Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 4:09:37 AM EDT
At least in PA and NJ

Is that without the concerted campaign in heavily minority areas to generate voter turnout, the Democrats have a great deal of trouble winning statewide elections.

In PA, even the papers that ignore the reality of the state's eelctoral makeup are having trouble putting the liberal spin on the results.  They're leading with stories about how democrats swept the Philly elections, ignoring the fact that despite the 6-1 registration advantage that Democrats have in the city, no candidate won by that much, and that in some races, like the PA Supreme court judgeships, the lack of turnout in the city meant that Republican candidates won the stateside seats by a large margin.

There's many more examples if you care to look, but my overall favorite statistic of the day is that Gov Corzine of NJ has spent $130 million of his own money over the course of his (now dead) 9 year political career to get elected.  That means he paid $14.5 million per year for his job (from which he has now been fired).
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
BHO isn't really paying attention to any of that.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Corzine losing was BIG IMHO.  (From all I've been reading lately he was really a horrible governor.)

Anyone from NJ care to comment on Corzine's tenure as governor.  Was he as totally worthless as I've been hearing/reading?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, Corzine losing was BIG IMHO.  (From all I've been reading lately he was really a horrible governor.)

Anyone from NJ care to comment on Corzine's tenure as governor.  Was he as totally worthless as I've been hearing/reading?

Put it this way; Corizine could have run on his record. Instead he spent millions of dollars running negative attack ads that did everything from paint Christie as a Bush stooge (It's Bush's fault!) to make fun of Christie because he's fat.

Christie's most effective ad (at least to me, though I can't vote in NJ) was the first one he ran and kept running throughout the campaign; playing a recording of a part of Corzine's acceptance speech when he was first elected that simply said "Hold me accountable." I guess the NJ voters did.

NJ has the highest property taxes in the nation and possibly the most corrupt (and stupid) government (at least according to the feds who made a series of arrests of politicians in NJ this year).

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.

I knew about the taxes and corruption but didn't know Corzine was such a douche bag (e.g., his negative "fat" campaign statements, etc.).

Was he a typical arrogant, elitist libtard?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The Czar King is on his way out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
It's my understanding that he is/was indeed your typical arrogant, elitist libtard...

What gets me is the liberal reaction...if Corzine (and the other lib in Virginia) had won, they'd be shouting from the rooftops about how it was a mandate of affirmation of the Obama administration...since the dems got beat, it's no big thing...

There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor, the blacks against the whites, liberals against the conservatives, or the Democrats aginst the Republicans.  It's those of us who aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.  (I didn't write that, but I have no idea who the original author of it was)

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just like he wasn't paying much attention to the results last night, especially in NJ, where he stumped twice in the past week and a half, for that douchebag Corslime.  He's taking note, and know his day is coming, as are the dems in the House and Senate, they've done nothing in 4 years after tons of hollow promises, and voters are now taking a vested interest in this country, unfortunately after many of these same people voted for Obama last year.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At least in PA and NJ

Is that without the concerted campaign in heavily minority areas to generate voter turnout, the Democrats have a great deal of trouble winning statewide elections.

In PA, even the papers that ignore the reality of the state's eelctoral makeup are having trouble putting the liberal spin on the results.  They're leading with stories about how democrats swept the Philly elections, ignoring the fact that despite the 6-1 registration advantage that Democrats have in the city, no candidate won by that much, and that in some races, like the PA Supreme court judgeships, the lack of turnout in the city meant that Republican candidates won the stateside seats by a large margin.

There's many more examples if you care to look, but my overall favorite statistic of the day is that Gov Corzine of NJ has spent $130 million of his own money over the course of his (now dead) 9 year political career to get elected.  That means he paid $14.5 million per year for his job (from which he has now been fired).

Don't forget VA as well.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor, the blacks against the whites, liberals against the conservatives, or the Democrats aginst the Republicans.  It's those of us who aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.  (I didn't write that, but I have no idea who the original author of it was)

Originally attributed to someone over at DU, the night after GW won his second Presidential election...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Was he a typical arrogant, elitist libtard?

perhaps corzine's most glorious moment in office was when he hospitalized himself, and several others, because his state trooper driver was going 90 in a suburban to get corzine to a fund raiser.  obviously corzine was not the one with his foot on the gas, but he was the governor of the state and the trooper's boss in every sense of the word.  either he told the trooper to speed, or the guy knew what corzine wanted and did it with the governor's silent approval.  somebody made a sudden lane change and corzine's suv wrecked.  what an arrogant asshole.  i think the cop ultimately got a speeding ticket, which is ridiculous.  there are all kinds of criminal charges that can be used against someone whose reckless driving causes an accident with injuries in new jersey.

but those laws don't apply if you're driving a big, fat truck like it was a sports car and you're exceeding the speed limit by 35 mph because the asshole governor is late for a fundraiser.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
whats more important is 6% of the dumbest fucks ever voted for a Liberal republican who quit the election maybe they need a fucking IQ test to vote.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, in regards to Corzine, it's an "all of the above" answer in regards to what has already been written. The guy was a first class douche bag - arrogant, uppity and elitist to the extreme. To see him get bitch-slapped like this fills my heart with joy.
You guys may not realize just how significant this win really was - we made quite a statement last night. We beat the fuck despite the unions, special interest, Obama hacks, and brain-washed libtards all pushing for him.
This was a victory of the PEOPLE, trust me on that one. It was the "little guy", fed up with the corruption and bullshit who went out and made a vote than counted. Now in reality, Christie is no saint, and no GOP hero, actually this is all bigger than him. We just showed that we CAN beat entrenched corruption and special interest if we put our minds to it. Obama take note bitch. If NJ can oust a Dem who thought he was untouchable, YOUR next!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:12:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like he wasn't paying much attention to the results last night, especially in NJ, where he stumped twice in the past week and a half, for that douchebag Corslime.  He's taking note, and know his day is coming, as are the dems in the House and Senate, they've done nothing in 4 years after tons of hollow promises, and voters are now taking a vested interest in this country, unfortunately after many of these same people voted for Obama last year.

I heard on the radio coming in to work this morning, that Pelosi said they are going to ram through the health care bill, even if it meant some people losing their jobs because of it.  In other words, this arrogant bitch is going to do what she thinks is best for the country, whether the country agrees with her or not.

Personally, I hope she is one of those that loses her job
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top