Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 7:44:28 PM EDT
Do they openly or have they ever openly/verbally supported the private ownership and the fresh importation/creation of machine guns into the private market? Just wondering before I give them my money
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
probably not.........we would have to overcome several more restrictive gun law hurdles before we could crack that nut.

Things must progress in stages for it to have any real lasting affect. IMHO.

I will still send them my money.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Karl T. Frederick, the NRA president in 1934 was consulted during the drafting and revision of the NFA.

Congress originally copied the DC provision which declared any semi-automatic capable of firing 12 rounds without reloading, a machine gun.  (Frederick was actually the author of that, too.)

During the Ways and Means Committee meeting on the NFA, Frederick successfully argued to get that definition changed to anything which fires more than one shot per trigger pull.

In a sense, the NRA is partially responsible for the NFA restriction on FA.  In another sense, the NRA is also the reason most semi-autos weren't included in the NFA.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Karl T. Frederick, the NRA president in 1934 was consulted during the drafting and revision of the NFA.

Congress originally copied the DC provision which declared any semi-automatic capable of firing 12 rounds without reloading, a machine gun.  (Frederick was actually the author of that, too.)

During the Ways and Means Committee meeting on the NFA, Frederick successfully argued to get that definition changed to anything which fires more than one shot per trigger pull.

In a sense, the NRA is partially responsible for the NFA restriction on FA.  In another sense, the NRA is also the reason most semi-autos weren't included in the NFA.

+1

They could have done better. But they didn't. We are now forced to work with them just to save our semi guns.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the new president, Sandy Froman(?) from Tucson, AZ is a cless 3 owner.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I believe the new president, Sandy Froman(?) from Tucson, AZ is a cless 3 owner.

The more I learn about her, the more I like her. I was afraid at first she would be all about "I'm a woman hunter" and that's all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#6]
untill they activly engage the legislator or suprem court about the unconstitionality of these laws, the answer is no as they do not want the un PC press. Ultimently bad press=less donations and that is the life blood of all non profits organizations

I just dont think they will suport the second amendment in this regard, more money comes from the hunting crowd so thats where the majority of the focus is going to be on

there was  substantial diffrence between support the sunset of AWB and the repeal of one of the big ones

too big of a risk for the board and the organizations
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top