Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2001 5:59:40 AM EDT
And a good time was had by all.  This really has something for everyone.  Would be a great "date movie".  Anyone else see it?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Took my son and wife...thought it was hilarious. There are so many things to watch for, I know I missed some of the paradoys...but it was great.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't even heard of it. Guess I'm really out of touch.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Those animators are a real crafty bunch of people.  They would often put inside jokes etc. in the movies.  For example in the movie Roger Rabbit, those guys used Micheal Eisner's real home phone number.  I didn't see it, but I understand in the early version of the video, Jessica Rabbit wasn't wearing any underwear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I loved it. I wish I hadn't seen so many clips on TV. Some of the scenes weren't so funny after the 20-30th time.

Being a computer animator, I can really appreciate all the work put into it. The main characters were really well done and the backgrounds and lighting were totally awesome!!!

My favorite part is probably the intro, with shrek going through his daily routine. I couldn't stop laughing after Shrek's little "story telling".
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, the Jessica dress thing is pretty much a myth, depending on whether you believe the animators.  The scene in question is when she and Eddie Valiant get thrown from the toon car.  As she is spinning around, there is a frame or two where the angle is right to see up her dress, but the animators just made it darker so that you can't really see anything.  It was nighttime, after all.  Some have taken this darker bit for something else, obviously....

Something that is not a myth is right at the beginning of the movie, where Roger goofs his line in the opening cartoon, and Baby Herman storms off the set.  He pushes a woman's dress out of the way and storms off between her legs, startling her.  Just as he emerges from the dress, you can see that his middle finger is extended.  That little joke was cut out when they remastered the movie for the latest laserdisc version that was put out a few years ago.  The finger is missing in all later versions, including the DVD.  There was a bit of a protest from the film-enthusiast crowd because of the studio editing the movie from its original form.

I guess I'm too big of a film enthusiast for my own good.  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top