Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 11:06:26 AM EST
Going to Mich to visit Sister and New Nephew. Am traveling from NC. What are the gun laws concerning carry in Mich. I will be bringing my a Handgun.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:10:40 AM EST
I just moved here and havent gotten the straight off it all yet. Try the Michigan coalition of responsible gun owners web site. There might be some good info there for you. www.mcrgo.org
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:21:12 AM EST
Michigan honors out-of-state CCW permits. Just don't drink while you're carrying. Technically you can't carry in any bar or restaurant that sells alcohol, either. Which part of Michigan are you going to?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:33:00 AM EST
Here'e a clip of the law for CCW, if you're just going to bring one, you must keep it locked/unloaded in the trunk. Ron [url]http://www.msp.state.mi.us/reports/ccw/ag-ccw.htm[/url] Office of the Attorney General State of Michigan Opinion No. 6798 May 16, 1994 CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSE: > MCL 28.432a; MSA 28.98(1), provides: Section 6 [requiring a concealed weapon license to carry a concealed pistol] does not apply to: * * * (f) A person licensed to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by another state. Similarly, > MCL 750.231a; MSA 28.428(1), states: (1) Section 227 [prohibiting carrying a concealed pistol without a license] does not apply to any of the following: (a) To a person holding a valid license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by another state except where the pistol is carried in non-conformance with a restriction appearing on the license. The above-quoted statutory provisions clearly apply to a resident of another state that obtains a license to carry a concealed pistol in that state and then comes into the State of Michigan. Frank J. Kelley Attorney General
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:24:53 PM EST
Am heading to St. Ignace all the way up to the tip. They call it fish hook.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 2:22:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/1/2001 2:23:13 AM EST by Halfcocked]
It is (soon will be was) easier for non residents in Michigan to carry than residents. If you can make it over here the west coast look me up and we'll pop a few caps. Email me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:07:11 PM EST
Gwigg, St. Ignace is only the beginning of the state of Superior. If you're going to be there for the car show, I'll try to meet you there. Fred
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 1:12:51 AM EST
I'll be in St. Ignace from the 24th to the 27th. I'd love to go shoot, but I probably will spend the time with my sister and her family. Thanks for the info everyone.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:11:41 PM EST
It is illegal for a non resident to POSSESS a handgun in Michigan unless you have a CCW from your home state. Even if you are going there to hunt or target shoot you still need the CCW.
Top Top