Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 6:24:27 AM EDT
What is your favorite manskill you have in your mental toolbox?  Ladies, feel free to outclass us in our manly skills and contribute.

My favorite is the ability to take explosives, add me, and make a really big boom.  I can remove a road, tank obstacle, trees, or given enough C4 take out a skyscraper.  I like making things explode.  I miss you demo range.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What is your favorite manskill you have in your mental toolbox?  Ladies, feel free to outclass us in our manly skills and contribute.

My favorite is the ability to take explosives, add me, and make a really big boom.  I can remove a road, tank obstacle, trees, or given enough C4 take out a skyscraper.  I like making things explode.  I miss you demo range.

I too have the boom skills, except I got mine non-militarily. The only "plastic" I got to use was the RDX in a shaped charge.

My other man-skill is an uncanny ability to make broken machinery work again, thus garnering me the nickname "MacGuyver" at work.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I too have the boom skills, except I got mine non-militarily. The only "plastic" I got to use was the RDX in a shaped charge.

My other man-skill is an uncanny ability to make broken machinery work again, thus garnering me the nickname "MacGuyver" at work.

I like it.  Do you by chance have a paperclip?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I once found this little guy that was in a boat.. in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Only once? I pity you, friend
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I made this without using any CNC machinery

Made the chest of drawers for my son

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only once? I pity you, friend

You should pity his girlfriend
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#7]
HE + detonator = boom, for bigger boom, add more HE.  Doesn't seem that difficult.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For use in what?  What were the required tolerances?  Looks nice BTW.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I can shoot things, survive with bare minimum supplies, and I'd like to think I can treat emergency medical problems.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HE + detonator = boom, for bigger boom, add more HE.  Doesn't seem that difficult.

The difficulty comes with where, when and how to employ it.  It would be the differance between me taking down your bridge and me taking out your entire fixed perimeter.  Oh, and C4 and barbed wire is a nasty combination.

BTW, the concept is that is my favorite thing that I can do.  I would dry hump a porcipine to be allowed on another demolitions range.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I can make fire 6 ways without the aid of match or lighter.
Accuracy and sharp things interest me.
I can return a razor edge to any piece of cutlery using hand stones,cardboard or news paper.
I can rock a harmonica  with the best of players.
I am a gentleman around women.And a man amognst men
I consistenly deliver multiple earth shaking O's to the women. I'm tantric that way.
I'm highly functional and require little  .
I'm a loyal husband
I'm a solid father and role model to my children
I think for myself
I define wisdom as the art of listening
I'm a great cook and pit master
I do my own ironing
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Give me some niter, brimstone, and some burnt wood, things can go boom.  Between my forge, my anvil ,and I, neat stuff is made.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can return a razor edge to any piece of cutlery using hand stones,cardboard or news paper.
I consistenly deliver multiple earth shaking O's to the women. I'm tantric that way.
I'm a loyal husband
I think for myself
I do my own ironing

And a vast reservoir of humility as well, I see.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/Nightdriver/IMG_0926.jpg  

For use in what?  What were the required tolerances?  Looks nice BTW.

I made that about 7 years ago so I really don't recall the exact machine it went on, but the basic idea was a feeder for traction chain into a press that would cut it to length.

Tolerance on the bore was shop standard for here. +.002 -.000

All others were probably +-.005

Nothing too tight

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a penis and am expert in its use.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I can plan and develop a site, perform construction inspection and admin.  I miss playing with C4 though (former 0351 in WPNS 1/5).  I can do concrete work, but not as well as the Mexican fellas on some of my job sites.

I make bread from scratch.  Grind the wheat berries into flour, and cook in a wood-fired brick oven I built by myself.

I've raised hogs before, and butcher our own deer every year.

I make beer, mead, wine etc.

I'm helping teach my oldest daughter to box.

I'm teaching one of my police officer friends how to handle somebody with a knife.. I'll teach my daughters this too soon.  

I've never machined anything in my life.  I'd love to know how to operate a lathe, press, etc.  To the poster above that machined that gear...great work!
My welding SUCKS the few times I've done it.  No "stacked coin" look out of me...

