User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:32:00 AM EDT

Or.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to have to go with Jack Bauer on this one.  He has better guns and screams every other word.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm going to have to go with Jack Bauer on this one.  He has better guns and screams every other word.

He is much more evil in his torture methods too.

Vic - Beat the crap out of them

Jack - Cut their finger off slowly and show it to them while screaming at them.  Then after he gets the info he wants...toss them off a cliff for his trouble.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Jack Bauer!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Jack has skilz.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You would scream too, if you had people shooting at you all the time (he is also probably deaf from all of the shootouts, which is another reason he probably screams)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Vic is bad-ass, but he is a crook and a cop-killer. And WTF is up with that S&W he carries ?

Jack Bauer all the way . H&K and SIG goodness, He's not a crook. <<edited for spoilers >>Jack wins
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Vic is bad-ass, but he is a crook and a cop-killer. And WTF is up with that S&W he carries ?

Jack Bauer all the way . H&K and SIG goodness, He's not a crook. ##################

Jack wins

Your going to spoil Season 1.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jack Bauer all the way . H&K and SIG goodness, He's not a crook. ##################

Jack wins

Your going to spoil Season 1.  

and season 4
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Fish from Barney Miller
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:21:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Jack Bauer, no contest. When I grow up, I wanna be Jack Bauer! Seriously though, he has been prepared to sacrifice himself and put himself in harms way for his family and country more times than you can count. It was kinda refreshing to see him get his ass kicked by his younger replacement at the beginning of Season 4 though. It shows he’s not some super human badass than can take on everybody. I want to watch Season 5 right now, but it looks like I’ll be waiting another year to watch it. 24 is my most favorite TV show ever.

Vic Mackey is a dirty cop killer that mostly only looks out for himself. Well, there was the time he saved his coked up hooker friend from being arrested after she MURDERED one of her clients. I’ve only watched a few episodes of The Shield, but the main character just didn’t do it for me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:51:31 AM EDT
[#12]
if you mean "better" as in more moral, bauer wins hands down. if you mean more effective and tougher, mackey wins hands down. jack goes into the lion's den with a marine fast unit, cobra gunships, and/or 50 cia ct guys and still half the bad guys get away. vic mackey walks into the lion's den alone and kills every muthafucka in da house!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Walker, Texas Ranger
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
if you mean "better" as in more moral, bauer wins hands down. if you mean more effective and tougher, mackey wins hands down. jack goes into the lion's den with a marine fast unit, cobra gunships, and/or 50 cia ct guys and still half the bad guys get away. vic mackey walks into the lion's den alone and kills every muthafucka in da house!

Are you watching the same show I am?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#15]
As for who is better in a fight, it would be Bauer.  He's had military training---his backstory, I believe, says he was in Delta Force---and has a shitload of government forces at his disposal (including the F18 Superhornet! ) whereas Vic Mackey has experience as a cop/gangster and limited resources on which to call.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Can't answer -- different tools for different jobs.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:55:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fish from Barney Miller

Ooooh - good call.

I voted Vick because he gets laid so much on his show - but Fish!  Fish had dignity (and he ate pot brownies on one show).
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As for who is better in a fight, it would be Bauer.  He's had military training---his backstory, I believe, says he was in Delta Force---and has a shitload of government forces at his disposal (including the F18 Superhornet! ) whereas Vic Mackey has experience as a cop/gangster and limited resources on which to call.

FX is run by Fox right?  So the shows are both owned by Fox right?

That would be an awesome crossover for Jack bauer to drop into a wherehouse with a "Tac Unit" to find Vic beating up a suspect that Jack needs.  Then they get in a scuffle over jurisdiction and Jack takes the suspect.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
FX is run by Fox right?  

Years back, on Tuesday's,  they would replay Monday night's "24" on FX right before the new "Shields" - that was cool.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be an awesome crossover for Jack bauer to drop into a wherehouse with a "Tac Unit" to find Vic beating up a suspect that Jack needs.  Then they get in a scuffle over jurisdiction and Jack takes the suspect.

I've been wishing for a 24/Shield crossover for a couple years now.  It would be fucking awesome to have Mackey's cops working with CTU on some big anti-terrorist thing in LA.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been wishing for a 24/Shield crossover for a couple years now.  It would be fucking awesome to have Mackey's cops working with CTU on some big anti-terrorist thing in LA.

Yeah.  I think everyone can agree that Jack and Vic would NOT get along.  They might gain respect for eachother, but a friendship? I don't think so.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fish from Barney Miller

Ooooh - good call.

I voted Vick because he gets laid so much on his show - but Fish!  Fish had dignity (and he ate pot brownies on one show).

Technically, they were hash brownies.

I'm with you. Fish was the man.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh please.

If it ain't a QUINN MARTIN PRODUCTION, ™ I ain't votin'!

I mean, how can you compare this:

and this:

with this??!!

I have no doubt in my mind that, had Cannon been allowd to slice off fingers, rip out fingernails, gouge out eyes, and ram soldering irons up bungholes back in the 70s, bygod he would have! But noooooooo!  Back in his day all he could rely on was his cold "Taxman" expression, his fierce mustache, his tactical girth, and his trusty "Snug Nose" .38!  Back when MEN were MEN, bygod: fat, ugly, tough as nails, and weren't afraid to do a tactical reload the old fashioned way (one round at a time so the crook had plenty of time to sweat!)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
As for who is better in a fight, it would be Bauer.  He's had military training---his backstory, I believe, says he was in Delta Force---and has a ****load of government forces at his disposal (including the F18 Superhornet! ) whereas Vic Mackey has experience as a cop/gangster and limited resources on which to call.

I read that the coming season would delve into his back-story more.

And I agree with the above 100% - voted for Jack.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#25]
They both kick ass, but I have to say Jack would win that contest.  But I rather go out drinking with Vic.  A ride along would be fun too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#26]
bump for evening
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:25:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Jack Bauer hands down.

Baddest mofo around.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:11:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree on Jack - only problem I have with him is he presents his hand gun like a "nimrod".

24 needs more/better weapons experts on their production staff and Kieffer needs a few lessons in (at least) how to hold a weapon.

Someone needs to tell him he can let go with his weak hand when he's running after badguys !!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Jack wins hands down. I like it in Season 4 when Chloey breaks the M4 out of the car and kills that terrorist scum bag!

Jack is just great. I like his methods of finding the truth.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:55:13 AM EDT
[#30]
1. Vic Mackey is a dirty, cop-killing POS.  He seems to miss a lot.  Mild case of "man-boobs".

2. Jack Bauer has girly-arms.  Holds his pistol like a fairy.  Seems to exhibit extremely poor judgement on occasion - i.e. giving up his gun.  Has demonstrated a CLEAR inability to make a hostage-shot at ranges under 10 feet on more than one occasion.  He misses a lot.

Therefore, I must vote for "Leon" from the Professional.

Sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top