Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:02:59 AM EDT
I get a phone call at 0900, and the Caller ID says "U.S. Government", so I figure that it's for me. Nope, it's a military recruiter wanting to talk to my oldest son, a Junior in high school. It's seems that the results of his ASVAB came back and he scored a 97. Now every recruiter in town is salivating over him.

Before you guys say it, I have already told him to get everything in writing. I was enlisted in the Air Force for five years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT
Congrats to your son!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:52:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
Congrats to your son!

Thanks. He hasn't decided whether he wants to enlist after high school or go ROTC through the university.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:54:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

Congrats to your son!

Thanks. He hasn't decided whether he wants to enlist after high school or go ROTC through the university.

ROTC, get a good free education. Why not be an officer, if he has the ability?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:58:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

Originally Posted By Nimrod1193:

Congrats to your son!

ROTC, get a good free education. Why not be an officer, if he has the ability?

+1.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
You should feel very lucky.

The hyenias at my door are punk ass 16-year old boys that want my daughter's innocence, the bastards.

My guns stay extremely clean, though

That was my first thought when I saw the title: "Oh shit! The boys are coming for his daughter the poor sumbitch!" You're lucky, my fried. Give me a drooling recruiter over a teenage boy with hormones and his allowance invested in condoms anyday.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:07:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By richardh247:

That was my first thought when I saw the title: "Oh shit! The boys are coming for his daughter the poor sumbitch!"

+1, I was going to say stick the barrel out the mail slot and just keep firing until the barking dies down.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:16:52 AM EDT
Get them to pay for college!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:30:04 AM EDT
ROTC!

To do otherwise, seems extremely foolish.
Good luck!
Top Top