Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem with a lot of these discussions is people confuse greatest with the best. And even more often confuse greatest with favorite. I like the Beretta 92. But it is not a game changer. It combined the operating system of the Walther P 38 with the high capacity and general layout of the browning hi power. It innovated nothing. It brought nothing new to the table. It certainly didn’t change pistol design. It follow in the footsteps of the Browning hi power, but just happened to incorporate the operating system of the Walther P 38. Same goes for the CZ 75. It’s an excellent pistol. Probably the best of the pre Glock pistols, but it was not a game changer. It didn’t spawn a whole generation of CZ 75 clones.  You could even say it’s just a really nice browning hi power with a different slide frame interface. I know that’s not exactly accurate but it’s not far off base either.
View Quote

Cz 75 clones:
Jericho
EAA Witness
Tangfolio
Sphinx
Canucks
Sar
Ratnik
And a bunch more from all over the world.

The P35 was a revolutionary concept. But the mechanism sucks. I really wanted to like it.

I'm not sure the CZ goes on the top 3 list of great SA pistols either. It's probably close.

Give it 20 years and I bet the Alien will have made a mark. Considerable innovation.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My list does not include the Walther PP because it is a civilian/law enforcement only pistol not chambered for a full power around and it was an evolution airy dead end
View Quote

You underestimate the prevalence of the PP in military use in Germany in WW2.  It was the standard military pistol for officers, pilots, and other military personnel needing a pistol but not necessarily front-line combat.  Germany also insisted on using 7.65mm (32ACP) because of penetration.  It is a particularly robust design.  I will agree it didn't "evolve" directly into anything else, but it cemented the role of the pocket pistol for generations to come.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cz 75 clones:
Jericho
EAA Witness
Tangfolio
Sphinx
Canucks
Sar
Ratnik
And a bunch more from all over the world.

The P35 was a revolutionary concept. But the mechanism sucks. I really wanted to like it.

I'm not sure the CZ goes on the top 3 list of great SA pistols either. It's probably close.

Give it 20 years and I bet the Alien will have made a mark. Considerable innovation.
View Quote

I’m not saying no one ever copy to CZ. But they are just that. Copies of the CZ. The Glock inspired a whole new generation of pistols. And virtually every pistol manufacturer has a pistol that follows the Glock template.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
lol, rated as troll.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I am 99% with OP on his thoughts and observations.

Great posting OP!

And have all 4 including the Sig 365
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I will agree it didn't "evolve" directly into anything else, but it cemented the role of the pocket pistol for generations to come.  

View Quote

Oh but it did.  PP spawned several successful copies from companies like SIG, Manuhurin, and Bersa, as well as the the Makarov and a crapload of variants from Combloc countries, including the CZ82/83, which is arguably the pinnacle of blowback handgun development.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sorry, the Colt 1900 (still a JMB design), not the Browning 1900.
View Quote

Gotcha.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Speaking in reference to the USA the S&W 59.
It did a lot to legitimize the effectiveness of the double stack double action auto for combat/ defensive use.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh but it did.  PP spawned several successful copies from companies like SIG, Manuhurin, and Bersa, as well as the the Makarov and a crapload of variants from Combloc countries, including the CZ82/83, which is arguably the pinnacle of blowback handgun development.
View Quote

Also, it was the impetus for Mauser to produce the HSc in competition, which is a superior design in many ways.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm not saying no one ever copy to CZ. But they are just that. Copies of the CZ. The Glock inspired a whole new generation of pistols. And virtually every pistol manufacturer has a pistol that follows the Glock template.

View Quote
Technically, glock followed H&K's template, they just executed the design better.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Canucks

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#12]
The alien is a cool design. Kind of takes the P7 operating concept and and improves on it’s very few shortcomings.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Walther PP should be up there somewhere , first semi auto that introduced DA/SA  combined with a decocker. Beretta still uses the basic layout to this day.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Speaking in reference to the USA the S&W 59.
It did a lot to legitimize the effectiveness of the double stack double action auto for combat/ defensive use.
View Quote
Agreed.

Good list though OP
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#15]
The Sig is put at #4 would be the P220.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#16]
What about a Markov? Walther PP/PPK?

Lugers are cool.

I agree w/ the Beretta 92.

Sig 226.

