Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/7/2004 1:49:05 PM EDT
----- Original Message -----
Subject: This Man is Our President

All: In case anyone is wondering, I checked the following story in
Truthorfiction.com. This story is true. Here is the Link and below is
the story: www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/vincent.htm  Please read this incredible story and please pass it on.

Subject: This man is our President

Bruce Vincent is the Executive Director of Provider Pals, a nation-wide
urban/rural youth exchange program based in Montana. He was the
recipient of a Preserve America Presidential Award, presented to him by the
President in the White House. This is his account of an extraordinary moment between
him and President Bush that occurred at the end of the presentation. I
invite you to send this on to friends who may benefit from knowing the kind of
man America is blessed with to have as her President.

Stepping into the Oval Office, each of us [the awardees] was introduced
to the President and Mrs. Bush. We shook hands, received our awards with
photo op and participated in informal conversation.

He and the First Lady were asked about the impact of the Presidency on
their marriage and, with an arm casually wrapped around Laura, he said that
he thought the place may be hard on weak marriages but that it had the
ability to make strong marriages even stronger and that he was blessed with
a strong one.

He noted that it would be a mistake to come to the Oval Office and
entertain a mission to find yourself. He said that with all of the pressures
and responsibilities that go with the job, you'd best know who you are when
you put your nameplate on the desk in the Oval Office. He said he knows who
he is and now America has had four years to learn about who he is.

When we departed the room, I said to him, "Mr. President, I know you to
be a man of strong faith and have a favor to ask you." As he shook my hand
he looked me in the eye and said, "Just name it."

I told him that my step-Mom was at that moment in a hospital in
Kalispell, Montana, having a tumor removed from her skull, and it would mean
a great deal to me if he would consider adding her to his prayers that day. He
grabbed me by the arm and took me back toward his desk as he said, "So
that's it. I could tell that something is weighing heavy on your heart
today. I could see it in your eyes. This explains it." From the top
drawer of his desk he retrieved a pen and a note card with his seal on it
and asked, "How do you spell her name?" He then jotted a note to her while
discussing the importance of family and the strength of prayer.

When he handed me the card, he asked about the surgery and the
prognosis. I told him we were hoping that it is not a recurrence of an
earlier cancer and that if it is they can get it all with this surgery. He said, "If it's
okay with you, we'll take care of the prayer right now. Would you pray with
me?" I told him yes and he turned to the staff that remained in the office
and hand motioned the folks to step back or leave. He said, "Bruce and I
would like some private time for a prayer."

As they left he turned back to me and took my hands in his. I was
prepared to do a traditional prayer stance -- standing with each other with
heads bowed. Instead, he reached for my head with his right hand and pulling
gently forward, he placed my head on his shoulder.  With his left arm on
my mid-back, he pulled me to him in a prayerful embrace. He started to pray
softly. I started to cry.

He continued his prayer for Loretta and for God's perfect will to be
done. I cried some more. My body shook a bit as I cried and he just held
tighter. He closed by asking God's blessing on Loretta and the family during
the coming months. I stepped away from our embrace, wiped my eyes, swiped at the
tears I'd left on his shoulder, and looked into the eyes of our President. I
thanked him as best I could and told him that my family and I would
continue praying for him and his.

As I write this account down and reflect upon what it means, I have to
tell you that all I really know is that his simple act left me humbled and
believing. I so hoped that the man I thought him to be was the man that
he is. I know that our nation needs man such as this in the Oval Office.
George W. Bush is the real deal. I've read Internet stories about the
President praying with troops in hospitals and other such uplifting accounts. Each
time I've read them, I hoped them to be true and not an Internet
perpetuated myth.

This one, I know to be true. I was there. He is real.  He has a pile of
incredible stuff on his plate each day -- and yet he is tuned in so well
to the here and now that he 'sensed' something heavy on my heart. He took
time out of his life to care, to share, and to seek God's blessing for my
family in a simple man-to-man, father-to-father, son-to-son,
husband-to-husband, Christian-to-Christian prayerful embrace.

He's not what I had hoped he would be. He is, in fact, so very, very
much more.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What's really sad is that some people, even here, will consider W a loser, or a fanatic, or a fool for doing that.

Fortunately, they aren't the ones he needs to impress.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not a religious person at all, but for some reason, knowing that my President is rooted in faith is somehow comforting.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
w
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#5]
btt - I can't believe you guys let this one slip to the back with only 3 or 4 replies. What, too much to read??? It's worth it. C'mon. This tells more about GW the man than anything else that I have ever read.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
God bless America, and God bless George W. Bush.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Very few men deserve to be President.

