Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/13/2002 12:43:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2002 2:34:55 PM EST by AlClenin]
Has anyone heard this. I like it. They just played it on the radio and then told how it was scheduled to be played on a 4th of july TV special. Too pad Peter "dipshit" Jennings heard the song and got the station to ax it. I'll see if I can find a link to the song. It has the lyric "we'll put a boot in your ass" so it must be good.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:36:10 PM EST
[url]http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/2002/2002-06-13-toby-keith.htm[/url]
"I find it interesting that he's not from the U.S.," Keith says of Jennings, who is Canadian. "I bet Dan Rather'd let me do it on his special."
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:41:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By AlClenin: [url]http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/2002/2002-06-13-toby-keith.htm[/url]
"I find it interesting that he's not from the U.S.," Keith says of Jennings, who is Canadian. "I bet Dan Rather'd let me do it on his special."
View Quote
View Quote
I bet he wouldn't, since he's a stark raving liberal. Why haven't we revoked his Texas Citizenship yet? I'm no Toby Keith fan, but I may become one. Someone needs to take up the slack left by Bocephus and Charlie Daniels. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:46:01 PM EST
It's a super-cool song.... Scott
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:49:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:06:02 PM EST
I may be in the minority here, but I don't like it (the song not the message). Something about the song and it timing seems a little too much like he is just jumping on the band wagon. I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Also his recent stuff just hasn't been as good as the older songs. I like this singer/song writer and his work better as a patriotic musician, and interestingly enough, he is a Canadian: [url]http://www.fredeaglesmith.com[/url] One of his better songs (for this crowd anyway) [url]http://www.jason.hammond.net/fsw/eaglesmith/tab/time_to_get_a_gun.txt[/url] Kyle
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:28:52 PM EST
I am trying to get the lyrics: [url]http://www.tobykeith.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=41524&t=7463#post41524[/url] (I am a Toby Keith fan, BTW. So I don't mind joining the forum on his website....) Scott [beer]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:30:52 PM EST
I don't know anything about Toby Keith, but his old man was a great guy, funny as hell and lived pretty hard... So best of wishes to Toby, because his dad was one cool cat. [size=6]RIP HK[/size=6] Ben Hey, I never got to say it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:32:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wiggins: I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Kyle
View Quote
That would have been interesting. Would have made him one of Dionne's psychic friends, since the song is about us fighting back AFTER 9/11.... Scott P.S. I would have been quicker getting the link to my question over there, but I watched the videos for "I Wanna Talk About Me" and "How Do You Like Me Now?" [url]http://www.tobykeith.com/music/video/video.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:52:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:55:31 PM EST
Yeah Peter Jennings stepped in with his Liberal agenda. I just won't be watching his shity little tv special. Piss on him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:57:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By ColonelKlink: hey where can ibuy this song.
View Quote
Look for a CD Single at Wal*Mart, I guess. OR wait for the next album.... Scott
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:00:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By DScottHewitt:
View Quote
View Quote
Or download an mp3 off of the net --- it's the communist way. That gives me an idea...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:00:58 PM EST
[url]http://www.deesplace.com/CourtesyOfTheRedWhiteAndBlue.html[/url] Plays the song and has the lyrics listed.... Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue Toby Keith American girls And American guys We'll always stand up and salute We'll always recognize When we see ole' glory flyin' There's a lot of men dead So we can sleep in peace at night When we lay down our heads My daddy served in the army When he lost his right eye But he flew a flag out in our yard Till the day that he died He wanted my mother My brother My sister and me To grow up and live happy In the land of the free Now there's places that I love That's fallen under attack A mighty sucker punch came flyin' in From somewhere in the back Soon as we could see clearly Through our big black eye Man we lit up your world Like a Fourth of July Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fists And the people will fly And it's gonna be hell When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bells And It'll feel like the whole wide world Is raining down on you Ohhh.... Brought to you courtesy... Of the RED, WHITE, and BLUE Oh..Justice will be served And the battle will rage This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage You'll be sorry that you messed with the U S of A Cause we'll put a boot in your ass It's the American way Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fists And the people will fly And it's gonna be hell When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bells And It'll feel like the whole wide world Is raining down on you Ohhh.... Brought to you courtesy... Of the RED, WHITE, and BLUE Ohhh... Ohhh.... Brought to you courtesy... Of the RED, WHITE, and BLUE Scott [beer]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:06:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wiggins: I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Kyle
View Quote
That would have been interesting. Would have made him one of Dionne's psychic friends, since the song is about us fighting back AFTER 9/11....
