Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 7:29:26 AM EDT
cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050828%2F0343880769.htm&sc=1107
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - An Iranian daredevil died while attempting to break the world record for jumping over buses on a motorcycle, state television reported Saturday.

Javad Palizbanian, 44, was trying to leap over 22 buses parked side-by-side when his motorbike came down on the 13th bus, the report said. He died instantly.

State TV broadcast the start of Palizbanian's attempt in Azadi Sports stadium Friday, but then cut away when the accident occurred.

``The crash scene was too disturbing to show publicly,'' the newscaster said.

Minutes beforehand, Palizbanian had told an audience of hundreds: ``I am going to break the world record and do something for my country to be proud of.''

Palizbanian was well known in Iran for his motorbike stunts. Last month, he roared his bike over a river more than 50 yards wide.

I want video of Abdul Knievel!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
he missed by 9 busses!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]

You wonder, at what point in the jump this dingdong realized he had scewed the pooch.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
 I wonder what "not even close man" is in Farsi?  

Have you seen this one?  Sand Diving
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
At least EVEL would make it over all the buses.  He would just mess up the landings.  How can you miss by 9 buses?  Hopefully their aim will be just as off when they attack us again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Will he get his 13 virgins?   I am not familiar with their religious life after death stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top