Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 2:54:01 PM EDT
I need y'alls advice in making a decision.

Girl 1) V-E-R-Y cute. Wild as hell. Parties hard as hell. Fun to be with. But, I have to realize that it will be a very temporary thing.

Girl 2) Cute- but not quite as cute as #1. A bit more laid back. But we TOTALLY get along. It's pretty weird. Far less inclined to "put out on the first date" as #1- but a far better candidate for a long-term thing than #1.
Smart, pretty, fun, smart, workd hard, independant, smart....
She's a rare one.

I have to pick 1 or the other, and I have to do it fast. I don't know what I want.
I am young, so I don't want to be one of those people who waste the best years of their life in some quasi-marrige with a partner that never pans out-
But then again, I don't want to blow a legitimate prospect for the sake of a piece of ass.

So- 1 or 2?
Decisions getting made tommorow.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What will you do if #1 gets pregnant?
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Your Mensa membership is hereby revoked.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell Spock I say hi dorkboy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Great point: [b]I am young, so I don't want to be one of those people who waste the best years of their life in some quasi-marrige with a partner that never pans out-
[/b]

When the time comes you will know the choice to marry someone. For now, if I were you, I would pick #1(wild thang) and be friends with 2.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Definately #1, experience is talking here. Get the wild and crazy ones while you can. Later on in life it seems that most of them aren't so wild or crazy anymore or the end up with several kids or ugly. I guess you can only get rode hard and put up wet so many times before it catches up with you.

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd go with #2...

How will you feel when #1 finds some other guy... or screws around behind your back?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
How young are you? That makes a difference.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#9]
how old are you?

all depends on what you are looking for:

1. a good time that will be definitely short term. (if she is wild and puts out the first time, she will be giving it up to more.)

2. or if you are looking to settle down, go with #2. good women are hard to find.

always ask yourself one question:
if the sex wasn't in the relationship, would i still be with her??

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Kissing wears out.  Cooking don't.  

A truly good woman is hard to find.  If you've found one, hang on with all your might!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
How young are you?
View Quote

Old enough to do whatever I want...

Yet young enough that you will tell me to pick #1
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#13]
The pretty and wild ones are definitely fun, but they're strictly short term unless you're willing to deal with their generally high maintenance, which is never fun.  And partying like a rock star takes a toll on beauty.

The fun, laid back, smart, pretty ones are much rarer in today's world.  I met lots of #1's, and very few #2's.  I married the first #2 I met.

#1 will burn out.  They always did for me, but YMMV.
#2 will fade away.  But they tend to be a lot more fun over the long term.

My best advice is never date anyone you can't see yourself attached to for the rest of your life.  Accidents happen, and my daughter is a testament to that.  And if you split up and there is/was a kid, it will effect you for the rest of your life.  Be prepared for that.

Either way, I'm sure it'll be a learning experience.  Good luck.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, yes, it's a tough choice. It depends entirely on what you're looking for. There have been times in my life when I wanted to go out and party with a woman for a good time, love being entirely optional. There have also been times when I wanted stabe love more than anything else, and looked for someone who would provide it. Good suggestion from another: no matter what, be friends with #2 - friendship has no rules that it cannot turn into a relationship of lovers at a later date. Just keep in mind, if you befriend #2 and tell her of your wild exploits with #1, she won't let you live it down, especially if you start to pursue #2. Is #2 the jealous type? Could you date her and just go party with #1 as friends? Would she believe you? Is that a realistic scenario?

Good luck. If #2 is a good friend to you, even if you don't end up marrying and living happily ever after, the time you spend together is still  worthwhile.

Snowmaster

Quoted:
I need y'alls advice in making a decision.

Girl 1) V-E-R-Y cute. Wild as hell. Parties hard as hell. Fun to be with. But, I have to realize that it will be a very temporary thing.

Girl 2) Cute- but not quite as cute as #1. A bit more laid back. But we TOTALLY get along. It's pretty weird. Far less inclined to "put out on the first date" as #1- but a far better candidate for a long-term thing than #1.
Smart, pretty, fun, smart, workd hard, independant, smart....
She's a rare one.

I have to pick 1 or the other, and I have to do it fast. I don't know what I want.
I am young, so I don't want to be one of those people who waste the best years of their life in some quasi-marrige with a partner that never pans out-
But then again, I don't want to blow a legitimate prospect for the sake of a piece of ass.

So- 1 or 2?
Decisions getting made tommorow.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell Spock I say hi dorkboy.
View Quote

[b] Spock says "Hi, Genius".
Then he went away shaking his head mumbling something about "Mensans and their distinctly illogical perception of the world..."[/b]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

: no matter what, be friends with #2 - friendship has no rules that it cannot turn into a relationship of lovers at a later date. Just keep in mind, if you befriend #2 and tell her of your wild exploits with #1, she won't let you live it down, especially if you start to pursue #2. Is #2 the jealous type? Could you date her and just go party with #1 as friends? Would she believe you? Is that a realistic scenario?

View Quote

#1 and #2 are best friends.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#17]
well then why not work something out with the both of them??????????

Quoted:
Quoted:

: no matter what, be friends with #2 - friendship has no rules that it cannot turn into a relationship of lovers at a later date. Just keep in mind, if you befriend #2 and tell her of your wild exploits with #1, she won't let you live it down, especially if you start to pursue #2. Is #2 the jealous type? Could you date her and just go party with #1 as friends? Would she believe you? Is that a realistic scenario?

View Quote

#1 and #2 are best friends.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I_Luv_Carrots wrote:

"#1 and #2 are best friends."

...you're doomed.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#19]
You know what happened the last time when you let your little head do the thinking for you remember?

Spend some effort in girl #2, invest some TLC(tender love and care) in her.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Go with #1. #2 will hook up with some loser for a while & break up with him. By that time #1 will be waiting tables at Waffle house & running with some trucker & you can make time with #2.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Go for broke, work on getting both of them in the sack at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Date #1 and maintain friendship with #2.  Then when #1 dumps you, you have someone to console you. [:D].

Why do people insist on asking strangers about a choice like this?  Do what YOU think is right.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#23]
post a pic of both so we can make a better decision.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#24]
A real man could date them both at once!
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#25]
BOTH!

You have a brin, use it to juggle things.

It isn't that hard.  If things work out with either one, you can always break it off with the other, ho harm, no foul.

The best thing that could happen is that you ge them both into each other.  Yeah.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Man, it's a no brainer! Go with #2! Number 1 will spend all your money, mess with your head, and then leave you for some guy who has better cocaine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I chose #2, and after 14 years, I still miss #1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top