Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 6:22:48 PM EDT
So this guy comes over while we're out shooting today.

Has an old .303 Enfield. Neat gun, but the mag will barely hold the rounds under the feed lips, and you have to shake the gun to get them to chamber.

He then tells us that he has a bid in online for a 20mm grenade launcher with a laser-arming system on it. It shoots HE and Phosphorous rounds.
I asked what website, and he says "Oh...well...My dealer did it for me..."
He bid 1500.00.

He then asks me if my AR was a "Modified A3"..."you know, the full auto version"

I corrected him on the A1-A4 variants, and what an M-16 was.

Then, he tells me "I didn't tell you this, but at DRMO, the military auctions off old weapons, and you can get full auto stuff for a couple hundred bucks."

Arippa was there, too. He can vouch for this dude's cluelessness.

Nice enough guy, though...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Was he a Navy SEAL?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No, actually, he claimed to be stationed in Brunswick, so prolly Navy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Did he have any beef jerky?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What about knives swords!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You know, I wanna believe that he's an ARFCOMer and he was just baiting me to see if I'd post about the stupid shit he said to me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about knives swords!

Or beanie babies!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
you gotta watch out for those laser armed grenade launchers.... you can shoot down commercial airliners and space shuttles with them..... they should be banned....... for the children
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you gotta watch out for those laser armed grenade launchers.... you can shoot down commercial airliners and space shuttles with them..... they should be banned....... for the children

No for the Pitbulls.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Please tell me you bought all his Beanie Babies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
What a moron. Dumbasses like that give us all a bad name.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
he wasnt BS'ing. Those M16's can be had on the internet here...$249.50  ...wonder if they are de-milled?

DOD DRMO, web auction here
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
he wasnt BS'ing. Those M16's can be had on the internet here...$249.50  ...wonder if they are de-milled?

You bastard.  Those M16s make me soooooooo jealous.  I wish I wasn't in Cali.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They don't sell C3 stuff to civvies. LEO agencies MAYBE, but not the peasantry.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Aw dude....what the fuck
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Most of it is obvious bullshit.  
My Department did get 100 brand new in the box m16A1's for $2,000 two years ago.
That is correct $20 each
A1 sights
Triangular handguards
Full Auto

My Department converted them to semi auto and put round handguards on them, so now the price has gone up quite a bit.  They wish they would have gotten 2 or 3 hundred now.  They were available at the time.

Maybe the olsd man knew a little bit about something.

You and me can not buy M16's from the Government for cheap but some Agencies can and have.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Most of it is obvious bullshit.  
My Department did get 100 brand new in the box m16A1's for $2,000 two years ago.
That is correct $20 each
A1 sights
Triangular handguards
Full Auto

My Department converted them to semi auto and put round handguards on them, so now the price has gone up quite a bit.  They wish they would have gotten 2 or 3 hundred now.  They were available at the time.

Maybe the olsd man knew a little bit about something.

You and me can not buy M16's from the Government for cheap but some Agencies can and have.

During the conversation, his angle was that you and me can go to DRMO and buy an M-16 for a few bills, and avoid paying $15k for a full auto weapon.

We weren't talking about LEOs.

I doubt he knew a whole hell of a lot, as he could barely get his boltgun to chamber reliably.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top