Ruger Mark series. Not the 22/45.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Number 4 is Beretta 92. Then it's Indian MIM 365.
View Quote

Broke locking block 92?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Why stop at 3, let's look at the whole top 5:

1. Yeet Cannon
2. Zip Gun
3. Gyrojet
4. Taurus Curve
5. Springfield XD Grip Zone
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#19]
If you like a complicated design

I do need one of those
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
lol, rated as troll.
View Quote

It must be an interesting reality that you create for yourself. Everyone participating in this discussion finds a topic rather interesting whether they agree with me or not. Some people have taken issues with my list and other people have offered their own lists. There’s one person who has contributed nothing to the discussion except for stupidity and inane comments. That would be you. So if you are claiming that this is a troll post based on your participation, that’s a novel concept but I suppose it has merit. You do realize that you are under no obligation to participate in discussions at this forum, right?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It must be an interesting reality that you create for yourself. Everyone participating in this discussion finds a topic rather interesting whether they agree with me or not. Some people have taken issues with my list and other people have offered their own lists. There’s one person who has contributed nothing to the discussion except for stupidity and inane comments. That would be you. So if you are claiming that this is a troll post based on your participation, that’s a novel concept but I suppose it has merit. You do realize that you are under no obligation to participate in discussions at this forum, right?
View Quote

Just calling BS when I see it, and you're wearing those laced up troll shoes.

You can't even face the truth that Glock is a copy of something else. You won't even answer why no one calls all DA/SA a copy of the worlds first DA/SA because you knew it would hurt your narrative, even undermining it.

So ya, you're trolling.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#22]
The list is pretty good, but very limited.

It seems to me handgun designs make leaps with distinct models that typically combine a bunch of different features, then development rises slowly as those designs are improved, then peak again with some innovation and it continues. The C96 was the first to be widely produced, but you can see its lineage to the C93 and Schonberger-Laumann 1892. A more conventional look came along with the Schwarzlose 1898. JMB really made huge contributions with the 1900, then the ubiquitous 1911. The Luger, while slightly older and VERY cool, was more of a combination of the Borchardt link system in a conventional looking design, but not really ground-breaking. I'd say the P35 is the next big leap with the combination of locked breach (still used today) and a hicap mag, which was developed just before the modern -for then- P38, which itself added a DA/SA trigger already in use by the Walther PP and which predates the BHP. The P35 and Walther PP were major branches of the same tree that inspired many future designs on their own and crossed paths throughout history - I'd say those were the two most influential designs ever. The Glock -no specific model on purpose- is next, even though it came 12 years after the VP70. I believe part of the fame of the Glock come from a manufacturer with zero previous gun experience building a super reliable gun, incorporating many advances, and doing so inexpensively.

I see just about all current designs as combinations and variations of the three major designs (YMMV): the Walther PP, The Browning HiPower, and the Glock. Maybe the Walther P-99, specifically the AS, might go on the list as well or get an honorable mention.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
The Kel-Tec P11 preceded the P365 by a long time and is the same idea.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just calling BS when I see it, and you're wearing those laced up troll shoes.

You can't even face the truth that Glock is a copy of something else. You won't even answer why no one calls all DA/SA a copy of the worlds first DA/SA because you knew it would hurt your narrative, even undermining it.

So ya, you're trolling.
View Quote

Like I said, dozens of people have contributed to this discussion and likely will continue. It’s an interesting topic. One of the most recent posts described very articulately how certain models make game changing innovations and then there are smaller incremental steps from that design until the next game changer. That’s all I’m doing. I’m trying to have an adult discussion with people who have interests similar to mine. I typically learn a lot from other people who know more about this topic than I do. And then there’s one person who is contributing nothing but personal attack and trying to pick a fight over nothing. That would be you. You know, the guy who’s calling me a troll?

Anyway, you’ve made your point. You obviously have some kind of beef with me based on a prior post in a different thread. I don’t think you have any more to add so it would be nice if you would just leave this thread to the people who actually want to talk about this topic.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Kel-Tec P11 preceded the P365 by a long time and is the same idea.
View Quote

Would you really wanna get into a gun fight with a Kel-tech P 11? I’d rather have that than nothing, but that is a toe to toe back up pistol that is pretty limited in its application. The P3 65 punches above its weight. I think that the P3 65 XL is every bit as accurate And shootable as a Glock 19. I no longer have a Glock 19 but one of these days I might do a timed fire exercise to see if I’m actually faster with a larger pistol than I am with a 365 XL. So I agree that the Kel-tech came along first, but the Kel-tec didn’t start the micro compact craze. The P3 65 did so it gets to where the crown.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#26]
No Taurus or HiPoint?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#27]
#4 Wish I had one
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#28]

No Taurus or HiPoint?

