Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 4:42:48 PM EDT
The BGs are on the run, for sure. It doesn't seem like a quick retaliatory response to our war on them is going to happen, as over six months have passed now. That leaves the other possibility of them planning a big surprise for us. A surprise that will take a long time to prepare for, such as 9/11.

If they plan on a retaliatory strike against us, my guess is it will be one big one (nuke/bio-weapon) or many, many, localized situations, such as suicide bombers in airports, sports stadiums, etc.

Any guesses?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the Million Mom March won't be it! It's no longer a large gathering!

I think more attacks will come, and pretty soon. I just hope it doesn't happen where I am at the time since I want to be around to see them pounded into the sand afterward. Hey - maybe we can convince them that Berkley is a very valuable strategic target! Nah, even though I hate libs, I don't wish that on them. In any case, I think it will come from terrorists that are already in the US, with or without visas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
W.Goblin,
I can't believe there was only the attack planned.  
What we don't know is how many (if indeed any) have been detected a stopped since 9/11.

A dirty nuke (conventional explosives wrapped in nuclear waste) or a bio attack would seem the
most likely worse case scenarios.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think they hit us with their best shot. The next battle will be here amongst ourselves as we try to retain our rights in opposition to those who are only looking out "for our own good."
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I also am suprised that they only planned one attack, if they want us living in fear they need too do better than that. If there is another attack I think we are going too get serious quit this pussy foot liber shit and start racial profiling, if you were security would you pat down 80 year old ladies thats a load of crap search the people who fit the profile!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I, of course, hope it was a one time thing and is all over.  However, that is a fantasy.  They may be many things such as rats, vermin and murdering cowards; what they also are is patient!  It may be tonight or next year but more attacks are inevitable IMHO.  Something flashy and horrible is their method.  I wonder how the liberal handwringers and Arab sympathy types will behave after the next attack?  It may not be wise for those in America to continue flaunting their sympathy for the enemy.  Make no mistake about it - this is a war for our survival and most, though not all, moslems are the enemy.  At some point a no holds barred war to total defeat must come to pass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They may be many things such as rats, vermin .....
View Quote

Interestingly enough all words used by the Nazis when dehumanizing the Jews.

Also interesting words from a self professed rodent !
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking about this very thing a few weeks back.  They seem to get off 2 attacks every 10 years.  They have no real motive, nor goal if they did they wouldn't use this approach. They are just killing.  I think now with Israel fighting and the US fighting they are going to have to make a decision wheather they want Israel or the US.  Either way it doesn't matter they are done for; as long as America can do the job faster then our enemies can produce terrorists.  If we get through saddam without a hitch then we might have a chance to finish the job to the point where all that is required at never ending vigilence on our part. I don't know what is going to happen. I don't know what they are going to do. We just have to be the fastest.

Ben
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Sub Sailor I fail to understand your sympathy or should I say "aid and comfort" for the enemy.  The sub guys I have known were decent honorable soldiers who were very dedicated to America and their duty.  I respect them highly.  Are you of Arab desent or a moslem; black maybe?  Mad at Uncle Sam because of a lost promotion?  Just what IS the problem?

Interesting you use the Nazi comment so often.  The PA and most Arabs (though certainly not all) were in bed with Hitler.  They remain repressive and totalitarian; none are democratic.  Like Hitler, they have a blind hatred for Jews.  

Yes, I DO try to be insulting of them, every chance I get.  I consider them savages and not civilized or deserving of my respect.  They gave that up 9/11!  Had that cowardly act been perpetrated by Jews or Canadians I would feel the same way about them.  In all wars from the beginning of time it has been SOP to dehumanize the enemy; why is this war any different?  Are we so ate up with PC we can no longer do the things necesssary to win?  What became of "my country, right or wrong"?  What moslem or arab country comes close to what we are?  I admit we are not always right but the comparison to the creeps of the mideast are striking!  I am really sick of this sympathy for a backward people of no education, no morals, liars, thieves and murderers.  What do they have to reccomend them for inclusiuon in the human race?

As for my handle, make of it what you wish.  It was not chosen with any connection to anything and still has no real meaning to me.  Just what popped into my so-called mind when I registered and, unlike some people, I have stuck with it both here and all the other boards I go to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sub Sailor I fail to understand your sympathy or should I say "aid and comfort" for the enemy.  The sub guys I have known were decent honorable soldiers who were very dedicated to America and their duty.  I respect them highly.  Are you of Arab desent or a moslem; black maybe?  Mad at Uncle Sam because of a lost promotion?  Just what IS the problem?

