Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 12:05:36 PM EDT
....will have some surpizing results.  I have a feeling that another "1994" is on the horizon.  There seems to be much energy this year and I think things will turn out in our favor BIG TIME
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hokie...I REALLY hope you are correct.  I have this gut feeling that you may be on to something.  In '94 I was still living in Kalifornistan and I actually believed the madcap media (I still watched NBC/CBS/ABC in those days.) and their perverted prognostications.  I vividly remember all the anchors being simply BLOWN AWAY...STUNNED...& HEARTBROKEN as the results rolled in.  Cracked me up!

I pray that it is the same this time.  I'll be up late!

VOTE!!!

Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The biggest worry I have is that if you are indeed correct, and the Republicans do take more control of the federal government, then nothing important or revolutionary will come out of it.

I just don't see the Republicans ever REPEALING anything. Just a bigger increase in military spending, a war with Iraq, and a "homeland" defense bill.

No laws will expire other than the AWB. We won't have any repeal of welfare, social security, medicare, environmentalism, taxes, etc. Why?

Because Republicans are chicken shits.

However, a Republican Congress would be better than the current situation now, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top