Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 11:08:29 AM EDT
1. Self respect is nothing more than being the kind of person you'd respect. It really is a simple concept but can be difficult to practice, which is why so many don't have it.

2. Self esteem is worthless. It means accepting yourself with faults and failings but being proud anyway. Basically self esteem means you stopped trying to have self respect.

3. If AKM ammo (7.62x39 and 5.45x39) does dry up your "practical rifle" will become impractical.

4. One has to wonder if the FBI materials test (which seems to contradict the findings of all other similar tests) wasn't simply fabricated (statisticized - new word I invented) to provide justification for Federal law enforcement to switch from pistol caliber SMGs to 5.56 NATO.

5. With over 30 years experience spending my own money I have found that a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and a six pack of Coke is the best possible investment of $20.

6. Any black person who calls another black person a "Uncle Tom" or "Sellout" for trying to "act white" is a racist. They have accepted the KKK basic premise that all white people act one way and all black people act another way.

7. A LOT of people decry DA autos because of the initial long DA trigger pull, and this has caused a trend towards light DA triggers and cocked and locked carry. I think back to the gunslingers of the old west who could draw and cock a weapon and wonder what became of this rare and esoteric skill that SWAT officers are seemingly incapable of.

8. Concerning the old .45 vs. 9mm debate it mostly comes down to this. Do you want to carry approx. 8 rounds which will put down at least 8 people or do you want to carry 15 rounds which will put down at least 8 people?

9. If you intend to prepare for personal defense ask yourself this question. If my (gun, knife, flashilight, pepper spray, taser, etc.) fails...am I now screwed? Adjust personal defense doctrine based upon answer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
8. Concerning the old .45 vs. 9mm debate it mostly comes down to this. Do you want to carry approx. 8 rounds which will put down at least most 8 people or do you want to carry 15 rounds which will put down at least 8 people?

otherwise, good to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

6. Any black person who calls another black person a "Uncle Tom" or "Sellout" for trying to "act white" is a racist. They have accepted the KKK basic premise that all white people act one way and all black people act another way.

at work I overheard a black person say this to another black person, I felt like reporting him, but I am too lazy to go down to HR. I was really pissed though, as I was only standing a few feet away from him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
8. Concerning the old .45 vs. 9mm debate it mostly comes down to this. Do you want to carry approx. 8 rounds which will put down at least most 8 people or do you want to carry 15 rounds which will put down at least 8 people?

otherwise, good to go.

actually, no. The .45 bullet has miraculous capabilities, it can go straight through one person and then find another target and shoot them as well.

.45 is magic
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

otherwise, good to go.

Correction noted.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
8. Concerning the old .45 vs. 9mm debate it mostly comes down to this. Do you want to carry approx. 8 rounds which will put down at least 8 people or do you want to carry 15 rounds which will put down at least 8 people?

The assumption here is that you are 100% accurate and that all 8 are on PCP.

If you intend to prepare for personal defense ask yourself this question. If my (gun, knife, flashilight, pepper spray, taser, etc.) fails...am I now screwed? Adjust personal defense doctrine based upon answer.

DriftPunch did it, in the parlor, with the candlestick...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]
4. One has to wonder if the FBI materials test (which seems to contradict the findings of all other similar tests) wasn't simply fabricated (statisticized - new word I invented) to provide justification for Federal law enforcement to switch from pistol caliber SMGs to 5.56 NATO.

Im curious as to what you mean by the above.  Do you have information that differs from Facklers work?

9mm vs .45?  maybe our "chances" well improve with .40 and .357sig  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

3. If AKM ammo (7.62x39 and 5.45x39) does dry up your "practical rifle" will become impractical.

doesnt this apply to 5.56 just as easily?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

doesnt this apply to 5.56 just as easily?

I say it doesn't apply to 7.62x39 or 5.56 since they're both domestically produced.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
1. Self respect is nothing more than being the kind of person you'd respect. It really is a simple concept but can be difficult to practice, which is why so many don't have it.

2. Self esteem is worthless. It means accepting yourself with faults and failings but being proud anyway. Basically self esteem means you stopped trying to have self respect.

