Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2006 11:48:05 AM EDT
I bought this quad from a friends neighbor for 150.00. The lady bought it for her kid, but started shaking violently she said and just wanted rid of it.I figure it is worth 150.00. I am going in and cutting those two pieces out and welding different motor mounts. The metal is real soft and the(2) motor mount bolts are not a grade 8 variety. All were stripped and bent.

I guess this is what we can expect when the china-mobiles start hitting our shores.

Didn't some other arfcommer go and buy a china go cart and the front wheels fall off test riding in Az. somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Just wait till they start building their own nuclear submarines!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't get too excited. The metal in the motor case is just as soft and will wear out very quickly. Most of the ATV shops won't even consider working on the Chinamart ATVs. They are really disposable.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Silly Chinese Making good motorcycles is for Japan and the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They have a whole industry just to make shit steel for the export consumer market.

They save the chromium and colbalt for their military and allies. Zimbabwe and South Africa sell them minerals, so they get the good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
What you expect for 150.00 ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Makes me glad I drive a German car.   hehehe
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
i bought a new 90cc dirt bike at a local auction for 250.shock busted its rod,just snapped off.pos its gonna be a hard tail trailer park special till it blows up.mine also makes some nasty internal noises at high rpm.pos
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I am gonna laugh my ass off when they try to launch their aircraft carrier.

I figure it will be so problematic it will spend more time in port and being repaired than at sea.  Sorta like the French one was for a long time.
As for nuclear sub?  

Nope.

Chinese might beat us but not with military might.  They are killing us now.  We are selling them America but at a time.  I stopped buying anything I find labled made in China.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

<cough> UK and Germany <cough>
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i think he meant Japan the Uk , Germany, and Italy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quality control is an alien concept to those commie-capitslist dogs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Hard not to buy china junk even when you are not tyring to expecialy on line.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#15]

The ORIGINAL.....Chinese Junk.

Junks were developed during the Han dynasty, which spanned from 220 BC to 200 AD.

So you can literally say that the Chinese have been making JUNK for over 2000 years now.

CJ
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

doubt they cost that new as I have seen for 500 and up atparking lot swap meets and street corners.

I welded the mounts back on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

i agree. y'all need to shut the f*ck up and realize you get what you paid for. i'm sick of whining f*ckers paying bottom dollar expecting top products.

i know all of you who complain also shop at wal-mart, so spare the rest of us the "chinese make crap" hypocrite sh*t. if not for those commie f*ckers you and all your kin would be naked and and hungry.

my advice: just fix that piece of sh*t that you could afford and be happy no one died.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#18]

They have a whole industry just to make shit steel for the export consumer market.

And they're screwing GM with it.  The engine in the new Chevrolet Cobalts at work didn't even make it 300 miles.  The guy at the dealership stripped several bolts and broke a couple while trying to get the head and oil pan off of it.  That took ten hours of labor.  They found metal in the oil and the cylinders are deeply scratched so the engine is ruined.  I do not understand why GM would screw over their customers by buying engines from China.  Quality now with cars is so important that it doesn't make sense to assemble a car with low quality parts much less a low quality engine.z
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Who, you are telling me that GM uses engines made in CHINA? I did not know that. Where can I find more info on that?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Where is this info GM is importing engines from China?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

U.K.????  Home of Lucas, inventor of the electric dark?.    In that case the India built new Enfields deserve a place on the list.  They even leak oil like a real Britbike should from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The Cobalt and the Equinox V-6s are made in China.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

And they're screwing GM with it.  The engine in the new Chevrolet Cobalts at work didn't even make it 300 miles.  The guy at the dealership stripped several bolts and broke a couple while trying to get the head and oil pan off of it.  That took ten hours of labor.  They found metal in the oil and the cylinders are deeply scratched so the engine is ruined.  I do not understand why GM would screw over their customers by buying engines from China.  Quality now with cars is so important that it doesn't make sense to assemble a car with low quality parts much less a low quality engine.z

I almost cried until I remembered that I only buy GOOD AMERICAN cars, like Toyota.   Screw GM and the other scum that dont know how to make a good product or serve American consumers best.  May they rot and die!   Oh wait, they ARE!  

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

BS!   THe engines in the Cobalt come from Europe.    THey are in fact built like a brick shithouse.   Every pile has a lemon.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0UDO/is_3_16/ai_93954922
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i agree. y'all need to shut the f*ck up and realize you get what you paid for. i'm sick of whining f*ckers paying bottom dollar expecting top products.

i know all of you who complain also shop at wal-mart, so spare the rest of us the "chinese make crap" hypocrite sh*t. if not for those commie f*ckers you and all your kin would be naked and and hungry.

my advice: just fix that piece of sh*t that you could afford and be happy no one died.

hi. can we be friends?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I think China can put out quality when they really want to. They make some pretty good AKs after all.