Now that be trollin'!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
CZ 75
View Quote

Other than a 1911 what pistol has as many companies and countries making clones of a pistol/design as does the CZ75?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What? Yes it did. The Israelis, the Turks, etc all made/make CZ75 clones and a whole generation of competition shooter relied on those clones and subsequent refinements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem with a lot of these discussions is people confuse greatest with the best. And even more often confuse greatest with favorite. I like the Beretta 92. But it is not a game changer. It combined the operating system of the Walther P 38 with the high capacity and general layout of the browning hi power. It innovated nothing. It brought nothing new to the table. It certainly didn’t change pistol design. It follow in the footsteps of the Browning hi power, but just happened to incorporate the operating system of the Walther P 38. Same goes for the CZ 75. It’s an excellent pistol. Probably the best of the pre Glock pistols, but it was not a game changer. It didn’t spawn a whole generation of CZ 75 clones.  You could even say it’s just a really nice browning hi power with a different slide frame interface. I know that’s not exactly accurate but it’s not far off base either.

What? Yes it did. The Israelis, the Turks, etc all made/make CZ75 clones and a whole generation of competition shooter relied on those clones and subsequent refinements.

don’t know if it’s still true but at one point in the 90s the CZ75 held the title of second most copied pistol in the world. (second to the 1911)

fyi i do agree with OPs list.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]

The C96 is in no way one of the three most successful pistols of all times.  But is one of the weirdest successful ones, and I want one desperately.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I should get a Hi-power.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
First of all, greatest does not necessarily mean best. Greatest means the design had a universal impact on all other designs that came after it.

1. Colt 1911. (Duh!) this is the easiest one of all. The culmination of the hodgepodge of first generation designs all stopped here. This pistol created the template for all semi auto combat pistols that came after it, and it is the only first generation combat pistol that is still even remotely viable today.

2. Browning Hi Power. This was the original wonder nine. It’s only real competition is the Walther P 38, which beat it into service, but lacked the high capacity that is a mandatory feature of any modern pistol. The Walther P 38 lives on in the Beretta pistols and clones, but other wonder nines that came after are simply product improved high powers. The template was a dual action/single action high-capacity 9 mm pistol, most often using the browning lock up.  Sure, the CZ 75 (for example) is an excellent pistol, probably even better than the high power, but it is just another wonder nine. It didn’t change pistol design the way the Browning hi power did.

3. Glock 17. It doesn’t matter how much you hate Glocks, you have to admit that pretty much every modern pistol is just a Glock 17 copy. This pistol changed pistol design to that extent. Any modern pistol is a polymer framed high-capacity striker fired compact pistol in the template of the Glock 17. Yes there were other pistols that came before that had polymer frames and strikers, but nothing caught on the way to Glock did. And certainly nothing influenced subsequent designs the way the Glock did. I personally believe that the CZ P10 series of pistols are better than Glocks and I prefer them. But they are Glock copies.  Even the Sig/Sauer P365XL that I have tucked in my waistband right now is a Glock copy.

Honorable mention. Sig/Sauer P365. It’s not really a combat pistol but it is a fighting pistol. It is a Glock copy, but it created a whole new class of firearm. The ultra compact high capacity semi auto concealed carry pistol. This is what all of the gun manufacturers are scrambling to come out with their version of. It doesn’t radically depart from the Glock template except that it is small and concealable while still being very shootable. I could’ve included it as number four rather than honorable mention, and would have had it not followed the Glock template so closely. (Plus I wouldn’t be able to say that I don’t own any of the pistols on this list if I made it number four.)

These are the three pistol designs that shifted the global template of pistol design. Nothing else even comes close from the standpoint of influencing future designs. It’s also just my opinion, but my opinion happens to be correct.

View Quote

Meh. I can see 1 and 3. But not the hi power. It’s just too much of an evolutionary step itself for me to consider it a stand alone original. Interesting that people people want to carve out a special niche for it by calling it the first successful SA double stack 9. Well, there was nothing particularly innovative about pairing a SA trigger with a double stack magazine.

I like the BHP just fine. But I don’t see it as this innovative marvel.

Do we consider the M14 an incredibly important design in the pantheon of gun design simply because it added a double stack box magazine to an M1?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
First of all, greatest does not necessarily mean best. Greatest means the design had a universal impact on all other designs that came after it.

1. Colt 1911. (Duh!) this is the easiest one of all. The culmination of the hodgepodge of first generation designs all stopped here. This pistol created the template for all semi auto combat pistols that came after it, and it is the only first generation combat pistol that is still even remotely viable today.