Interesting you use the Nazi comment so often.  The PA and most Arabs (though certainly not all) were in bed with Hitler.  They remain repressive and totalitarian; none are democratic.  Like Hitler, they have a blind hatred for Jews.  

Yes, I DO try to be insulting of them, every chance I get.  I consider them savages and not civilized or deserving of my respect.  They gave that up 9/11!  Had that cowardly act been perpetrated by Jews or Canadians I would feel the same way about them.  In all wars from the beginning of time it has been SOP to dehumanize the enemy; why is this war any different?  Are we so ate up with PC we can no longer do the things necesssary to win?  What became of "my country, right or wrong"?  What moslem or arab country comes close to what we are?  I admit we are not always right but the comparison to the creeps of the mideast are striking!  I am really sick of this sympathy for a backward people of no education, no morals, liars, thieves and murderers.  What do they have to reccomend them for inclusiuon in the human race?

As for my handle, make of it what you wish.  It was not chosen with any connection to anything and still has no real meaning to me.  Just what popped into my so-called mind when I registered and, unlike some people, I have stuck with it both here and all the other boards I go to.
View Quote

M. Mouse,
did it ever occur to you that perhaps I simply put the interests of my country - The United States of America - ahead of all other countries ?
I do.

Except as human beings I care little about Israelis or Palestinians.  Neither Israel nor the Occupied Territories of the Palestinians are of any strategic importance to the United States.
Now Turkey and Arabia, as examples, are of tremendous importance to the U.S. in that region.

I endorse no policies that adversely affect the United States.

(Like your handle !)

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#12]
SubSailor if you are in favor of things that are in America's interests, consider this:

Israel is kicking the ass of the people who support those who attack US; who dance in the streets when our civilians are murdered.  The PA was unable or unwilling to arrest criminals and enforce law.  The Israelies are now doing it for them!

What the hell have the "palestinians" ever done for US - or anybody for that matter?

Have the Jews bombed our civilians, hijacked our planes, used fanatics to kill our citizens who were tourists in Israel?  No.  Have the moslem fanatics?  Yes.  Repeatedly.

The only value of Arabia to US is oil.  None other.  They are an evil, repressive dictatorship!  Liars to the max; certainly not our friends.  They are at the root of 9/11 - far more so than even Afghanistan.  IMHO they should be the next target even before Iraq.  Serve the US interest - confiscate their oil and let them have the desert back after it falls in the hole!   What can they do about it?  Nothing.

The price for an attack on American interests should be extremely high; even higher for an attack on our homeland.  So far no one has paid that price for the 9/11 murders.  I suggest that Afghanistan was just a start; not even a down payment.  Make SA, Syria, Iraq, Iran and the rest of there ilk pay a TRUE high price.  They will envy and hate us no matter what; teach them to fear us.  Reduce them to rubble.  Kill them in huge numbers.  Continue until they BEG for peace and surrender unconditionally.

Quite frankly, it would be no loss to the world if ALL moslems/arabs/persians disappeared.  If they attack US again, they should.  One more attack and I want my granchildren to ask, gramps, what was an arab?  Did people once live in the great wastes?  Why were they so stupid as to force America to remove them from the planet?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neither Israel nor the [red]Occupied Territories of the Palestinians[/red] are of any strategic importance to the United States.

View Quote

I think it's true there is no such thing.  The Palestinians did not have the "occupied territories" prior to the 1967 war.  That is a revisionist spin, I believe.  Where is ETH today to take care of these chores?  I am definitely not up on such things, but I am fairly sure I am correct in this.  Someone please help.
View Quote

The HUN has left the building !  (But I'm 'CERTAIN' he would agree with me !!)

The Israelis usually refer to this area as the Palestinian Territories while the Palestinians usually add "Occupied."

I am not knowingly practicing revisionist history.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The next domestic terrorist attack will occure shortly after we invade Iraq. The INS has no idea were millions of illegal aliens are in the U.S. The invasion of Iraq will be the wake up call for all of the "sleeper cells" we keep hearing about on the news.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SubSailor if you are in favor of things that are in America's interests, consider this:

Israel is kicking the ass of the people who support those who attack US; who dance in the streets when our civilians are murdered.  The PA was unable or unwilling to arrest criminals and enforce law.  The Israelies are now doing it for them!

What the hell have the "palestinians" ever done for US - or anybody for that matter?

Have the Jews bombed our civilians, hijacked our planes, used fanatics to kill our citizens who were tourists in Israel?  No.  Have the moslem fanatics?  Yes.  Repeatedly.

The only value of Arabia to US is oil.  None other.  They are an evil, repressive dictatorship!  Liars to the max; certainly not our friends.  They are at the root of 9/11 - far more so than even Afghanistan.  IMHO they should be the next target even before Iraq.  Serve the US interest - confiscate their oil and let them have the desert back after it falls in the hole!   What can they do about it?  Nothing.

