Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/15/2001 7:43:28 PM EDT
"That's what's wrong with the world today, there's too much future, and and not enough past."
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:13:40 PM EDT
I liked his idea for stopping Airline Hijackings: "Give all of the passengers guns when they board the plane" ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 9:33:36 PM EDT
ColtShorty, You seem to take a longer view of things than I do. [(:)] Hah! Couldn't resist that one. Now don't call me short-sighted.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:26:30 AM EDT
"Squash them Japs, Duke" - While watching John Wayne's "Fighting Seabees" On welfare - "Give the poor people money and what do they do? Blow it on food..." Archie freakin' RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 5:52:26 AM EDT
Archie Bunker ws the Walt Whitman of our time. In our house growing up he was the hero of the Television. His value structure is soreley missed in modern America. If the show was still on today The Meathead would be a HCI member and Archie would be a Life member of the N.R.A. I miss Him.
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 9:20:54 AM EDT
Archie was pro-gun: Talking to daughter Gloria who was an anti: "Geez little goil would you be happier if more people were pushed out of windows?"
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 10:00:58 AM EDT
As hard as the liberal writers and producers tied to make him look bad, he was the star of the show. without archie, that show never exists...
Link Posted: 6/17/2001 10:48:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Butkus 51: As hard as the liberal writers and producers tied to make him look bad, he was the star of the show. without Archie, that show never exists...
View Quote
What the liberal media and producers tried to do with Archie was make the conservative look dumb and stupid. Make him look like a racist. They tried to make conservatism sound the way Archie portraid it. In the 70's liberalism was trying to make its mark. Trying to get its foot in the door. Well it has succeeded and look at us now. Gloria and mike used England as a roll model for gun control. Saying they have less crime cause they have less guns. Well look at them now. All guns taken away and a bigger crime problem then they ever had. One reason Archie was so popular is cause the conservatives liked what he said but laughed at they way he said it. I don't think he was a racist he was just ignorant on how to deal with the change of America. I think the producers were shocked on how the American people loved Archie. I think their plan backfired but they stuck with it to make money.
Top Top