2. Browning Hi Power. This was the original wonder nine. It’s only real competition is the Walther P 38, which beat it into service, but lacked the high capacity that is a mandatory feature of any modern pistol. The Walther P 38 lives on in the Beretta pistols and clones, but other wonder nines that came after are simply product improved high powers. The template was a dual action/single action high-capacity 9 mm pistol, most often using the browning lock up.  Sure, the CZ 75 (for example) is an excellent pistol, probably even better than the high power, but it is just another wonder nine. It didn’t change pistol design the way the Browning hi power did.

3. Glock 17. It doesn’t matter how much you hate Glocks, you have to admit that pretty much every modern pistol is just a Glock 17 copy. This pistol changed pistol design to that extent. Any modern pistol is a polymer framed high-capacity striker fired compact pistol in the template of the Glock 17. Yes there were other pistols that came before that had polymer frames and strikers, but nothing caught on the way to Glock did. And certainly nothing influenced subsequent designs the way the Glock did. I personally believe that the CZ P10 series of pistols are better than Glocks and I prefer them. But they are Glock copies.  Even the Sig/Sauer P365XL that I have tucked in my waistband right now is a Glock copy.

Honorable mention. Sig/Sauer P365. It’s not really a combat pistol but it is a fighting pistol. It is a Glock copy, but it created a whole new class of firearm. The ultra compact high capacity semi auto concealed carry pistol. This is what all of the gun manufacturers are scrambling to come out with their version of. It doesn’t radically depart from the Glock template except that it is small and concealable while still being very shootable. I could’ve included it as number four rather than honorable mention, and would have had it not followed the Glock template so closely. (Plus I wouldn’t be able to say that I don’t own any of the pistols on this list if I made it number four.)

These are the three pistol designs that shifted the global template of pistol design. Nothing else even comes close from the standpoint of influencing future designs. It’s also just my opinion, but my opinion happens to be correct.

View Quote

Funny.... trying to credit glock for the sig p365
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Since I'm limited to the 3 most influential on future designs:

1911 so much innovation used on the majority of pistols issued today.  Can't possibly argue against this one.

Hi Power - Not too much innovation here except for the big magazine.

CZ-75 - Nothing more than an updated Hi Power.  Where's the innovation for future pistols?

Glock - Nothing more than a cleverly arranged amalgamation of previous designs.  Everything about the Glock was done before Glock did it.

Add #2 to the list:

P-38 - The first SA/DA and a new locking system other than the Browning system that was actually used in future designs.

#3 is a little more difficult:

HK VP70 - for polymer and striker fired but if we want to go with the first striker fired pistol we come back to JMB and the FN1910.  I'm willing to entertain other innovative diesigns...

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I can’t argue against the list, but for it’s expansion.  With that, I’d add the Luger to the list.  The toggle action, while cool, was inferior to the Browning’s later design.  But, the Luger introduced a certain combination of features that live to this day - 9mm cartridge, detachable magazine in the grip with a button catch, reasonably compact size, and successfully produced/fielded in huge numbers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Glock didn't revolutionize anything with design work. The design is wholly unoriginal. The Glock was a revolution in manufacturing. Cheap, light, simple, reliable. Gaston Glock's expertise was largely in manufacturing engineering and plastic injection molding. It was greatly simplified over its predecessors, and from design start to full production took less than a year.. for a company that was making things like curtain rods beforehand. They are blocky because bar stock steel is blocky. The operating method was chosen for simplicity and component reduction. Nothing fancy.

I'll quote Glock's own webpage for that they credit their market share for:

Quoted:
GLOCK advanced manufacturing

By revolutionizing firearms production in the early 1980´s, GLOCK became the worldwide leading pistol manufacturer and brought its manufacturing process to perfection.
Every GLOCK pistol carries 100% GLOCK quality!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't know enough about pistol design to really argue, however I've always viewed the HP as a product improved 1911, not truly unique in any way.

If someone asked me what were the most influential combat pistols I would have to start by saying

Luger, the first gun to bring the form and function together in a commercially and militarily successful way. It also introduces the caliber that is still the most popular pistol caliber. HOWEVER, the design never went anywhere, so it only gets an honorable mention.

1911 as the conclusion of a series of browning designs. The tilting lock BBL is the key to so many other pistols (including the Glock)

P38 influenced many other designs with the DA/SA trigger.

Glock, for the reasons mentioned

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This thread needs more HK P7
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread needs more HK P7

This.

