Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 8:02:59 AM EDT
I get a phone call at 0900, and the Caller ID says "U.S. Government", so I figure that it's for me.  Nope, it's a military recruiter wanting to talk to my oldest son, a Junior in high school.  It's seems that the results of his ASVAB came back and he scored a 97.  Now every recruiter in town is salivating over him.

Before you guys say it, I have already told him to get everything in writing.  I was enlisted in the Air Force for five years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats to your son!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congrats to your son!

Thanks.  He hasn't decided whether he wants to enlist after high school or go ROTC through the university.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congrats to your son!

Thanks.  He hasn't decided whether he wants to enlist after high school or go ROTC through the university.

ROTC, get a good free education.  Why not be an officer, if he has the ability?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congrats to your son!

ROTC, get a good free education.  Why not be an officer, if he has the ability?

+1.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#5]
You should feel very lucky.

The hyenias at my door are punk ass 16-year old boys that want my daughter's innocence, the bastards.

My guns stay extremely clean, though  

That was my first thought when I saw the title:  "Oh shit!  The boys are coming for his daughter the poor sumbitch!"  You're lucky, my fried.  Give me a drooling recruiter over a teenage boy with hormones and his allowance invested in condoms anyday.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That was my first thought when I saw the title:  "Oh shit!  The boys are coming for his daughter the poor sumbitch!"

+1, I was going to say stick the barrel out the mail slot and just keep firing until the barking dies down.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Get them to pay for college!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
ROTC!

To do otherwise, seems extremely foolish.
Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top