Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 10:06:40 PM EDT
Been looking around online at truck tool boxes and most of them seem to be $350+ Anyone know of some good quality for the money tool boxes that won't break the bank? Needing one for a 1999 Tacoma ex-cab.

May also look into the boxes like a job box that would sit in the middle of the bed, flush with the bed rails or lower so I could still run a canopy with out removing the box.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If you weren't in MT I'd recommend Craigslist. Have you priced Husky or Kobalt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you weren't in MT I'd recommend Craigslist. Have you priced Husky or Kobalt?
View Quote

I saw one on craigslist for 75$ but was an old add and was long gone. I haven't looked at those yet, was planning on hitting the home/ranch supply and maybe home depot.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Check Shiptons also.  

FWIW, I went cheap on a couple and was sorry I did.  Buy once cry once rings true here.

eta:  check the pawn shops too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#4]
UWS.  Low price and quality don't usually go together.  Buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Husky, and I have been happy with it.  I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was cheaper than most of the competitiors
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
If you were in VA...I'd give you one
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a UWS that I found on Craigslist. Love it and I really don't know how I ever got along without one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. I broke a couple cheap boxes before I sprung for a Weatherguard. 8 years later it's good as new.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had a tractor supply box for over 10 years. Its been a great box. Their prices are much more reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a UWS low-pro on my Tacoma and I've been happy with it. I think I paid about $300 and I don't regret it one bit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

May also look into the boxes like a job box that would sit in the middle of the bed, flush with the bed rails or lower so I could still run a canopy with out removing the box.
View Quote

Yeah flush fit is the way to go unless it's a work truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top