Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:20:32 PM EDT
Fred and I used his Coleman Crawdad, old model, today.  We traveled a few miles using his 17 pound thrust trolling motor.  We had our scuba rigs and ice chests in the boat, it worked well.  The Crawdad is 11' long and 4' wide, is made of plastic.  It is fairly low, stable and semi easy to get into in 2 to 3' water.  I paddled for a couple miles to help the motor and paddleing was easy.

I want a small trolling motor boat for the no-gas-engine lakes that we go to.

Got to choose between the pontoon type...fit in the pickup style or the Coleman Crawdad Jon boat style.  Is there any other good alternative?

The boat has to be easy to get out of and into, in a few feet of water without tipping.  It has to carry two sets of dive gear and two old fat guys.  And it has to travel a few miles carrying that stuff.  The ability to be paddled is a plus.  Ability to get into the boat, in the middle of the lake, would be fantastic.

I'll get a small trailer for it, leave the battery in it, and put a tarp over it.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad has a trolling motor mounted on his kayak.  I don't remember the brand of kayak but it was actually molded with wells for the battery and motor.  It's a wide two seater for stability.  He found it at a fishing expo a couple of years ago.

google "kayak motor" or "motorized kayak" and you'll get a couple of results for kits and things.  It's late so that's all I could come up with.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about motors
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top