Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 3:07:25 PM EDT
I want to replace my straight steering  column with a tilting column. If I replace it with on that has an intermittent wiper switch(mine is off/slow/fast), will I have any problems or mods that need to be done? Will the wiper moter I have now work with the new wiper switch?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC, if you have a late model truck, it should be a simple switch, just un bolt the column and un plug the harness, and reverse to install the other column..IIRC....

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What year, make and model truck.

Not promising I can tell you.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
92 chevy s-10 p/u.   It's my extra truck.  I want to make it more comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I know on the full size trucks I work on (93's) there is a difference in the electronics in the wiper motor. One module is for standard and one for intermittent. It is a black cover on the wiper motor itself, IIRC it can be swapped out between the 2. I'm guessing you can change the column and the module on the wiper motor and be good to go, but I can't promise since it's been awhile since I did one.

EDIT: I remember now that a new wiper motor I installed on this truck came with a standard module and I simply switched the std. out for the intermittent module and all was well. That much is covered.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, I thought you had a truck question.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Que?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Que?

International Truck and Engine Company
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, you mean a real big truck.   Then you mean like this:

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

www.peterbilt.com/images/gal_limg_379.jpg

Close, but no cigar.

I meant like this:

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close, but no cigar.

I meant like this:

www.internationaldelivers.com/assets/heavy/9900ix_md.jpg

The Model 379 can be equipped from the widest range of engines available – up to 600 HP – and a variety of Peterbilt’s proprietary suspension systems, so it can be easily configured to meet the demands of virtually any job and the hauling requirements of most any application.

The International Eagle® 9900ix  boldly styled extended hood housing up to 565 hp

Ha, I win.  

And I know nothing about trucks, except my company uses Peterbilts exclusively after trying several other manufactures out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close, but no cigar.

I meant like this:

www.internationaldelivers.com/assets/heavy/9900ix_md.jpg

Engine options for 9900ix:

Engine  
Caterpillar C15/C16
435 HP/1550 lb-ft to 600 HP/2050 lb-ft
Cummins ISX/N14/Signature 600
400 HP/1450 lb-ft to 600 HP/2050 lb-ft

Most of the class 8 trucks can be outfitted with any of the engines from the big 3: cat, cummins or Detroit. It just depends on what suits your fancy, ford vs. chevy. Engines, transmissions and axles are mostly made by someone else and used per specs for the truck. International has their own line of engines they use in their medium duty line.

I'll call it a tie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top