Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:42:15 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4515079

Read the first post and check the links. Dont read the rest of the thread before you comment here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
no need to click un Duh

White people find

Black boy loots

Although from 2 different news outlets, this is a clear example of bias.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x4515079 Heh

Donailin  (1000+ posts)      Tue Aug-30-05 06:38 PM
Response to Original message
14. beyond shameful
the racism in this country is breathtaking. My neighbor is a racist. It comes out when she drinks. I deplore it when she does it and I tell her so --- I have actually said "that's completely racists, what you just said" and she backpeddles yada yada, I'm not a racist.

This is the whole problem with this country. Michael Moore was right in Bowling for Columbine. This is a sick and twisted culture here.

eta: sorry, I thought you said DO read the rest of thread before posting here...........
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It does appear more than a little biased doesn't it.  

I am curious though as to who wrote the captions and what else they observed (assuming the caption writer was even there) prior to writing the captions that was not depicted in the photos.  For example, the circumstances involved in the acquisition of the items in question.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]

That's enough of your trolling - take it back to the pit.   |~82ndAbn  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]

You have to love the left.  Major disaster, thousands dead, New Orleans in ruins, total societal breakdown, looting, killing, raping, disease - basically the worst parts of the Bible come to life, and these people are all offended at WORDS which might, possibly, if you look at them sideways, be construed as racism.

They don't even know what reality IS, much less where to find it.    
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]
One image and caption is from AFP/Getty Images.  Chris Graythen apparently.

One image and caption is from Associated Press. Dave Martin apparently.

The two photographers (or the editors I guess) posted captions.  One telling the truth (looting) the other glossing over the crime.  There is no racism visible unless you're going looking for it.

The only point the DUh poster seems to be pointing out is that he/she lacks basic reading skills.  ED- And after reading many of the responses I can't seem to find many DUmmys picking up on it either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You have to love the left.  Major disaster, thousands dead, New Orleans in ruins, total societal breakdown, looting, killing, raping, disease - basically the worst parts of the Bible come to life, and these people are all offended at WORDS which might, possibly, if you look at them sideways, be construed as racism.

They don't even know what reality IS, much less where to find it.    

He does have a point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top