Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/4/2002 12:05:36 PM EDT
....will have some surpizing results. I have a feeling that another "1994" is on the horizon. There seems to be much energy this year and I think things will turn out in our favor BIG TIME
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:19:15 PM EDT
Hokie...I REALLY hope you are correct. I have this gut feeling that you may be on to something. In '94 I was still living in Kalifornistan and I actually believed the madcap media (I still watched NBC/CBS/ABC in those days.) and their perverted prognostications. I vividly remember all the anchors being simply BLOWN AWAY...STUNNED...& HEARTBROKEN as the results rolled in. Cracked me up! I pray that it is the same this time. I'll be up late! VOTE!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 12:44:35 PM EDT
The biggest worry I have is that if you are indeed correct, and the Republicans do take more control of the federal government, then nothing important or revolutionary will come out of it. I just don't see the Republicans ever REPEALING anything. Just a bigger increase in military spending, a war with Iraq, and a "homeland" defense bill. No laws will expire other than the AWB. We won't have any repeal of welfare, social security, medicare, environmentalism, taxes, etc. Why? Because Republicans are chicken shits. However, a Republican Congress would be better than the current situation now, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.
Top Top