[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/1GUNRUNNER%2Fdinn%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is tri-tip?
View Quote

Whatever it is; it would taste better cooked!
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Think you got enough pepper on that?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice grips on the 1911, what kind of wood is that?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#7]
WHAT? "tri-tip marinated in teriyaki sauce"
You have to be kidding!

Tri-Tip deserves to be slow cooked over Red Oak coals, marinated in only salt, fresh ground pepper and fresh ground garlic!

Santa Maria, Ca is the Tri-Tip capital of the world!

Some people cook it very rare, I like it done so there is a little bit of pink in the center.

Since I can't get Red Oak up here I'll BBQ it over Mesquite. And for a change-up I'll lay on some BBQ sauce for the last 5 minutes of cooking.

Tri-tip is a triangular piece cut from the bottom of beef sirloin.

Butchers like Dykes refer to tri-tip as "bottom sirloin," part of the top sirloin and part of the sirloin tip. "In the old days," he explains, "the butchers had a cut they called the 'standard cut' which had top sirloin on one side, the bone in the middle, then the filet, and the tail part was the tri-tip. Only nobody knew it."

Somebody who did know it was a Texas meat man whom Dykes remembers as "Mr. Tri-tip." He brought tri-tip to California "by the truckload, tons of it. But he couldn't sell it, so it was used for hamburger. "

The breakthrough, according to local barbecuers, came in the late 1950s when Santa Maria butcher Bob Schutz innocently placed the end cut seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic salt on a rack in his rotisserie. Forty-five minutes later he shared it with fellow workers who were amazed at its unique texture and flavor.

Schutz promoted his "tri-tip" and taught customers how to prepare it. Williams Brothers picked up the idea and began to market tri-tip through its Central Coast stores where customers quickly came to appreciate its taste and, at least at that time, low price compared to other cuts of beef.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, the little lady was in the mood for tri-tip tonight, so who am I to argue with that? [;)]
I told her if she bought it I'd cook it. Nuthin' fancy, just tri-tip marinated in teriyaki sauce, rice, corn on the cob, and salad.

And of course, in the tradition of lordtrader, TREETOP, brouhaha, Imbroglio... etal... a gun on the side. Tonight's dinner gun is brought to you by Springfield Armory, cocked and locked and ready to rock! [:D]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Big%5FBear%2F1911A1dinner%2Ejpg[/img]
View Quote

damn that looks good!  you leave your gun cocked when you eat?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Dammit, its the middle of the night and now Im starving, Im gonna go cook a steak..

My neighbors are gonna say "Oh theres the crazy guy again, BBQ'n at 2AM in his boxers, with some kind of big gun.."
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dammit, its the middle of the night and now Im starving, Im gonna go cook a steak..

My neighbors are gonna say "Oh theres the crazy guy again, BBQ'n at 2AM in his boxers, with some kind of big gun.."
View Quote

Had the same idea.  Just BBQ'd myself some chicken a few minutes ago.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

and a rifle!" [;)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top