George W. Bush is one of them.

Eric The(Proud)Hun

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#8]
AFter all the indignities suffered upon the office of the presidency by some former occupants, this choked me up.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]
This just continues to support the decision I will make come voting time.  For an individual who has much greater issues to contend with everyday, all day, to take the time to hold out a hand and make a personal prayer for the average american tells me that he is truely a leader of people.

W!!!!!!

+1

M590man
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Despite what the media labels President Bush; he is the best President that we've had in the last 12 years.

God bless the man, and may he guide us another 4 years.

/No mater your political beliefs- vote this year. If you don't then you can't bitch about the outcome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Men of faith founded this country, men of faith need to lead it
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Bizzar.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Bizzar.

Spoken like one who truly doesn't understand what he is reading.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Despite what the media labels President Bush; he is the best President that we've had in the last 12  16 years.

God bless the man, and may he guide us another 4 years.

/No mater your political beliefs- vote this year. If you don't then you can't bitch about the outcome.

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]
tagged.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#16]
HAIL TO THE CHIEF BABY!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Much more refreshing than the guy skull fucking his interns in the bathroom.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Hes got my vote, and did have it this time last year, but he has it now.  I was going to write in Ron Paul.  If he is truely a Christian he has my whole hearted vote if for no other reason than that.

Kentlik

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#19]
+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hes got my vote, and did have it this time last year, but he has it now.  I was going to write in Ron Paul.  If he is truely a Christian he has my whole hearted vote if for no other reason than that.

Kentlik

That's the worst reason ever to vote for someone.  That's fine if you appreciate his faith, but what about voting for someone based on issues (i.e., foreign policy, education, economy, etc.).  What happened to "seperation of church and state"?  I'm not saying don't vote for GW, but at least if you do, vote for him based on something other than the simple fact that he has the same faith as you.  

By the way, this is in no way a flame towards our president, I think what he did in the story was a very kind and loving thing to do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think anyone should vote for someone solely because of their faith. I believe that a person of faith shares many of my values of family, freedom, and moral right. Those are the reasons I vote the way I do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

That's the worst reason ever to vote for someone.  .

Wrong.  The worst reason to vote for someone is that they have nice hair or 'feel your pain'.  Yes I am specifically attacking women that vote with their vagina.  Lots do.  Imagine if men only voted for female candidates based on their breast size.  That is exactly how half of the women in this country vote.  I had one at work tell me that she wasn't going to vote for algore because he didn't have the 'charisma' that clin-turd had.  In other words al didn't excite her like bill did.  Sad but true.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kentlik

That's the worst reason ever to vote for someone.  That's fine if you appreciate his faith, but what about voting for someone based on issues (i.e., foreign policy, education, economy, etc.).  What happened to "seperation of church and state"?  I'm not saying don't vote for GW, but at least if you do, vote for him based on something other than the simple fact that he has the same faith as you.  

By the way, this is in no way a flame towards our president, I think what he did in the story was a very kind and loving thing to do.

I belive it's not a vote for him because he's also a Christian... but BECAUSE he's a christian he can be trusted upon to make moral and correct decisions (as I believe he has for the past 4 years) The religion isn't the reason- it makes the reasons...

-Roth
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Dubya was already getting my vote. This is just one more of a MILLION reasons why.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I am now more proud than ever before to cast my vote for President Bush again in November 2004.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What's really sad is that some people, even here, will consider W a loser, or a fanatic, or a fool for doing that.

Fortunately, they aren't the ones he needs to impress.....

I'm an agnostic and found this impressive.  Impressive enough to post about it a few weeks ago in fact.

DUPE  

jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=278158
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I think so too Eric,  I was just funning him :)

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Good post. Thanks thompsondd.

Quoted:
What happened to "seperation of church and state"?

What happened to it? It became the single most improperly-interpreted, wrongly-applied and overly-used one-line personal comment ever made to eclipse the clear wording of the US Constitution:
" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"... 'free exercise' even by the President of the United States.

A single sentence written in a private correspondance should never be the basis for Constitutional interpretation.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I am a big fan of the "wall of seperation" but I don't think a president being outspoken about his religion is a problem.

Hell we've had a Deist President attend Christian services every sunday.  If TJ didn't have a problem with it, i'm not gonna bitch too much myself.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bizzar.

Spoken like one who truly doesn't understand what he is reading.

Or knows how to spell.

One more reason for me to like GWB.

SG
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#32]
thats an awesome story....    W04!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#33]
This is the first time that I have seen this thread and I want to thank you for sharing it with us.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#34]
WOW!!!    W IS THE MAN!   In fact he is a REAL man, unlike his pathetic counterpart!   Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice post.

