Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:53:43 AM EDT
Despite being asked to use the word "part" a member here sent me a paypal payment using the word trigger. Repeatedly.

Is paypal going to kill my account over this?  My first inclination is to just refund the payment.  I already had PP kill an account over a HK91 scope & mount, which is not a restricted item according to their TOS (neither is trigger) but there is no appeal process wih them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Machined parts.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I loved Roy Rogers' horse.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Just say it was for Database PLSQL code you wrote for him that uses Oracle Triggers to update legacy Tables.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
(facepalm)

Why would you ever need to put anything firearm related into a PP transaction description? It's not as if the payment descriptor will allow you some kind of proveable documentation if there's a dispute.  If that happens, since it's firearms-related, you're screwed with PP's dispute resolution service anyway. Your only recourse is through the EE, or whatever website or auction site you used, or the local police if they're interested in non-payers/non-senders of small Internet transactions.

And yes, PP will close an account for saying "trigger"

And IMO PP isn't really that anti-gun, just hugey invested in their CYA mentality. They're living in fear the next "Columbine Kids" will put together "fully-semi-automatic assult pump shotguns" from "parts" bought over the internet and have 60 Minutes and 20/20 camped out in their corporate eBay lobby demanding an interview.

They don't really care if you use PP for firearms, parts, or accessories. They just want plausible deniability for themselves.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#5]
You can buy all the paintball gun parts you want with paypal. Triggers, barrels, grips, bolts, sears, bolt retaining pins, etc. How they know the difference is beyond me, and likely beyond them as well. I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can buy all the paintball gun parts you want with paypal. Triggers, barrels, grips, bolts, sears, bolt retaining pins, etc. How they know the difference is beyond me, and likely beyond them as well. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, I just checked ebay and that is the case, so I'm going to hope that they don't killl it and accept the payment. i already emailed the buyer and let him know I was not amused.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
(facepalm)

Why would you ever need to put anything firearm related into a PP transaction description? It's not as if the payment descriptor will allow you some kind of proveable documentation if there's a dispute.  If that happens, since it's firearms-related, you're screwed with PP's dispute resolution service anyway. Your only recourse is through the EE, or whatever website or auction site you used, or the local police if they're interested in non-payers/non-senders of small Internet transactions.

And yes, PP will close an account for saying "trigger"

And IMO PP isn't really that anti-gun, just hugey invested in their CYA mentality. They're living in fear the next "Columbine Kids" will put together "fully-semi-automatic assult pump shotguns" from "parts" bought over the internet and have 60 Minutes and 20/20 camped out in their corporate eBay lobby demanding an interview.

They don't really care if you use PP for firearms, parts, or accessories. They just want plausible deniability for themselves.

Big +1 !

Like any true capitalist venture their primary purpose is to make money. You'd think "conservatives" here would respect that.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
No. Just don't make a habbit of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top