Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 6:24:53 PM EDT
So, I have been using his whip since I sold my truck and he has a few cel codes that I want to fix for him.

I have
P1120
P0122
P1121
P1740
P0171
P0174

So, it looks like I either have a bad TPS, bad MAF sensor or a leak between the two

The TCC lock up solenoid is out or there's a break in the wire

and the o2 sensors are both bad.

Does that about sum it up?

I plugged in the apple toque app and plugged in a new TPS, the old one and the new one both read the same % which is 8% at idle. The odd thing is that the TPS isn't perfectly at 0 when at idle, 4% it reads when off the throttle body and 8% when it's on. It idles fine and not too high at those readings.

The TPS looks to have been changed already, so I am going to assume the MAF is bad, which would also explain the extended time it takes to start.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
4.2L , 4.6L , or 5.4L?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
4.2L , 4.6L , or 5.4L?
View Quote

The 4.2 panty dropper
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Check pcv hose elbow real well, but the 4.2 can get vacuum leaks at the lower intake as well.
I would start there first before changing the MAF sensor.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check pcv hose elbow real well, but the 4.2 can get vacuum leaks at the lower intake as well.
View Quote

I had excellent results with a can of MAF cleaner on my F150.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!!!

Do not replace the O2 sensors. PCV tube and intake gaskets were/are very common issues on these.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lower intake as in intake gaskets?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!!!

Do not replace the O2 sensors. PCV tube and intake gaskets were/are very common issues on these.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!!!

Makes sense looking at the voltages on all the o2 sensors they all seemed to cross check fine
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!!!!

Makes sense looking at the voltages on all the o2 sensors they all seemed to cross check fine
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]
190k miles is that makes a difference.

So, I'll start looking for leaks on the intake and the PCV hoses etc?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top