The price for an attack on American interests should be extremely high; even higher for an attack on our homeland.  So far no one has paid that price for the 9/11 murders.  I suggest that Afghanistan was just a start; not even a down payment.  Make SA, Syria, Iraq, Iran and the rest of there ilk pay a TRUE high price.  They will envy and hate us no matter what; teach them to fear us.  Reduce them to rubble.  Kill them in huge numbers.  Continue until they BEG for peace and surrender unconditionally.

Quite frankly, it would be no loss to the world if ALL moslems/arabs/persians disappeared.  If they attack US again, they should.  One more attack and I want my granchildren to ask, gramps, what was an arab?  Did people once live in the great wastes?  Why were they so stupid as to force America to remove them from the planet?
View Quote

M. Mouse,

be careful as American attitudes and the attitudes of AR15.com members can change rapidly.

I posted immediately after 9/11 my belief that Saudi Arabia would be the country behind the attacks.  You should have seen the abuse from those posts.  The Saudis were our friends; you must be crazy, you must hate Arabs, etc.

I watch the news, read fairly widely, I even occasional attempt to think, to look at possible actions and the consequences of those actions.  Our present policy of "Israel Only" scares the hell out of me.  The economies of the industrialized world are extremely oil dependent.  A 10% reduction in exported production would have disastrous affects on our economy.

Only China and Russia scare me as possible adversaries.  Russia and China are the likely beneficiaries of our present middle eastern policies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#16]
And what about all the hoopla with anthrax?  What happened with that?  Is it a domestic problem, have "we" identified who is responsible, and why is there NO comment from gov.org or the press about it NOW?

[?]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
SubSailor, I'll give you credit - you can have a polite disagreement and remain rational.

Your point on changing attitudes is well taken.  The loss of public support for decisive action in retaliation for 9/11 is distressing.  Lack of balls in Washington is most troubling.  Makes me wonder if the military is as bad off as some say - or is the PC crowd like "Colon" Powell in control?

I agree that China and Russia are the only countries that are capable of being a major threat to the US.  Russia has their own moslem problem and is enjoying us trying to deal with them.  They also will benefit from reduced mid-east oil production as their reserves are vast and they desperately need the cash.  I think China is VERY patient.  They are not yet ready to directly confront us, nor will they be for a good many years.

To kiss SA ass over oil is pretty weak.  I agree a disruption would be painful but they rape us daily as it is.  A cut-off would hurt them badly and by many would be considered an act of war, inviting major military action.  At some point, war with the moslems/arabs must come to pass.  Long past preventing that.  Iraq is somewhat limited in delivery capability but definitely on track to aquire and use nukes.  Bugs and chemicals they already have.  Once they have nukes and reveal it, action will be far more costly than now.  Should they get enough and a good long range missle, I fear the PC crowd would force us to a standoff.  I prefer victory.  Anything less than total defeat and humiliation complete with unconditional surrender is FAILURE, IMHO.

The PA vs Israelie conflict seems pretty clear to me.  A bunch of ignorant, lazy trash that kills innocent civilians to get what they were offered 95% of in peace vs a society of hardworking intelligent people who have bent over backwards to accomodate the vermin.  How could the US do anything BUT support the Jews?

Anthrax - I still think this has the Bagdad Butcher's fingerprints all over it.  Not a raging success in terms of kills but very disruptive and expensive to the economy so I find it hard to call a failure.  Sad that we have been brought to this point of knowing the government would rather lie to us than tell the truth, even if the truth is easier.  The secret agendas, disinformation and cover-ups are the rule of the day.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The sub guys I have known were decent honorable soldiers who were very dedicated to America and their duty.  I respect them highly.  Are you of Arab desent or a moslem; black maybe?
View Quote
[puke]

"blacks, 'moslems' and Arabs" are now indecent and dishonorable????[pissed]

And before casting, dont forget Timothy McVeigh was NOT a brotha![thinking]

Also to follow your logic of
moslems are the enemy
View Quote
, what do we do with McVeighs buddies? Are his buddies all white guys or just those from Michigan? Or just militia members or justthose who dislike the govt???  Where do we draw the line ???
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Guys, if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that evil comes in all colors.

Now getting back on track, I would like to hope that there won't be any more attacks, but I feel that we'll be seeing at least one more attack.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#21]
A mass shooting is long overdue.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Not to sound like a suicidal son-of-a-bitch but bring it on, I can use the overtime!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't see the Bush policy as cowardly.  I think moving deliberately and slowly is prudent.  Why would you want to screw up and end up in an all out war in the middle-east when it can be avoided?

