Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:12:02 PM EDT
I was at work when I saw an ad for a company that will turn your loved one's cremated ashes into a diamond for a fee.  

My initial thought was that this was BS, but I googled it and one of the first links that came up was........

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2209799.stm

So, would you have this done with someone's ashes?  Have it done to yourself?  I know that we are all a pile of chemicals and a sack of salt water in the end, but it seems creepy to me to make my relatives into jewelry after they die.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They have been doing this for several years. My mom had it done with my brother.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Beats sticking them in an urn on your mantle
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife wants me to put her ashes in a can of paint to do the ceiling with so she'll be able to watch over me. And my new wife...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
No..Have a buddy load your ashes in shotgun shells and go blow you away out at the range with a bunch of your best buddies...  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No..Have a buddy load your ashes in shotgun shells and go blow you away out at the range with a bunch of your best buddies...  

I want to be mixed in with the cement that is used to make the pedestal of the monument of me I hope that is built.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top