As much as I like the P7 and admire it for its brilliant design it didn't influence very much after it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Like I said, dozens of people have contributed to this discussion and likely will continue. It’s an interesting topic. One of the most recent posts described very articulately how certain models make game changing innovations and then there are smaller incremental steps from that design until the next game changer. That’s all I’m doing. I’m trying to have an adult discussion with people who have interests similar to mine. I typically learn a lot from other people who know more about this topic than I do. And then there’s one person who is contributing nothing but personal attack and trying to pick a fight over nothing. That would be you. You know, the guy who’s calling me a troll?

Anyway, you’ve made your point. You obviously have some kind of beef with me based on a prior post in a different thread. I don’t think you have any more to add so it would be nice if you would just leave this thread to the people who actually want to talk about this topic.
View Quote

Live in denial all you want, you can go ahead and argue using factoids instead of facts trying to rewrite firearms development history because of garbage toxic fandom revisionist crap, it's still not going to change anything despite any and all ignorant attempts.

What you're wanting is a discussion among your echo chamber, sorry not sorry but this isn't your safe space to rewrite things that fits into your false narrations. Glock is a combination of other tech that came long before it. Not the first striker. Not the first striker handgun. Not even the first striker polymer. But by calling of the things that Glock copied a Glock first that everyone else is copying Glock despite the obvious that it's untrue, is intellectual dishonesty.

Nobody calls the first every DA/SA a copy of the first DA/SA. And using that same respect, no one should be calling a striker fired handgun a Glock copy, because the world's first striker handgun was designed by Browning and manufactured by FN. But you do you though, though nothing you can say feeling based will change proven facts that turns your narrative into deliberate deception.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Since I'm limited to the 3 most influential on future designs:

1911 so much innovation used on the majority of pistols issued today.  Can't possibly argue against this one.

Hi Power - Not too much innovation here except for the big magazine.

CZ-75 - Nothing more than an updated Hi Power.  Where's the innovation for future pistols?

Glock - Nothing more than a cleverly arranged amalgamation of previous designs.  Everything about the Glock was done before Glock did it.

Add #2 to the list:

P-38 - The first SA/DA and a new locking system other than the Browning system that was actually used in future designs.

#3 is a little more difficult:

HK VP70 - for polymer and striker fired but if we want to go with the first striker fired pistol we come back to JMB and the FN1910.  I'm willing to entertain other innovative diesigns...

View Quote
^^ /thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Kinda sorta

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Time to break out the thrower of flame...High point... Well if you only have $200.00 and do not want to buy a crime pick-up special go for it... However, getting back top the list.. I agree .
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Put me down as another who agrees with OP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Saying the Glock is the greatest/best pistol would like saying the Hyundai Elantra is the greatest/best car ever made

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So:
1 Browning
2 Browning improved
3 Browning modernized improved

Kinda limited.  Sure, they're great pistols, with a great design, and the vast majority of locked breach semiauto pistols are of this Browning design, but it's only one design, really.  Another poster listed the P7, a masterpiece, but esoteric.  There are rotary breech pistols out there, Steyr GB I believe, and of course the Deagle. There are some great designs out there, not hugely successful in sales, but still great designs.
View Quote

Basically, yes. Pretty much every modern semi-auto pistol is in some way a refinement of a Browning design. Hell, even the "telescoping bolt" (slide) is a Browning invention.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#49]

A good pistol in it's day, but from an evolutionary standpoint, kind of a dead end.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I believe this is a very good post and list.

I really like how a 1911 shoots.  First time I shot one was with my Dad when I was 12.  Hit every soda can.  Too bad about round count.  Don’t own one and if I was gonna buy a .45 it would probably be a FNX Tactical.

No experience with the Hi power but I tend to agree with you about it historically making the list.

Glock 17, own one and shoot it a fair amount.  Agree it sets a pretty high standard for its genre.

Sig 365, again I agree with OP.  Amazing tiny self defense pistol.  Own a 365 xl and it is my edc.  Just started running a red dot on it.

Well thought out list.

Honorable mentions by others and me:

CZ 75 is a nice pistol. The old man has one and I’ve shot it a handful of times.  

I have a Walther PPQ in .22lr.  It is excellent.  Grip is good for my hands.  Trigger is about as good as it gets. It is very accurate.  I need it in 9mm.

I shoot my first Gen Canik TP9 SA more than any other pistol when I shoot steel for fun or for time.  I just like it.  Very cheap. A good trigger. Better than the stock trigger on the 365 or the G17 by more than a little. Doesn’t look nice but its always been reliable.
Page / 3
Top Top