Powell is portrayed as the dove in the administration,  but what person could get any movement from Israel or Palestine?  I respect him because I think he is a decent honest person with Americas interest at heart.

As far as when do I think we are going to get attacked again? I think we are in for more attacks, but probably not for a while.    
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I for one do not think that there will be any more attacks...

Just my opinion though..

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I was under the impression the bad guys are doing everything they can to strike at U.S. interests where ever or when ever they can.  For now we're keeping most of Osamas boys heads down.  But I believe that will only last until the terrorists can regroup or we slack off.

I also assume the other terrorist organizations around the globe will talk shit, but not act on it until the idea of the United States sailing/flying to the other side of globe to chase them down seems unrealistic.

Then again, I'm just average Joe sitting behind a monitor with no desire to destroy an entire race for my god.  I simply don't know what these psychopaths are thinking/doing.  

I like to try and stay prepared, but not paranoid.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Get prepared and go on living your life. Otherwise, your brain will rot thinking about this stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#27]
 The attacks of 9/11 were the most brilliantly concieved, planned, and executed attacks on a major power ever.  It is inconceivable to me that any group capable of such attacks would have only one shot.
 We will be hit again. And again.  Whoever is behind these attacks is very patient, and is waiting until the sheeple go back to sleep...
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:38:46 AM EDT
[#28]
CavVET, you misunderstood me.  (And I can see why.)  My comment was not meant to say that blacks were "undecent" or dishonorable but rather to question SubSailor's motives.  Blacks are very often anti-gun and far too many are sympathetic to America's enemies.  Fact, not racism.  I also know honorable, patriotic, black men.  I regret that I painted them otherwise.

As for moslems and Arabs I will state clearly that I believe THEY ARE, as a group, dishonorable, liars and anything BUT decent.  I truly believe they are the enemy.  Just as there were Germans who opposed the Nazis, there are no doubt a few moslems/arabs that oppose their leaders but they sure are a quiet bunch.  There are also Christian Arabs and they are not included in my target group of liars, thieves, murders and general trash.  Not exclusively because of the different religion but rather because the perversion of Islam that has made it our enemy.  Almost every act of terrorism or regional conflict involves moslems.  Theirs is a religion of violent intolerance.  They know no other way but totalitarian government and acts of war against those around them.

As for Mcveigh I still have questions in my mind about what REALLY went on there.  Granted that the militia whackos do all seem to be white.  Not all militia people are nut jobs; those just seem to get more attention.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I think Mickey Mouse makes some pretty good points.

It's possible to talk about race without being racist.  If 83% of a certain type of crime is perpetrated by people of a certain ethnic background, that's a fact, and can be discussed.  In fact, it should be discussed openly in order to fix the problem.  We need to find out *WHY* the fact exists, and fix the problem.  If 90% (hypothetical number, for discussion's sake only!)of the Arab/muslim people in the world hate the U.S., and passively or actively support our destruction, it's OK to acknowledge that fact, and address the issue.  Does that mean that I or anyone else hate Arabs or muslims?  No!  IMHO, there is a vast idealogical/cultural gulf that divides the U.S./western world from the Arab/mid-eastern/muslim societies of the world, which probably has been exacerbated by our own ignorance and lack of involvement overthe years.  At this juncture, I believe that a reconciliation of these two cultures is probably beyond feasability, and shortly we will see the eruption of a major war in the middle east, spreading to most parts of the world before it's over.  Who's right?  Who's wrong?  I think you can find individual cases where all parties involved have made mistakes, and committed wrongdoings.  But overall, I believe that through the years, America has acted only with the desire to promote the values and freedoms which have made America great, wherever we have gone around the world.  Granted, bad decisions have been made, and there have always been and always will be individuals who seek personal gain.  But I believe most of our mistakes have been made in the honest pursuit of bettering the lives of those in other countries.  Why have the Arab peoples never coalesced into a homogeneous, unified group?  Why should we be forced to "respect" and cater to their backwards, repressive cultural traditions?  Yes, there are good things to be gleaned from every culture, but the Arabs certainly don't seem interested (generally) in gleaning *ANYTHING* of value from us . . . except our $$$$!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I think we will definitely be seeing more attacks on U.S. soil.  As far as when, I have absolutely no idea.  The patience of a terrorist is one of his most dangerous aspects.

I also believe that we will see another civil war in this country in our lifetime.

300thMIBde,

Very well said.  I completely agree, but I also think it is time for us to stop giving the $$$ to these ass backward third world countries who do nothing but breed and hate the United States.

Biggun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top