Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2023 8:03:16 PM EDT
I dropped a couple of trees this summer and there were some wild grape vines in the branches.  I pulled all the vines out of the tree branches and put them in a second pile next to a pile of gravel I am using to run the slash on.    
The slash bounced off of the gravel and right in to the grape vines.   I tried to  rock the rc out of the vines.  All that did was wind the grape vines around the wheels.
A lot of cutting and cussing and the slash was free of the vines. I moved the vines out of the way so I could play some more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I once hit a piece of mostly buried re-bar at full speed with my Slash 4x4.  Lawdy it was impressive!  Thing made a god-awful bang, cart-wheeled up the air like a sumbitch for about 40’.  The right front wheel, a-arms, drive shaft and shock were all stuffed up into the body along the mid-line of the truck.  There exploded shock oil everywhere inside the body and all over the chassis.  What a bittersweet afternoon that was.  Really enjoyed the re-build after that wreck.

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I once hit a piece of mostly buried re-bar at full speed with my Slash 4x4.  Lawdy it was impressive!  Thing made a god-awful bang, cart-wheeled up the air like a sumbitch for about 40’.  The right front wheel, a-arms, drive shaft and shock were all stuffed up into the body along the mid-line of the truck.  There exploded shock oil everywhere inside the body and all over the chassis.  What a bittersweet afternoon that was.  Really enjoyed the re-build after that wreck.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52641/DSC_6210-2962926.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52641/IMG_0354-2962925.jpg
View Quote

That's impressive damage
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I am amazed how much abuse the slash can take and be repaired.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
They seem to be quite durable. I got my 5 year old the kit for us to build together, then I got one myself.

The controller is pretty durable too...she was running with it and tripped over a berm and ate it. The controller felt broken and messed up but after I disassembled it and got all the sand out and put it back together it is smooth and functional just like new.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I told my wife the drag strip is in.  She looked at me and said that rc is getting more expensive than guns.
They came and paved 400 ft of drive way today.  
Top Top