Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2001 9:47:09 AM EDT
IF the Emerson decision is the 2nd is an individual right, kalifornia will either have to comply or change the state Constitution.

Kalifornia Constitution Article III, Section 1 reads:
                         The State of California is an inseparable part of the United States of America, and the United States Constitution is
                         the supreme law of the land.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Just remember, before we float them off into the Pacific we need to rescue the hot chicks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Hillary is going to change the constitution.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
There`s no hope.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone heard when they will come out with a decision for the Emerson trial?

Kyle
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Barring a total collapse of social order, Kali is FUBAR  
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
This is my personal opinion FWIW.  Boiling it all down, Kalifornia is the way it is because there are few if any  problems left to solve or control.  Everything is neat and ordered.  The residents of Kalifornia have let the interest groups and legislators solve all worries in life.  Using the classic definition, California and the Republic of Singapore are the preeminent examples of fascism.  Democratic fascism works long enough for the citizens to become materialistic and soft.  Succeeding generations then don't know what liberty is so they can't fight for it.  The slavery is completed.  There is no fight for freedom in a person if he/she knows nothing but servitude.

Teach your children well, friends.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope your right but I'm a pessimist when it comes to Kali.

SNAFU in Kali.

Hey, that would make a great bummper sticker. hehe
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Before you get too excited, read the following:

http://www.saf.org/pub/rkba/news/Spruill.htm
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
"Democratic fascism works long enough for the citizens to become materialistic and soft."

Yes, but when the Richter scale starts doing funky things, it will be time for a serious reality check.

Sooner or later...
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Even when Emerson is decided and the 2nd ammendment is re-confirmed as a individual right, they can still pass safety laws.  Worst yet is guns have an excellent safety track record for over 600 years.  This due to a free market, supply and demand.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#12]

---Democratic fascism works long enough for the citizens to become materialistic and soft. Succeeding generations then don't know what liberty is so they can't fight for it. The slavery is completed. There is no fight for freedom in a person if he/she knows nothing but servitude---

Well said...  It seems as though a significant majority of people in this country have already chosen that path.  The fall of the United States will likely be similar to that of ancient Rome:  a decadent, corrupt, decaying society crumbling under its own weight.  It pains me to say it, but I don't see it any other way.  I no longer think it will happen in one event.  The decline will be slow, almost imperceptible, except to the few who see the writing on the wall. Rifles, an ammo cache, and a case of MRE's won't prevent it.  The only thing that will will be to teach or values, culture, and tradtitions to our children in the hope that somehow these things will out live all of us.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
just remember, before we float them off into the pacivfic we need to rescue the hot chicks.
View Quote

most definetly!! especially the asian chicks [:D]

well said Bigshooter
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I do believe that the greatest concentration of (hot chicks)/(sq. mi) would be University of San Diego. I'm not kidding, these girls dress up to go to breakfast. Bad thing is that they are a bunch of pampered little bitches looking for husbands (mostly).

radioman
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
RadioMan:
Shouldn't you be studying?

Paul
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Yea we have a shot......In our ass!   But I will keep doing my part.
Link Posted: 2/12/2001 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I do believe that the greatest concentration of (hot chicks)/(sq. mi) would be University of San Diego. I'm not kidding, these girls dress up to go to breakfast. Bad thing is that they are a bunch of pampered little bitches looking for husbands (mostly).

radioman
View Quote

If they really wanted husbands, they would be cooking breakfast for a prospect and not going out. Dressing up is optional.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#19]
California law provides that conflicting provisions will be read so as to harmoize as possible, and if they cannot be read to do so, then the Federal provision will win.  Implicitly.

Werdegar intimated at some sort of a RKBA.  There will be no constitutional conflict of any proportion.

And Spruill just completely sunk all hopes of Emerson guaranteeing an unlimited RKBA, and THANK GOD FOR THAT.  An inflexible result from Emerson would probably never have made it out of the Supreme Court, and never would have survived long if it had.  Now, a liveable version might make it out and live to our benefit.
Top Top