Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2001 7:00:35 PM EDT
Lately I've been lusting for a bolt gun in .308win. The rub is, as always, I'm left-handed.
With the exception of Remington, who makes a 9 pound varmint .308 LH, about the only manufacturer that makes a 7-71\2 pound left-hand hunter in .308win is Savage.

So I just found out that Tikka makes one, but I don't know much about them except they're part of Sako.

Can anyone recommend Tikka? Impressions, thoughts, value?
Also, does anyone know of an online store that stocks Tikka?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
We stock 'em and used to say Remington was the most accurate out of the box rifle, We know say Tikka.  Can't go wrong with them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can anyone recommend Tikka? Impressions, thoughts, value?
View Quote
My experience is that Tikka makes good rifles, but I think the person you really should ask is our resident Finn - Tuukka.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't Tikka owned buy Sako who is owned by Beretta which owns Benelli and Franchi? something like that....
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By the bricklayer:
Isn't Tikka owned buy Sako who is owned by Beretta which owns Benelli and Franchi? something like that....
View Quote

Don't forget Stoeger
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's Finnish, it's good. I want a Sako, myself.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
One will NEVER go wrong when buying a new Sako or Tikka. The Tikka rifle packages we have sighted this year seem to be better than ever, they have been under MOA rifles ALL. And those are the light weight barrel hunting versions. We sold 3 rifle packages just last week, the Stainless Syntetic ones. The only Tikka available in left hand action is the basic Master model, excellent rifle. The Tikka´s sell better here, atleast here in Eastern Finland, it is over 150$ cheaper than Sako models and many just want a weapon for rough use. The Sako more expensive but it has the 3 lug bolt, the trigger guard and mag are metal and generally is more good looking and better finished.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top