Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 3:02:31 PM EDT
I'm studying to for my A+ certification and I came across this question on a practice test

You have been trying to troubleshoot a user's system all day when it suddenly becomes clear the data is irretrievably lost. Upon informing the customer if this, he becomes so angy that he shoves you againts the wall. What should you do?

A) Shove the user back, only a litter harder than he shoved you.
B) Shove the user backm only a little eaiser than he shoved you.
C) Try to calm the user down, and leave the site if you cannot
D) Yell for everyone in the area to come quickly

They need to change the choices to:
D)Yell you are in fear for your personal saftey and life
E) Draw Down
F) Both D and E

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yell, "I don't know you!  Don't take my purse!" and then kick him square in the nuts.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh come on, like "Draw down" wasn't the first thing that came to your mind when you read the question.  And you people call your self Arfcom members.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
e) Hit yourself in the eye, rip your shirt, yell for police and then call an attorney.

Watch guy shit himself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I took A+ but it was about 9 years ago, and it was VERY different.  

I'm going with "Draw Down".
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Enough of my customers know I am a gun nut to be laying hands upon me and I am not a puny computer geek either.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Before you tell him the data is lost you sit him at the keyboard and tell him to log on and fuss about while he does pretending to be busy with something. When he is logged on say "But not before typing in 'command line xyz'" or you will lose all your data permantly.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the real answer should be....

at the begining of EVERY service...... mr customer.. have you backed up everything you need off of your amchine. there is always a chance something may be lost.

whatever their answer is you DO NOT PROCEED until they tell you to do it. the burden is now on them for their system and data.

Great advice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
the real answer should be....

at the begining of EVERY service...... mr customer.. have you backed up everything you need off of your amchine. there is always a chance something may be lost.

whatever their answer is you DO NOT PROCEED until they tell you to do it. the burden is now on them for their system and data.

I think the question was more along the lines that the hard drive failed and your trying to fix it. Not that the tech caused the data lost.

I'm still going with answer E.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top