User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 9:30:44 AM EDT
www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/19/south_park_axed/

Tom Cruise kills South Park episode
It won't be coming out over here

By Lester Haines
Published Thursday 19th January 2006 12:01 GMT

UK TV viewers will not get to see an episode of South Park which shows Nicole Kidman and fellow Scientologist John Travolta attempting to coax a fictional Tom Cruise character out of a closet, with Kidman saying: "Don't you think this has gone on long enough? It's time for you to come out of the closet. You're not fooling anyone."

Naturally, the robustly heterosexual Top Gun star took exception to this when Trapped in the Closet aired in the US. The episode also showed Stan - believed by the Cruise character to be the reincarnation of Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard - having a pop at Cruise's acting abilities, and Cruise reportedly waved the legal big stick at Paramount and threatened to sue if the offending programme was ever shown again.

An insider said: "Tom is famously very litigious and will go to great lengths to protect his reputation. Tom was said not to like the episode and Paramount just didn't dare risk showing it again. It's a shame that UK audiences will never see it because it's very funny."
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#1]
"I'll sue you in England!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
well stan did say "SUE ME!" about 20 times at the end of that episode.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Bittorrent works just as well in the UK as it does here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Travolta : Oh ma Gahd Tom ya gotta come outta the closet , oh ma Gahd !

Good times.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#5]
[R kelly] An' then I pulled out my gun! An' said "Tom Cruise come outta the closet![/R kelly]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Travolta : Oh ma Gahd Tom ya gotta come outta the closet , oh ma Gahd !

Good times.

Oh ma Gahd, you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Scientologists threatening legal action... NOOOOOOOOO! Say it aint so Jo.

www.xenu.net
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#8]
damn, so South Park has already gotten the Bloody Mary and Scientology episodes banned from this season. I'm definitely getting this season when it comes out on DVD
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
well stan did say "SUE ME!" about 20 times at the end of that episode.  

Also, did you notice the ending credits?

Every single name was John Smith. Or something like that.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
damn, so South Park has already gotten the Bloody Mary and Scientology episodes banned from this season. I'm definitely getting this season when it comes out on DVD

I have seen every single Southpark episode......................at least 3 times.

I'm a chronic

But "Bloody Mary" went too far.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Is he mad because he hasn't come out of the closet?

I saw the TC episode but didnt see the Bloody Mary one, probably better off that way...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]

the robustly heterosexual Top Gun star

Thou doest protest too much.
PS:  Please don't sue me Tom.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have seen every single Southpark episode......................at least 3 times.

I'm a chronic

I don't think they went too far with the bloody mary episode, I just didn't find the part containing the statue to be all that funny. The part with Stan's dad was hillarious though. "Stan, I have a disease"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a chronic

I don't think they went too far with the bloody mary episode, I just didn't find the part containing the statue to be all that funny. The part with Stan's dad was hillarious though. "Stan, I have a disease"

I thought Bloody MAry was pretty good. Of course I'm not all that religious either. The alcoholic storyline involving the dad was pretty damn funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#15]
It's funny to me that Southpark regularly parodies Jesus Christ, yet certain Catholic activist groups didn't vent their outrage until the Virgin Mary was insulted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn I haven't seen the Bloody Mary one yet. Need to dl it. The only one I thought ever 'went to far' or at least creeped me the hell out was the christmas episode they did either last year or the year before when the animals birth the anitchrist.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Pfft, as if every male with a computer and broadband connection aged 14-28 hasn't seen it already.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that the "Bloody Mary" episode will not be included in the DVD set. At least that is what I read when they first released the story. I could be wrong though. I'm a big fan...BUT...that one did push it too far.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a chronic

I thought Bloody MAry was pretty good. Of course I'm not all that religious either. The alcoholic storyline involving the dad was pretty damn funny.

"A chick bleeding out her vagina is no miracle. Chicks bleed out their vaginas all the time."

- Pope Benedict XVI
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
The scientology one was funny as hell, but the Bloody Mary one wasn't.  The humor were not there and it was just mostly gross.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It's funny to me that Southpark regularly parodies Jesus Christ, yet certain Catholic activist groups didn't vent their outrage until the Virgin Mary was insulted.

have they done an episode on islam??  maybe w/ heads being cut off and stuff?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have they done an episode on islam??  maybe w/ heads being cut off and stuff?

They did the super best friends episode, where they depicted mohammed, and in the commentary they said they got in trouble for that, because animating mohammed is suppoed to be really really bad.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#23]

...the robustly heterosexual Top Gun star...

Um... yeah, okay....... If you say so.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bittorrent works just as well in the UK as it does here.

BT FTW!!!
I just downloaded the episode in 1 min. 54 sec.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#25]
where can I download this?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#26]
As if every southpark fan in the UK hadn't already seen it by going to a certain website that starts with an 'm' and ends with a 'g' and downloading it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought the R. Kelly part of that episode got a little annoying.

Any inside information I should know about it to find it funny?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#28]
South Park is funny but not near as funny as "Drawn Together"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#29]
ROFL!!!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN!  If you dont stop thinking that the R. Kelly part was annoying I'm gonna shoot someone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Well I'm gonna go download it now ...just coz I can....

Taffy in the UK

I'll not be censored..."Tom who?"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN!  If you dont stop thinking that the R. Kelly part was annoying I'm gonna shoot someone.

"and I opened the closet, and it was Mike Tyson!"...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
where can I download this?

www.mrtwig.net/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top