comforting, somehow, to know that men like this are standing between us and our worst enemies. The women are strong characters, too. Heck, they'd have to be to survive this supersecret pressure-cooker. There's action for thrill junkies and accuracy (up to the opsec point) for military snobs. Women will probably appreciate the men because they represent a new kind of American hero. (Or maybe it's an old fashioned hero. You know, the kind who has the cojones to sign his name to his convictions.) The series is based on Eric Haney's book, "Inside Delta Force" and the stories are inspired by his life and missions around the world. Everything about this series has the ring of truth and honor to it. And then, there's Robert Patrick, Scott Foley, Dennis Haysbert, Max Martini, Demore Barnes, and Michael Irby to consider. Strong, compelling actors, all. And characters worth spending your time with each week.

That is awsome.  They better not screw this up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm...this could be interesting if it's done right. Let's hope they stick to realism and just say no to all things "Hollywood."
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Right...they had better not change the Enemy into Euro Trash Neo Nazi White Supremacists, like they did with the last Tom Clancy movie...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]
wasn't Palmer in charge of the Senate's convert ops commitee?
he must have pulled a few strings to get the SEAL and Delta gigs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm just glad he finally learned how to hit a curve ball........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone realized that pretty much all their missions are black and classified.  This means that only top mil. personal know about what happens and it will not be broadcast for the world to watch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I hope this turns out better than that did for him...

(he got killed, remember?)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
 I hope it's good, but I'm betting it's gonna be a craptacular event  like the 99% of  the rest of the crap on TV.

CBS is putting this on ? I bet their first mission will be to go back in time to find the REAL  George Bush Air National guard records.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, at least it looks like they will be focusing mostly on the enlisted guys; that's different from the officer mongering that usually goes on...in Hollywood the troops usually aren't considered interesting, just the officers (snobbery/status/ignorance/unconcern/outright hostility to the men in the ranks...take your pick).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope this turns out better than that did for him...

(he got killed, remember?)

As long as his LT isn't a dipshit, he'll do okay...well, that and hopefully he won't have to do any driving under fire.

Quoted:

I'm just glad he finally learned how to hit a curve ball........

LoL!!! I totally forgot that was him!

This show does sound like it can be interesting. I hope they won't f*ck it up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top