Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2001 3:57:23 PM EDT
My wife and I went into the town today and went by the gun shop that gives me the most laughs for insane prices and retarded advice. I've heard everything from "lugers use makarov ammo" to "this ruger p89 is used by spec ops".  

I noticed in their stack of 10 ar's that usually run around $1800 for a post ban armalite, in the back row was an ar with telestock and flash hider. Here's how the dialog went:

Me: "hey, how much for the preban ar15"

bubba: "that there preban is $900"

Me: (i'm thinking this isn't bad for a bushmaster preban that is very clean) "have you verified it's a preban"

bubba's co-worker:  "you have to be a police officer to own this preban, it's got a FLASH HIDER and COLAPSIBLE STOCK"

me: "as long as it's a preban anyone can have these features on their rifle" (as I'm checking it over to see if it's full auto or something)

bubba: "this is a preban made last year for LEO only"

Me: [rolleyes][stick]

I checked out this weapon from one end to the other and nothing showed a LEO only stamp on the reciever, are LEO rifles stamped with any identifying marks, this one was a single shot m-4. The dealer is not a class 3 dealer, can they still order police rifles with the evil features without the class 3 paperwork. These guys where acting like if I would show them a badge I could just purchase it with my own money and be on my way. I am thinking that they took the rifle in on trade and figured out that it was a post-ban reciever with the tele stock and flash hider. Any ideas??

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Cross-check the serial number with the appropriate lists.  If it truly a preban you can buy it with the evil features.  If the serial numbers don't place it in the right time frame then it's a post ban.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Idaho, I can say that I have owned both Colt and Bushmaster LEO rifles. Both were clearly stamped as such on the lower reciever in big bold lettering. Says " Restricted/ Law Enforcement / Government Use Only". The other Bushmasters I have seen that were LEO were ALL marked in this manner. There are regs that say they have to be marked that way. I am thinking it was a post ban with evil feautures it wasn't suppossed to have, or maybe a preban and they don't know any better. (hard to believe). LEOs just can't take a post ban lower and manufacture their own preban just because they want to, as it would not be registered as a postban LEO restricted weapon. When in dount get the serial# and call Bushmaster. [^]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
... Watch it. I fell ass backwards into something quite similiar a few years ago. It was a beautiful Colt A3 Model 6721 with all the goodies.
However, after checking S/N's I found it to be made just after 9/94.
Unfortunately, only 134 of these babies made it under the wire and command about $2500 now. [:(!][:(!][:(!]
These guys (FFL's) are always seen on the circuits around here. He became real nervous once I pulled a hardcopy of affects S/N's and he removed the weapon from his display. Today, still, I'm convinced he knew of it's history and was simply trying to dump it onto some unsuspecting soul.
The whole mess stinks to high Hell.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
my local dealer orders and sells  LEO only weaponry all the time ( for cops only of course)

I don't know about bushmaster but every colt post-ban AR-15 LEO rifle hes let me look at has
a [b]"for military or law enforcement only"[/b] stamp on the lower receiver.

I would assume bushmaster does something similar on their LEO only weaponry
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My Bushmaster M-4, collapsible stock, phantom flash suppressor, has "for millitary or law enforcement only" on the lower receiver as well as do the 30 rnd mags. Just for info. What shop is that? I want to make sure I dont go there. They sound smart.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#6]
arcop, this is none other than Blue Lakes Sporting Goods (we call them screw lakes) in Twin Falls.  Where are you located?

idaho-ar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top