While I'm not a Christian (I'm not currently believing any religion in general) but it is good to know that the current POTUS has such quality. I think this further proves Bush is just a better man than sKerry is.

Oh yes... Interstate W across the America in 04'
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Good post. Thanks thompsondd.

Quoted:

What happened to it? It became the single most improperly-interpreted, wrongly-applied and overly-used one-line personal comment ever made to eclipse the clear wording of the US Constitution:
" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"... 'free exercise' even by the President of the United States.

A single sentence written in a private correspondance should never be the basis for Constitutional interpretation.

I think you may be under the impression that I have a problem with the President's faith.  I don't, I think it's fine.  I do have a problem though with religion being a determining factor in the choice for president.  As I said, I think it was a great thing that the President did for that man.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#37]
It's not a question of President Bush's faith. It's his compassion that impresses me. Thank you for relating that story.

Adrian
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I am now more proud than ever before to cast my vote for President Bush again in November 2004.

+1
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It's not a question of President Bush's faith. It's his compassion that impresses me. Thank you for relating that story.

Adrian

and CHARCTER too. Something that was lacking in the oval office for the prior 8 years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#40]
seems as ingrained as religion has become in politics and taking others ( non followers or the religious BS ) freedoms by law.

It's high time for all the churches to pay up some taxes like the rest of us.

religion either pays up, or gets the hell outta politics. Sweet.

good story on Bush, but he's a "born again" Christian. Been many of those that come out of prison only to hide their sins better from society. Do you "trust" them too?
crap like this the god squaders eat it up like a crack whore who found a free bag.

Looks like we're headed for our own "religious theocracy" to me in this country, and it's not much better than the mulahs in the middle east pulling strings.

"save me jeebus".. Homer Simpson

Chris

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#41]
ahhhhhh, a photo/story op is great at any time LOL

compassion my eye.

Karl is smiling.

Chris

Quoted:

Adrian

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]

A marvelous thing is happening in Afghanistan. Freedom is powerful. Think about a society in which young girls couldn't go to school and their mothers were whipped in the public square. And today, they're holding a presidential election.

The first person to vote in the presidential election, three years after the Taliban ruled that country with such barbarism, was a 19-year-old woman, an Afghan refugee, who fled her homeland during the civil war. Here's what she said: "I cannot explain my feelings, just how happy I am. I would never have thought I would be able to vote in this election." She's voting in this election because the United States of America believes that freedom is the Almighty God's gift to each man and woman in this world. And today is an appropriate day for Americans to remember and thank the men and women of our Armed Forces who liberated Afghanistan.

The people of Australia voted today, as well. And I want to congratulate my good friend, Prime Minister John Howard, who won a great victory.

www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/10-09-2004/0002270533&EDATE=

But remember, it might go all to hell and be plagued by terrorist violence, so dont give up hope, Kerry  supporters!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
In no way religious myself, but that is impressive.  Bush is a good man.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
AFter all the indignities suffered upon the office of the presidency by some former occupants, this choked me up.

I agree...   it choked me up as well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow, that got me all misty........

President Bush rocks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
seems as ingrained as religion has become in politics and taking others ( non followers or the religious BS ) freedoms by law.

It's high time for all the churches to pay up some taxes like the rest of us.

religion either pays up, or gets the hell outta politics. Sweet.

good story on Bush, but he's a "born again" Christian. Been many of those that come out of prison only to hide their sins better from society. Do you "trust" them too?
crap like this the god squaders eat it up like a crack whore who found a free bag.

Looks like we're headed for our own "religious theocracy" to me in this country, and it's not much better than the mulahs in the middle east pulling strings.

"save me jeebus".. Homer Simpson

Chris

You are a real piece of work.  I would comment, but I would probably be banned. Besides, it would  degrade the class of the original subject,  much as your post already did.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

compassion my eye.

Karl is smiling.

Chris

OK, enough is enough. There is a msg waiting for you in the Pit if you are man enough!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

compassion my eye.

Karl is smiling.

Chris

OK, enough is enough. There is a msg waiting for you in the Pit if you are man enough!

Aw hell yeah...it's ON!

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It's a myth that the Kool-Aid drinkers like to recite as fact. Many I've talked to even believe it says as much in the Constitution!

If you can point me to the article in Constitution that states this I'll have a sip myself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The seperation of Church and State is only writen in one Constitution.  And that's the former USSR's.  We all know how well that one turned out...

Semper Fi
Shooter

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top