Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2003 2:03:02 AM EDT
Looks like California is going to ban everything fun....

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.suit.reut/index.html

I cant believe this was America.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looks like California is going to ban everything fun....

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/05/13/oreo.suit.reut/index.html[/url]

I cant believe this was America.
View Quote

What else would you expect from Kaliforniastan?
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:13:08 AM EDT
[#2]
So all the people who want to eat Oreo's in Kalifonia won't be allowed to own/consume them after this ban?  So then we'll have people smuggling Oreo's accross the border of Kalifonia.  I can't wait to tell my grandkids about the days of Oreo Prohibition.  "Is it really true, Grandpa?  Did they really BAN a cookie?"  "Yes kids, it's true, they banned those black cookies right before they banned those evil black rifles.  Infact, all black colored food and polymer products have been banned from that state."
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
People that even dream up lawsuits like that should be executed without question.  They're a plague in this nation that needs to be eradicated.

Can we liberate California after we're done with Syria and North Korea?

Please?  ... Do it for the children ...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People that even dream up lawsuits like that should be executed without question.  They're a plague in this nation that needs to be eradicated.

Can we liberate California after we're done with Syria and North Korea?

Please?  ... Do it for the children ...
View Quote

You are not kidding!! I would hate to waste a good bullet thou, how about a good flogging? [naughty]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You are not kidding!! I would hate to waste a good bullet thou, how about a good flogging? [naughty]
View Quote

Right, then ... who's got a good cat-o-nine-tails? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#6]
After hearing about it on the radio yesterday, I think theyre only considering a ban on the Hi-Cap double stuff cookie.  No word on the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, using stuff like that in cookies and other foods might explain the health of this country, since we are consuming more and more of them each year, but I have to ask: WHO ATE THE DAMN COOKIE?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#8]
There is an old common-law doctrine in the law called res ipso loquitar...it holds that some things speak for themselves; the fact that the situation exists is proof of negligence or wrongdoing.

Obviously this attorney plans to use the fact that he is brain damaged enough to file this lawsuit to prove that he has suffered brain damage from the Oreo's.

As David Huddleston said in "Blazing Saddles": "Now who could argue with that!!!"
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Surely Kraft will just offer a substitute for the "named evil feature" and sell the true article, LEO and Military only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top