View Quote
Thank you for proving my point![:D] What I meant was I don't think he would have released a patriotic song before 9/11, not just this particular one. Kyle
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:08:07 PM EST
That was surely wonderful to hear. Screw Peter Jennings and the fop he came in with! Eric The(Patriotic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:29:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/13/2002 4:33:33 PM EST by DScottHewitt]
Originally Posted By AlClenin:
View Quote
View Quote
Or download an mp3 off of the net --- it's the communist way. That gives me an idea...
View Quote
The site I listed, has the song downloadable as a WAV file. [url]http://www.deesplace.com/CourtesyOfTheRedWhiteAndBlue.html[/url] BTW, the song plays on a continuous loop as long as you keep the page open.... Scott
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:29:26 PM EST
It is a good song. It's nice to hear more [i]good[/i] patriotic songs being sung lately.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:35:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By SNIPERm88: It is a good song. It's nice to hear more [i]good[/i] patriotic songs being sung lately.
View Quote
If I hear Lee Greenwoods "God Bless the U.S.A." one more time, I may go nuts. It's a good song, but I've heard it way too many times since 9/11. It's nice to have more modern patriotic songs, as it was out of fashion for so long. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:38:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wiggins: I may be in the minority here, but I don't like it (the song not the message). Something about the song and it timing seems a little too much like he is just jumping on the band wagon. I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Also his recent stuff just hasn't been as good as the older songs. Kyle
View Quote
Sadly, most people didn't get patriotic until after 9/11, and soon most people will be back to their old "it's just a piece of cloth" or "let's not judge" ways. Patriotism won't last because it's hard to be patriotic and cynical at the same time, regardless of which side you lean on. However, I have no problem with someone writing a patriotic song after a tragedy like 9/11 if that's how they truly feel. BTW, do you read much Orson Scott Card? Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:43:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas:
Originally Posted By SNIPERm88: It is a good song. It's nice to hear more [i]good[/i] patriotic songs being sung lately.
View Quote
If I hear Lee Greenwoods "God Bless the U.S.A." one more time, I may go nuts. It's a good song, but I've heard it way too many times since 9/11. It's nice to have more modern patriotic songs, as it was out of fashion for so long. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote
That was from three wars ago. New war, new song Scott
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:05:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2002 10:06:15 PM EST by DScottHewitt]
[url]http://www.deesplace.com/CourtesyOfTheRedWhiteAndBlue.html[/url] Plays the song on a continuous loop as long as the site is open, and has the lyircs printed out.... Scott P.S. I am all for moderation in how we speak here, okay? BUT CANADIAN PETER JENNINGS NNEDS TO KEEP HIS MONKEY-LICKING NOSE OUT OF [b]MY[/b] FREAKING FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 2:03:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By Wiggins: I may be in the minority here, but I don't like it (the song not the message). Something about the song and it timing seems a little too much like he is just jumping on the band wagon. I personally don't think he would have released this song before Sept. 11th, and something about that just puts it off for me. Also his recent stuff just hasn't been as good as the older songs. I like this singer/song writer and his work better as a patriotic musician, and interestingly enough, he is a Canadian: [url]http://www.fredeaglesmith.com[/url] One of his better songs (for this crowd anyway) [url]http://www.jason.hammond.net/fsw/eaglesmith/tab/time_to_get_a_gun.txt[/url] Kyle
View Quote
That is why it was just released last month. He wrote the song a few days after 911, but he would only play it at concerts. If you think his timing is bad, what about Alan Jackson's song? It was played on the radio almost constantly since 911. We had to wait until May 2002 to hear Toby's song on the radio!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 2:35:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:29:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wiggins:
View Quote
That would have been interesting. Would have made him one of Dionne's psychic friends, since the song is about us fighting back AFTER 9/11....
View Quote
Thank you for proving my point![:D] What I meant was I don't think he would have released a patriotic song before 9/11, not just this particular one. Kyle
View Quote
You know something about Toby the rest of us don't?
Top Top