Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2018 4:55:23 PM EDT
Hello,
I'm thinking of getting a battery grip for my d7200.  Price is right at BH for the Vello package.

I have my rear AE button programmed for focus.  How does the battery grip deal with this situation?

thank you
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Vello BG-N11 grip for my D7200, which I bought for $72 a couple of years ago.

So the $59.95 price from B&H or Amazon sounds pretty good.

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions, since I haven't actually used it yet (!)
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The Nikon grip can be programmed to do back-button focus.  I can't speak to the aftermarket grip.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This. I prefer the factory ones. I have seen way too many issues with aftermarket ones. I had one with a short in it that I'm lucky didn't kill the whole camera.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Nikon grip can be programmed to do back-button focus.  I can't speak to the aftermarket grip.
This. I prefer the factory ones. I have seen way too many issues with aftermarket ones. I had one with a short in it that I'm lucky didn't kill the whole camera.
Same here.  OEM only for me.  Personally after having one on my D7200, I don't think I'll have a camera without a grip again unless I have to.  Balances a lot better with bigger lenses and much longer battery life.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a factory one for my d500. I pretty much just use it for the extra battery.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
You have dissuaded me in purchasing an after market grip.  Maybe i'll just get a spare battery and carry it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You have dissuaded me in purchasing an after market grip.  Maybe i'll just get a spare battery and carry it.
View Quote
I have a aftermarket one and it works just fine and was dirt cheap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top