Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2001 9:02:34 AM EDT
I was thinking about a FAL type .308 for my next purchase but I'm totally confused.  

To me the FAL, L1A1, and CTME all look the same.  Also what is the deal with metric ones?  what exactly is metric in them?

Also, are they fun to shoot, reliable, and accurate?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Fal and L1A1 look the same. The CETME is HK G3 clone type. There a blast to shoot,decently accurate with surplus ammo too. You shouldn't be dissapointed with any of these choices.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Go for a metric FAL instead of an in parts rifle such as the L1A1. The metric guns have more in the line of parts and accessories available and at much cheaper prices. Metric parts and mags make up 90% of the FAL parts and rifle market.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Order the FAL armorer's course from American Gunsmithing institute. It's about 30 bucks. (www.americangunsmith.com)Sorry, I havent figured out how to set up the web address so you can click on and go to thier site. The video shows the diffrences between metric and inch. The FAL is  an exelent rifle, I highly recommend it. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, go to Fnfal.com and get the Builders manual AND video from Arizona Response systems. $50 for both priority mail. The manual is exc and covers all you will ever need to know. The video is SUPER for the do it yourselfer, it is 6 HOURS long and goes from getting your kit to test firing. This guy makes alot of his bread and butter building FALs
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The next question is -

How cheap can you build a [u]good*[/u] metric FAL?

* Just a reliable fairly accurate shooter.

Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.americangunsmith.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top