Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 3:49:06 PM EDT

Pardon if this was posted , I don't buy that rag ,just saw the story on CNN.

www.time.com/time/covers/1101031215/story.html

IMHO , the Editor in Chief of Time should
get a free trip to Guantanamo until he has his
"reporters" reveal the names and locations
of these "resistance fighters"
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm. I didn't register so I don't know how it ends.

Hopefully in one of two ways: the reporter leaves behind a little GPS tranny and the hadjis get incinerated or the reporter gets a fuckin' blanket party and shipped back across the atlantic on a raft made outta 1/2doz rusty tin cans.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course, the CIA is not permitted to pose as journalists under any circumstances, so the idea that we could do what your suggesting (an idea that's so obvious we should be embarrassed we can't use it) is, unfortunately, moot.

I wonder if a plane was going over and one of these raghead POS's took out a redeye, would the American reporter stand idly by or maybe grow a pair and try to stop it? Sure it would cost him his life, but would he do what the guys in the plane are doing for HIM?

I hate journalists. They rank right above lawyers and politicians in my book.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Many years ago, I used to subscribe to Time.  I decided to shitcan them when they, like most of the rest of American print media veered far left.  This is NO surprise.  Newsweek is the same kind of liberal rag.  Screw them both.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
FIRE MISSION!!!!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
They have been doing this for a long time.

I had to write about my opinion of the articles in time for my English comp class this semester, and I got rather steamed about the way the portray the war in Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Many years ago, I used to subscribe to Time.  I decided to shitcan them when they, like most of the rest of American print media veered far left.  This is NO surprise.  Newsweek is the same kind of liberal rag.  Screw them both.
View Quote

The news media are so far left, that when people say they believe in the 2nd Amend, we are label extremists, but if you ask a typical person on the street "do you have the right to bear?" Many people would answer "yes" to this question. So who is too far to one extreme?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I am writing from Iraq.

I am in the town of Tikrit and for the last 7 month have had the pleasure of knowing a few of times reporter. One a photographer and the other a writer. They are frequent guest at or location. These two gentelmen have done many write up on the unit and the men in the unit. I have read most if not all of these write ups. When they show back up they bring us free copies of the articals and photos. The photographer burns copies of the pictures he takes for us and lets us use his phone to call home.

They have done a few behind the line trips and I have seen some of the photos of bad guys that they have meet. I did not ask and he did not tell. They have a job just like I do. Every body here knows that the repoters are meeting with and taking pictures of they bad guys. I do not know if the higher ups are geting intel or not from these reporters. Maybe they are or maybe they are not. Dont know. Not all reporters and photographers are scum some of them have done a damned fine jod on reporting the war. Some of you will not like what I have had to say but from my point of view from Tikrit the reporters and photographers from Time have done a very outstanding job.

From Tikrit "OUT"
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
time is a total bastard pos magazine, how could they betray the us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top