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Research.  I taught myself how to do title searches and even corrected the Chief Firearms Curator at the Smithsonian and a few PhDs.  I wasn't trying to be egotistical or out for onemanship, but the curator was pissed that a nobody knew more.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the ability to break stuff on a pretty regular basis; first supervisor I ever had once told me I had the reverse midis touch (everything I touched turned to shit instead of gold)
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I know what color the Boathouse at Hereford is, and I can swim 3 miles open water, at night, any time I wish.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm a loyal husband
I think for myself
I do my own ironing

Seems inconsistent.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I invented hamburger by throwing a cow at a chain link fence.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too!  =)
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I have the ability to shut my brain off and work through intense amounts of pain
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a loyal husband
I think for myself
I do my own ironing

Seems inconsistent.

My thought exactly!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I can sleep, anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am a gentleman around women.And a man amongst men
I consistently deliver multiple earth shaking O's to the women. I'm tantric that way.
I'm a loyal husband
I think for myself
I define wisdom as the art of listening I'm a great cook and pit master
I do my own ironing

Seems inconsistent.

Haters gonna hate...

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#27]
The greatest manskill is simply to be able to learn any skill that becomes important to learn.

If I don't have it, or need to know it,  I can acquire it or learn it.

THAT is the best skill of all.

I have a broad general education in virtually all of the "handyman trades".  I can work in wood, metal, or stone,

and make anything from a house to a violin.    I can fix anything you can break.  

I can learn what I don't already know.  That's the winner.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I remain icy calm when everything around has gone to hell.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a loyal husband
I think for myself
I do my own ironing

Seems inconsistent.

My thought exactly!

Maybe it's like women living together aligning their menstrual cycles? His wife's O-moments are so strong that the neighboring women get second-hand climaxes?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The greatest manskill is simply to be able to learn any skill that becomes important to learn.

I have a broad general education in virtually all of the "handyman trades".  I can work in wood, metal, or stone,

and make anything from a house to a violin.    I can fix anything you can break.  

I can learn what I don't already know.  That's the winner.

CJ

Actually, this defines me, also.

I am not afraid to learn any useful skill.

My favorite skills that I had to learn on my own are:

Working on Jeeps, trucks and cars.  Particularly Jeeps and older Toyota LandCruisers.

I can make a psychotically killer ( and long lasting ) convex edge on my knives.  THAT took time to learn.

Land Nav skills are something that I have been working on for ages.  I doubt I'll ever finish learning.  It's a GREAT hobby.

Gunsmithing.  I don't mean just slapping an AR together from parts, I mean fitting, timing, finishing, bedding, etc.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I am a God loving Father and Husband

brazilian Jiu jitsu - fighting on the ground.  would not trade it for gold.

beekeeper

gardener

orchard manager

lawyer (I know, this detracts from the man skills)
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#32]
To fix my Jeep on the side of the interstate, in the rain, with nothing but duct tape, zip ties, and basic hand tools. Twice.

I wasn't happy after doing it, and nearly shat myself quite a few times when a wall of water hit me from the passing truckers, but I survived mostly in part thanks to Marlboro Lights and lots of swear words
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I can fart the theme song to Jaws.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I can carry a lighter into the woods and make enough light for everyone else to look for flints and stuff.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I can land an L1011, a B727 and a B737 800....................but not at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I remain icy calm when everything around has gone to hell.

Yeah, I simply do not panic, ever.

Pisses my wife off.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I can take apart almost anything and rebuild it properly or find the problem.

However, the trigger pack from my FN TPS was a nightmare that took me a little while to get back right.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a loyal husband
I think for myself
I do my own ironing

Seems inconsistent.

My thought exactly!

It's ARFCOM GD, the bullshit flows like a river in GD.  Some folks create an alternate reality for themselves on the interweb.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I just see solutions. Can't always implement the damned solution. No drama, just solutions. It mainly comes from a general lack of empathy.
Good god is it maddening for the wife, but man it feels good to not get sidetracked over shit.
It has served me well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I have made a living working on trains, planes, and automobiles, add in some assorted heavy equipment (Empire, Komatsu, John Deer, Euclid)
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I can learn what I don't already know.  That's the winner

CJ

Something like this. Raised by a single mother and figured out young if I wanted to do the things that interested me I would have to figure it out on my own. Not afraid to ask for advice or direction. Fear is something I detest. If I am afraid of something it becomes an obsession until I at least try it. A "Yoga Strength" class has been a recent example. Very nervous at first, not a problem now. I keep up pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Taught my daughter to shoot.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I can feed my family on what I kill or grow.  If I don't know how to do something I will research until I learn.  I am a good husband.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top