Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/26/2018 4:55:23 PM EDT
Hello,
I'm thinking of getting a battery grip for my d7200. Price is right at BH for the Vello package.

I have my rear AE button programmed for focus. How does the battery grip deal with this situation?

thank you
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 5:25:21 PM EDT
I have a Vello BG-N11 grip for my D7200, which I bought for $72 a couple of years ago.

So the $59.95 price from B&H or Amazon sounds pretty good.

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions, since I haven't actually used it yet (!)
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:08:12 PM EDT
The Nikon grip can be programmed to do back-button focus. I can't speak to the aftermarket grip.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:27:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:01:56 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zack3g:
This. I prefer the factory ones. I have seen way too many issues with aftermarket ones. I had one with a short in it that I'm lucky didn't kill the whole camera.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zack3g:
Originally Posted By soncorn:
The Nikon grip can be programmed to do back-button focus. I can't speak to the aftermarket grip.
This. I prefer the factory ones. I have seen way too many issues with aftermarket ones. I had one with a short in it that I'm lucky didn't kill the whole camera.
Same here. OEM only for me. Personally after having one on my D7200, I don't think I'll have a camera without a grip again unless I have to. Balances a lot better with bigger lenses and much longer battery life.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:10:14 PM EDT
I have a factory one for my d500. I pretty much just use it for the extra battery.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:47:51 PM EDT
You have dissuaded me in purchasing an after market grip. Maybe i'll just get a spare battery and carry it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:14:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AHSGA:
You have dissuaded me in purchasing an after market grip. Maybe i'll just get a spare battery and carry it.
View Quote
I have a aftermarket one and it works just fine and was dirt cheap
Top Top