Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:34:01 PM EDT

My entire family has been put on Tamiflu as a precaution because my daughter tested positive for H1N1 today...

Medication was 130.00 for 10 pills x's 3....I was able to get the medicine for everyone but myself..So pray for me!

Normally, I would have great medical insurance but since I attempted to be a hero by losing my job for
protecting the elderly from abuse and neglect from the lowest scum of the earth by turning them in to the Board of Health,DEA,local
police,the Governor's office...You name it! And I get the boot for being a whistle-blower...

I have never been this low in my life, mentally,emotionally,financially....You name it!...I AM TIRED of Life(as it is)!
Everything we have is just about to be cut off and we are about to be evicted...When I say low..I mean low...

We have been living off our preps for about 4 months now and as far as foods and drink we are OK...We do not use food stamps
and we wont...

Yesterday, The electric power board fried my PC from screwing with the power.... so I had to go into debt with a family member because we HAVE to have a PC because it is how my wife makes her living...

I am on unemployment and actively searching for a job but even the job market in nursing is slower than I have ever seen it...

My son and wife have an autoimmune disease and when they get sick it is always "Life Threatening" ..A few months ago my wife was
in the hospital after being exposed to a Strep infection my daughter had...She never developed strep but it almost killed her,Seriously!

My son at the same time was in and out of Children's Hospital with Mycoplasma Pneumonia just from being exposed...

These two are in a pickle with their health and the "Swine Flu's" Lethality will be tested,Undoubtedly!

I know there are those who pray here. So, If you guys can offer up some words to the Almighty, It will be greatly appreciated.

I need supernatural intervention for my family!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You need some cash, Ill pitch in.
Send me a paypal addy.

ETA:
Prayer was automatic.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]

get ready for the shits!

we took our 3.5 yr old off tamiflu becuase she freaking got sicker, shitting,puking, and had no idea who or where teh fuck she was by day 2 of using that crap.

with in 24 hours she was back to normal 3 yr old status......

eta: read the rest of the post.

prayers in bound!!!

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
everyone in my family and business got it 2 weeks ago. one of our P/T workers goes to TU, tested positive and quarantined in her dorm. but not after she had infected all the others here.

no one ever got bad. just minor flu like symtoms.
except for me. i was healthy. i blame that on the gunpowder residue.

BTW.
prayers are out for your family.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope you get  well and your family.

I wouldnt scalf at food stamps, your tax dollars pay for those and youve earned them, dont be too proud to take what is rightfully so. You need to feed the family, at any cost.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Hang in there man.

Best of health to you and your family.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Prayers sent to you and your family. Take care brother
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I had swine flu and the tamiflue was the worst part for me. I had confusion and inability to focus. I had to stop it. My swine flu symptoms were mild and only lasted 3 days.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Son (7) went to the docs about an hour ago came down with a 104 degree fever this afternoon. Got Tamiflu. Wife isn't even home yet. Have to go to the hospital to get the test for swine flu, according to the doc.

I'm worried, his twin sister always gets sick when he does, she got a prescription as well. We will see what happens.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I am sick right now, left work early yesterday and took today off.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent for a positive outcome for both the health and the financial situations.  Have you explored all possible avenues regarding whistleblower protection and remedies?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent.  Sounds like you really need them.

Good luck and be strong.

Edit to say there is no shame in food stamps or other social help.  That is why it's there.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Prayers sent.  Sounds like you really need them.

Good luck and be strong.

Edit to say there is no shame in food stamps or other social help.  That is why it's there.

YES!!! THIS!!!

You have paid into it with your taxes unlike the lowlifes who think its "owed" to them . I would rather you and your family get some of my tax dollars than some "lowlife never worked a day in his or her life sucking on the gub-mint tit parasite"
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm prayin for you man.  "I have never seen the righteous forsaken, or their children begging for bread."
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Prayers sent.

Get the help of food stamps.....It should be used as a safety net.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Prayers sent for a positive outcome for both the health and the financial situations.  Have you explored all possible avenues regarding whistleblower protection and remedies?

I have put that behind me and moved on....I did what I could and it was a hard time doing what was right by those old people...

Some of them were dear friends..I met some of the greatest people in my life..There was a thread about some of them..

Probably the greatest woman I ever met was a patient at the facility who was an Army Nurse THERE Dec 7th during the Pearl Harbor attack and saved 4 Officers winning the Bronze Star.

Another, A Marine, who was shot down 3 times out of a chopper within the first 4 months during his first tour in Vietnam..He went on to do 2 more tours...

Then there was a Marine officer who lost his left eye on Iwo Jima,went to a field hospital where he met his wife, A Navy Nurse, who I went ballistic on the entire facility because there was a nurse (my supervisor) who stole her pain meds after she had R Total Hip...

They did everything to ruin me and threatened to go after my nurse license...I fought them hard and I still have my license..

It was a rough time..I finally got approved for unemployment after the State interviewed me in a months long process...

It wore my family out and I am glad that part is over...But it seems that it is going to be a while before things are "Normal" again..
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Prayers inbound.

Get the foodstamps.  You've paid for them by being a productive member of society, and there's nothing wrong with using them temporarily.  Not in this economy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Prayers inbound.

