Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 1:38:06 PM EDT
Todays conversation with some co-workers was about stealing. These are not the brain washed relgious goons form the other day.

Turns out one of my co-workers has a criminal record, and is a convicted felon.

He had mentioned that when he was younger he would steal often from people he knew, and shoplift at a local store when he was on lunch break from school.

A few other people, along with the co-worker in question, admitted they did not have a problem with stealing, they thought it was ok.

I said NO it is not ok, not at all.

They were shocked to hear this, and tried to convince me it was ok for people to steal.

I asked them if it would ok if someone stole from them, and they said NO,   WTF, I said, so you are telling me it is ok for you to steal, but not for someone to steal from you?

As for shoplifting, they felt as if that was ok, since the store would never mis what they stole, WTF, I told them that yes the store would mis that items stole, and other people would have to pay higher prices to cover what they stole, still I gained no ground.

Sadly I had to walk away, I felt as if I could not win this one, thier minds were made up.

I did tell them that thier parents failed in raising them right....

They felt otherwise, so I left the area, dismayed that peolple still think it is ok to steal, esp if someone has more than you do, damn, this country is sinking into the abyss and I feel like there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they Democrats?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]

And how old are these people?

Please tell me their still kids and not grown adults that can vote...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes they are, we also had a little round about that, esp when they found out, throught the two religous nuts, that I am registered Republican.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Steal their staplers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And how old are these people?

Please tell me their still kids and not grown adults that can vote...

They are in thier late 20s to early 30s with kids, scary aint it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are they Democrats?

That is the first thing I though of.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
There's an amazing number of truly ignorant people today.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Todays conversation with some co-workers was about stealing. These are not the brain washed relgious goons form the other day.

He had mentioned that when he was younger he would steal often from people he knew, and shoplift at a local store when he was on lunch break from school.

A few other people, along with the co-worker in question, admitted they did not have a problem with stealing, they thought it was ok.

They were shocked to hear this, and tried to convince me it was ok for people to steal.

I asked them if it would ok if someone stole from them, and they said NO,   WTF, I said, so you are telling me it is ok for you to steal, but not for someone to steal from you?

As for shoplifting, they felt as if that was ok, since the store would never mis what they stole, WTF, I told them that yes the store would mis that items stole, and other people would have to pay higher prices to cover what they stole, still I gained no ground.

Sadly I had to walk away, I felt as if I could not win this one, thier minds were made up.

They felt otherwise, so I left the area, dismayed that peolple still think it is ok to steal, esp if someone has more than you do, damn, this country is sinking into the abyss and I feel like there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Steal their staplers.

+1

Start taking stuff from them with regularity - office supplies, lunch from the fridge, gas out of their cars, etc

Stealing is either wrong or it is not - it doesn't matter from whom.  Since they've stated that stealing is ok, their qualifier that they don't want to be stolen from is meaningless.  They've essentially stated that they don't REALLY believe in the importance of private property.

Obviously, you cannot STEAL from them - sine you believe it is wrong - but you can certainly donate their stuff to local charities  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The only thing I admire about Islam is the way it deals with thieves.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The convicted felon has no voting rights, does he?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Steal their staplers.

Cant, they dont have staplers, they are press operators, I am thier mechanic...now I know where my tools are going.......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I dont believe he can vote.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Make sure YOU raise YOUR children right.  That's the best contribution yu can make to this society.  Situational ethics is ruining this country.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry you have to work with total morons.  That sucks
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont believe he can vote.....

I believe his voting rights, just like his RKBA, can be restored by the Governor.  It's a pardon, and good luck getting one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#16]
how are your pickpocketing skills?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe they know your a gun nut and are just fuckin' with ya.

[sienfelds mom] sometimes your father forgets to steal the batteries so I have to [sienfelds mom]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmmmm

Union shop by chance?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
[sienfelds mom] sometimes your father forgets to steal the batteries so I have to [sienfelds mom]

LEO: Oh, they don't care. We all do it.

JERRY: Who, criminals?

LEO: Senior citizens. No big deal.

JERRY: You could get arrested.

LEO: Arrested? Come on! (Goes into a routine explaination for his stealing) I'm an old man. I'm confused! I thought I paid for it. What's my name? Will you take me home?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hmmmm

Union shop by chance?

Nope.......
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Common for people to steal here.

I seen people get pissed when thier kids steal stuff from your yard and you go over there to get it back
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I seen people get pissed when thier kids steal stuff from your yard and you go over there to get it back

Hmm sounds like you should break some kneecaps, to keep things interesting
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm sounds like you should break some kneecaps, to keep things interesting

One day I will build my Orc gate..
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They felt otherwise, so I left the area, dismayed that peolple still think it is ok to steal,

esp if someone has more than you do,

damn, this country is sinking into the abyss and I feel like there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Damn.  Too bad you couldn't get that from 'em in writing (protection from arrest).  Since Verbally, they just gave you everything they own.  Sorry fuckers.  

Yea,   Sure it's OK.  'Till it's their possessions.  
 Whole 'nother whiney story then. ....

(edited, and still can't spell any better)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top