Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:07:45 PM EDT
So, ladies...tell me what your favorite drink (alcohol) is?

ME?  With meals I like wine.  White in the summer (a nice crisp chardonnay or Pinot Grigio), and a red so dark it bites back in the fall and winter (I love a good deep cabernet).

When I'm drinking with friends or socially, I love vodka.  Martinis (my girlfriends and I are constantly experimenting), absolut and cranberry, and Vodka Tonic.

All my faves.  Don't drink beer except if that's all that's on the menu.

Oh, and I LOVE margaritas!  And I love hard cider (but the carbs don't love me...)

and you???

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Until I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago, a nice cold beer was all I needed. I miss those days sometimes. And no I wasn't a lush or a drunk, I got pregnant and haven't had any since.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Until I quit drinking a little over 3 years ago, a nice cold beer was all I needed. I miss those days sometimes. And no I wasn't a lush or a drunk, I got pregnant and haven't had any since.

Well, you had the baby, right?  Or are you secretly an elephant with a gestation period of 3 years?

lol. kidding...it's a personal choice. don't mean to sound harsh.  Hope you're not offended.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Strawberry Margaritas, Captain Morgan & Coke, or Lemon Drops......Is it Friday yet?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Strawberry Margaritas, Captain Morgan & Coke, or Lemon Drops......Is it Friday yet?

um, does it have to be?

It's Thursday!  We must celebrate.  Thursday only comes once a week, after all.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

um, does it have to be?

It's Thursday!  We must celebrate.  Thursday only comes once a week, after all.

Certainly doesn't have to be, but would be nice!!  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I like a dark cabernet or merlot about anytime.  If I'm up for Whiskey I'll drink scotch or knob creek.  Scotch with a touch of soda water, knob creek on the rocks.    Patty
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like a dark cabernet or merlot about anytime.  If I'm up for Whiskey I'll drink scotch or knob creek.  Scotch with a touch of soda water, knob creek on the rocks.    Patty

yikes, Patty!  Never figured you for a whiskey girl.  That's some hard core stuff!

I tried it the other day, went straight up to my blonde roots!

yikes!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yikes, Patty!  Never figured you for a whiskey girl.  That's some hard core stuff!

I tried it the other day, went straight up to my blonde roots!

yikes!

lol!  Mind you I can't drink much whiskey or I'll be dancing naked on the table tops!  But with zero calories to speak of after turning 40 it became an acquired taste!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#9]
BEER

though i am becoming more adventurous in my old age--at the arfcom 4th of July camp n shoot i had shots of what everyone else was having  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BEER

though i am becoming more adventurous in my old age--at the arfcom 4th of July camp n shoot i had shots of what everyone else was having  

You Hussy, you, DC!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, you had the baby, right?  Or are you secretly an elephant with a gestation period of 3 years?

lol. kidding...it's a personal choice. don't mean to sound harsh.  Hope you're not offended.

not offended at all. I just never made it to the liqour store to buy more.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
BEER

There was liquor there?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Beer:   Sheiner Bock, Warsteiner.
Wine:   Liebfraumilch, Cabernet, Merlot and willing to experiment with more
Liquor: Marguerita strong on the Sauza Gold tequilla, but haven't had any of that in a long, long time.  

BTW, I'm  light weight; don't drink often, so I'm sure there are better things out there yet to be tried.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So, ladies...tell me what your favorite drink (alcohol) is?

ME?  With meals I like wine.  White in the summer (a nice crisp chardonnay or Pinot Grigio), and a red so dark it bites back in the fall and winter (I love a good deep cabernet).

When I'm drinking with friends or socially, I love vodka.  Martinis (my girlfriends and I are constantly experimenting), absolut and cranberry, and Vodka Tonic.

All my faves.  Don't drink beer except if that's all that's on the menu.

Oh, and I LOVE margaritas!  And I love hard cider (but the carbs don't love me...)

and you???

Wine: not a conoissuer by any means, but I do like Port and Honeyed Meade
Vodka: yes
Beer: no...but will drink Corona or Sam's Lite when I have to
Vodka: Yes
Martinis: I like the imposters...the ones made with Vodka...not the Gin ones
Vodka: YES
Margartitas: Like 'em all...any flavor...Tortilla Flats on Providence's East side makes kick-ass ones!
Vodka: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tequila: Herradora, Sauza Silver...and once only once did I swallow the Mezcal worm: like the poet says: with Tequila, comes visions...........

All that said lemme offer this bit of poetry:

Not drunk is he
who from the floor
can still arise
and drink some more.
But drunk is he
who prostrate lies,
without the power,
to drink or rise.

Bourbon Street was brought to you today by the makers of Advil and the letter "V" (for Vodka)

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#15]
#1 Beer
#2 Wine
#3 Everthing else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top