Get the foodstamps.  You've paid for them by being a productive member of society, and there's nothing wrong with using them temporarily.  Not in this economy.

It takes quite a while for the application to be approved, by that time I'd probably have a job.  If I even qualified.  I don't have 10 illegitimate kids and I am not an illegal immigrant.  I was going to go to ACORN, but it was going to cost me $120 to join.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I've got it.  The sore throat started in the morning Friday.  It was worse this morning, and I have a cough, headache, and my muscles are stiff  

Too bad, I really needed to be at work this week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:03:19 PM EDT
[#21]
krpind led me to it and it worked just as promised, take 2000 units of Vitamin D. Knocked it right out of me, well whatever I was getting. I had beginning flu symptoms.

Oh and I did some heavy dosages of B12 as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Oh and move to PA my wife just graduated this spring and got a job at a nursing home for 35 bucks an hour and they need people.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Praying for you and family.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My entire family has been put on Tamiflu as a precaution because my daughter tested positive for H1N1 today...

Medication was 130.00 for 10 pills x's 3....I was able to get the medicine for everyone but myself..So pray for me!

Normally, I would have great medical insurance but since I attempted to be a hero by losing my job for
protecting the elderly from abuse and neglect from the lowest scum of the earth by turning them in to the Board of Health,DEA,local
police,the Governor's office...You name it! And I get the boot for being a whistle-blower...

I have never been this low in my life, mentally,emotionally,financially....You name it!...I AM TIRED of Life(as it is)!
Everything we have is just about to be cut off and we are about to be evicted...When I say low..I mean low...

We have been living off our preps for about 4 months now and as far as foods and drink we are OK...We do not use food stamps
and we wont...

Seriously. Collect your tax return. There's no shame in reclaiming what's rightfully yours.

And prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Heavenly Father, physician of our souls and bodies, Who have sent Your only-begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ to heal every sickness and infirmity, visit and heal also Your servants, here now, and our loved ones, from all physical and spiritual ailments through the grace of Your Christ. Grant us, we pray, patience in this sickness, strength of body and spirit, and recovery of health. Lord, You have taught us through Your word to pray for each other that we may be healed.  We pray, heal Your servants and grant to us the gift of complete health, for You are the source of all healing.  Unto You, God Almighty, we give all thanks and praise.  Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, one God in both worlds, unto the Aeon of Aeons.  Amin!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Don't be too proud to use food stamps, WIC, or whatever other program is out there. Our tax dollars go to those programs to help people who need it.

It's the lazy hood rats and white trash that continually abuse it for years that give it a bad name.

I suggest you use it, you paid for it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Prayers for ya.

Things around here have been a bit off too.   Girlfriend and I are sleeping about 1.5 to 2x the normal amount of hours we normally do.  We're both the 'Sick?  Shit I never get sick' type and the only time either one of us just out of the blue starts sleeping 10-16 hours is when we're fighting off something bad.   No real fevers yet, just muscle soreness and a fuckton of sleep.    A few times I would've taken off of work, but they don't give me sick time, vacation, or anything like that.   Meh, I hate working for headhunter organizations.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hang in there man.

Best of health to you and your family.

This.  Prayers inbound.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Prayers going out partner.   Hang in there, you know it will get better.  The food stamp money was taken from your labor in the first place, so take some back if possible.

See if you can find a lawyer to take your case on a contingent basis.  One of the lawyers here will know if that's possible for a whistle blower case.  Maybe it will be so open and shut that the lawyer will front you some bucks.  There are whistle blower protections written in law as I understand it.  By shinning light on the wrongs they are guilty of, you could accomplish a lot for those who need help.  Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Done.

Tell me again why you are not now set for life after the lawsuit?  Tennessee Whistleblower Protection Act  I'm willing to bet that your hospital receives state and federal funding... bet there is a case there.  

and we wont...

you paid into the system for food stamps... might as well get some of YOUR money back while you can.  You might also want to see what the churches in your area offer - not just YOUR church, but try other denominations, as well. St. Vincent De Paul Society does some good work for Catholics.  

Yesterday, The electric power board fried my PC from screwing with the power.... so I had to go into debt with a family member because we HAVE to have a PC because it is how my wife makes her living...

I am on unemployment and actively searching for a job but even the job market in nursing is slower than I have ever seen it...

I have heard that the requirement for nurses is through the roof?  Perhaps another location (temporarily work away from your family) would be better?

My son and wife have an autoimmune disease and when they get sick it is always "Life Threatening" ..A few months ago my wife was
in the hospital after being exposed to a Strep infection my daughter had...She never developed strep but it almost killed her,Seriously!

My son at the same time was in and out of Children's Hospital with Mycoplasma Pneumonia just from being exposed...

These two are in a pickle with their health and the "Swine Flu's" Lethality will be tested,Undoubtedly!

I know there are those who pray here. So, If you guys can offer up some words to the Almighty, It will be greatly appreciated.

I need supernatural intervention for my family!

Prayers sent.  Spend some time in prayer, and then some time at the gym to clear your mind.  Take a step back and try to see God's voice speaking to you in this situation.  He has a plan for you and your family.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#31]
you will be alright, its not that bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top