I think they purposely made sub-standard crap for the American market because people will buy on price instead of quality.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#28]
IF GM starts to import engines from China I wont be buying any GM automobiles any time soon.  If you want to buy civilian clothing or cheap toys for the kiddies than China crap will work, but when you NEED something to work you don't want it to be from China.

Some times if you're lucky you'll get some decent stuff out of China, but it is always a gamble because of their piss poor quality control.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#29]
they're filling a niche....people that live in trailer parks want ATVs too, ya know. That and trampolines. They seem to like trampolines for some reason. And above-ground pools.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#30]
do you have pics of the whole quad?
for some reason im irritated at only seeing the busted motor mounts
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#31]

The State Dept.'s Economic and Trade Commission reports that China, in accordance with the WTO, will lower taxes on auto parts and accessories to 10% from 25% over five years. This is one reason the U.S. auto industry is stepping up operations in China. For example, General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. are urging their suppliers to either match the price of components made in China or build manufacturing facilities there. GM claims its purchases of Chinese parts will hit $10 billion in as little as three to five years. Last year, GM spent $1.1 billion on parts from that country. Not to be outdone, Ford claims it will hit the 10-billion mark by 2010. The company's 2002 purchases of Chinese parts totaled less than $100 million. Parts made by Chinese suppliers include sensors, actuators, door locks, seats, air bags, brake assemblies, engine blocks and heads, batteries, and piston rings.

However, the process of manufacturing parts in China is not exactly a turn-it-on-and-go proposition. Reports of outdated manufacturing equipment and lack of experience in mass-producing parts may cost automakers more than they expect. One source reports this is such a concern that Ford is building receiving centers in the U.S. just to check part quality from China. Another maker of motor parts explains the difficulties this way: Though the Chinese are by and large smart and committed workers, quality problems there don't get resolved quickly. The reason is that old hierarchical management beliefs from the days of communism are still ingrained. So those who spot problems during production don't raise their hands. They wait for bosses to tell them what to do.

www.machinedesign.com/ASP/strArticleID/56324/strSite/MDSite/viewSelectedArticle.asp

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Daimler-Chrysler is also negotiating to have a compact car built by "Chery" in China.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Everytime I think of goods made from China, I think of all the stripped bolts and screws I've come across over the years.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#34]
More chinese crap

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I swear America will buy the noose that it hangs itself with from China
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
GM has a bunch of plants in China some make parts some make sub-assemblies etc They also have plants in south-central america and europe So do the other manufacturers. But GM, Ford., Chrysler have headquaters here so they are "American" car manufacturers. All toyota needs to do is buy a HQ building in Lansing MI then.
That being said, the Chineese Crap may be Crap but its better than the really crappy crap they put out just a few years ago and they are learning and getting better all the time. DO you really think they produced all those chips for intel and all the home electronics they have cranked out lately without learning what makes them tick?? They are doing R&D for thier military at our expense. WE are china's "star wars" program.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Just wait till they start building their own nuclear submarines!

That sounds like a problem that will more or less take care of itself.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Only if China makes the noose cheaper than Mexico!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Got a ChinaMade atv for the kids xmas. Fucking POS leaks gas from the carb, brand new. See my help thread in the cars section.

Ug.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#40]
and you silly round eyes buy them.
HAHAHAHAHA, the plan is working
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm real surprised.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Got a ChinaMade atv for the kids xmas. Fucking POS leaks gas from the carb, brand new. See my help thread in the cars section.

Ug.

what was the manufacturer?

boroeeon, kamzuzu or yamotoa
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#43]
i live in a trailer park,u got a problem with that?i own an 07 nissan maxima,98 gmc 3/4 ton 4x4,05 kawi zx10r,03 kawi ex250,05 yamaha ttr90 bumped to 110cc,and 1 chinese 90cc dirt dog.are you implying that bacause i live in a trailer that i'm poor?wtf i would rather live here than make house pymts for the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DING, DING, we have a winner!

As long as the Italian brand you're thinking is NOT Cagiva, Gilera, or Aeromacchi...

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Seems most the stuff you try and buy is a POS made in China by Mexicans
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like something I would post on my troll account if I had a troll account.  Stop reading my thoughts!

/getting an extra layer of tinfoil now........
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
we were out in Arizona about a month ago at my MIL's house and we took the quad out for some 4 wheelin' fun.

Front right wheel just popped off the frame... that was a nightmare. It was just my bride and her mom on it and thank heavens nothing happened to them but all they did was run over a big rock.

You would think that it would have held better.

Take a photo and send it to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.  Write a letter and describe any injuries.  They will force the importer to do a recall.  

If you say or do nothing, you allow someone else to get injured or killed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I think you mean Japan and Europe
(Just kidding HD owners)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top