Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:36:01 PM EDT

Those, my friends, are my wife's Bacon Apple Cheddar Sandwiches. You'll note in the second picture some of the "bacon flavoring" glistening on the plate. I am going to provide the particulars in an effort to share my favorite apple season food with all of you.

1lb. of bacon
about 5 to 6 apples (it depends on the size)
bread
brown sugar
cinnamon
cheddar cheese

Split the 1lb. of bacon into two pans (I prefer cast iron) and cook to your liking. Keep the bacon grease in the pans after cooking the bacon. Slice all your apples into thin slices. Saute the apples (divided evenly between the two pans) in the left over bacon grease. Add about 1 to 1 1/2  table spoons of brown sugar and a few shakes of cinnamon to each pan of sauteing apples. Saute until the apples look like apple pie filling. While you apples are cooking, toast some bread just enough to make the bread firm but not brown. Now layer the open faced sandwiches as follows;

Toast on the bottom
Bacon, covering the bread as best as possible
Apples
Graded cheddar cheese

Now put them back in the toaster oven or regular oven to melt the cheese. While you're waiting, make a commitment to yourself that you will not make these again for at least a week, no matter how good they are.
Let the cheese melt, eat and say dang that shit is good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Pic fail.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Insert Ray Charles "I can't see !@#$" picture...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

What a disappointment
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
In before the pics...

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Apples and bacon?  

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Pic fail but that sounds pretty effin sweet.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds down right YUMMY!

Need pics of the greatness tho.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
The pictures are up. I'm a tard. I linked the pictures out of an e-mail so they showed up in my preview.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#10]
almost perfect.......needs to be on a fat slice of white homemade bread.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
That sounds damn tasty, I'll have to try that this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya know if you use applewood smoked bacon you could eliminate the whole apple thing and have more bacon and less apple.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Tasty looking.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#14]
A local apple orchard has hooked my friends and I on JonaGold apples. My wife and I go up and pick as many as we think we can eat or make things with within 5 to 6 weeks. There is Apple Pie, Apple Cake, Apple Bread and my favorite, Apple Bacon Cheddar Sandwiches. Man those things are good. Be careful now folks. ONE of those sandwiches could make Wilford Brimley's ticker stop on dime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top