I'm not sure if you realize that self esteem isn't just about accepting faults, but about recognizing strengths and your value. I have both self respect and self esteem,and I'm not sure how you could have one without the other.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure if you realize that self esteem isn't just about accepting faults, but about recognizing strengths and your value. I have both self respect and self esteem,and I'm not sure how you could have one without the other.

Self esteem is feeling good about yourself despite your faults, self respect is doing something about your faults. Nobody with self respect gives a damn about self esteem.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Im curious as to what you mean by the above.  Do you have information that differs from Facklers work?

Just about everything else I have ever seen. Start with the Box of Truth.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Very, very true.
The "fatal flaw" in relying on ComBloc weapons.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Self esteem is feeling good about yourself despite your faults, self respect is doing something about your faults. Nobody with self respect gives a damn about self esteem.

Damn straight.   I spent years going nowhere despite plenty of "self-esteem" - once I realized I had to actually respect myself things got a lot better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I knew a salty FL deputy sheriff who used to thumb cock his SIG P-220 as he was drawing so he could beat that problem.

He would give the range officer fits.

RIP Rick Black
MCSO
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
7. A LOT of people decry DA autos because of the initial long DA trigger pull, and this has caused a trend towards light DA triggers and cocked and locked carry. I think back to the gunslingers of the old west who could draw and cock a weapon and wonder what became of this rare and esoteric skill that SWAT officers are seemingly incapable of.

The only thing that prevented me from being shot a few years ago as I wrestled a BDA away from someone trying to shoot me was the long, crappy trigger pull...

I prefer single action...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might want to open up a dictionary sometime soon. Also, I'm sure plently more people on this forum have self respect and self esteem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Steyr.  Are your children(if you have any) AUGtistic too?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like we found a replacement for "Cooper's Corner", if and when he goes to that big pistol range in the sky.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You might want to open up a dictionary sometime soon. Also, I'm sure plently more people on this forum have self respect and self esteem.

self-esteem

n 1: a feeling of pride in yourself.

And again, it's a "baseless" pride. You can have it without doing anything. I'd try and explain it but you obviously didn't get it the first time I did.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
5. With over 30 years experience spending my own money I have found that a large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and a six pack of Coke is the best possible investment of $20.

I never really thought about a $20 like that. I am hard pressed to find something for $20 that can beat your choice. Good call.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

self-esteem

And again, it's a "baseless" pride. You can have it without doing anything. I'd try and explain it but you obviously didn't get it the first time I did.

I wish I had the link, but there was a great article that rated "self esteem" among teenagers.  The higher the "self esteem", the lower their actual grade point average.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

self-esteem

Some people, myself included, have applied themselves in life, and feel proud about their efforts.

Just to make this clear, you don't have any pride in yourself?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
8. Concerning the old .45 vs. 9mm debate it mostly comes down to this. Do you want to carry approx. 8 14 rounds which will put down at least most14 people or do you want to carry 15 16-33 rounds which will put down at least 8 A LOT of people?

otherwise, good to go.

otherwise good to go.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#27]
just like "commitment" is the courage to stay the course, even when the outcome is uncertian. and current conditions are less than favorable.

describes most relationships/world affairs too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never really thought about a $20 like that. I am hard pressed to find something for $20 that can beat your choice. Good call.

more ammo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Harvey's Corollary to Number Eight, as first postulated, and last revision:

How many times do you propose to miss?

(Harvey was my Dad-- this was his response when I told him of the advent of the Czech 75 way back when. Thanks, Dad.)
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

self-esteem

Some people, myself included, have applied themselves in life, and feel proud about their efforts.

Just to make this clear, you don't have any pride in yourself?

You're trying really, really hard to not understand what I said.

Perhaps you should "apply yourself" to actually reading and comprehending what I wrote. You seem like an educated guy, I bet you could answer your own question if you tried.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#31]
It's interesting how the single stack .45 vs double stack 9mm rule has replaced this old rule.

"Don't piss off 7 people when all you've got is a 6 shooter".

Of course, those guy's never missed!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top