Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2004 1:33:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You really know how to get the emotions going, SA.

I was in High School when that went down and I remember Jim McKay covering the events.

Just reinforces my opinion that these "people" are sub-human rabid vermin and deserve to be treated as such.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I read the book about the Mossad actions against these guys.  I hadn't remembered that there was one left.  It just goes to show that some guys are HARD TO FIND.  If the Mossad could never catch up to this guy it's no wonder we've had a hard time finding Osama.  When you pointedly kill civilians you make the point that you are anarchist at best and racist to boot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a loooong college paper on the Munich Olympic massacre...the incompetence and lack of preparation in the German police was astounding.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

What is important to be learned is hostages are not soldiers in war.

Uh, is a correction needed?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]
GREAT thread.

Thanks-

Shawn
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the great post!  I knew it happened but, I never knew the amount of destruction that came of this  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]
How many hostages were killed?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I read the book about the Mossad actions against these guys.  I hadn't remembered that there was one left.  It just goes to show that some guys are HARD TO FIND.  If the Mossad could never catch up to this guy it's no wonder we've had a hard time finding Osama.  When you pointedly kill civilians you make the point that you are anarchist at best and racist to boot.

They know he lives in Africa with his wife and 2 kids. It is offensive to humanity that he lives at all, let alone enjoys a family after the tragedies he has personally inflicted upon so many.

Terrorists should never be excused, pardoned or forgiven. They should ALL be executed, even those who didn't actually participate in executions themselves.

No exceptions.

Amen!  Yes!  Absolutely!  Kill them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add:
It's too bad I can't buy some kind of license to go hunt (and kill) islamic extremists.  Hell, they should be distributing the licenses for free.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What is important to be learned is hostages are not soldiers in war.

Uh, is a correction needed?

I would like to second this.........

AKASL
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#15]
SteyrAUG,

Do I have your permission to repost this on a private forum I'm a member of? it's very well assembled and your sentiments mirror my own.

It's a forum for a small group of A/C, History and Flight sim freaks, and I'm sure they would find this very interesting.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Did you see all those sideburns?

MT
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#17]
+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Fuck Islam!

And Fuck Allah!

+1 again even
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#19]
What are the unlearned lessons? Every major country now has an anti-terrorists unit.

All the terrorists and it's planners but one were hunted down and killed.

What next? Are you going to post a "The unlearned lessons of September 11th?"
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Did you see all those sideburns?

It was the early '70s after all.  

The other burpgun carried in the pix look to be a Walther MPL <????? I'm sure SteyrAug will correct me>
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They know he lives in Africa with his wife and 2 kids. It is offensive to humanity that he lives at all, let alone enjoys a family after the tragedies he has personally inflicted upon so many.

Terrorists should never be excused, pardoned or forgiven. They should ALL be executed, even those who didn't actually participate in executions themselves.

No exceptions.

Amen!  Yes!  Absolutely!  Kill them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add:
It's too bad I can't buy some kind of license to go hunt (and kill) islamic extremists.  Hell, they should be distributing the licenses for free.

+1

Courts and prisons mean nothing in the world of terrorism. The only way to deal with terrorists and prevent future attacks is to speak their language: merciless violence!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Steyr,

Great post.

How quickly people forget...

They have never disbanded or gone away.

They have been planning.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:32:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#24]
An old story well worth your effort AUG, it rings as true today as it did then. These fanatic pigs deserve to be hunted down and executed. There is no middle ground.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Horrific at the time.

Almost inconsequential in comparison to 9/11.

I can only wonder what the future is going to bring.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Not sure if it was the same book, but I read one about this too. It also covered going into argentina to nap some nazi hideouts.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Great Thread ,thanks
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#33]
These are the fellows that think the kerrykommie would be the best choice for our next President,remember.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I appreciate the history lesson of the day... a heart-wrencher at that...   Can never know too much... and the pics really seal the memory.

Thanks,

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Excellent post. What's the name & author of the book about Mossad tracking these guys down?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SteyrAUG,

Do I have your permission to repost this on a private forum I'm a member of? it's very well assembled and your sentiments mirror my own.

It's a forum for a small group of A/C, History and Flight sim freaks, and I'm sure they would find this very interesting.

Granted.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are the unlearned lessons?

LEAVE NO LIVE TERRORISTS TO ATTRACT HOSTAGE TAKERS. That is the lesson.

I honestly didn't think I needed to point that out, it should be obvious.

To be honest SA, I wasnt sure what your unlearned lesson was either until I reread your remark about terrorists.  It was kind of overshadowed by the pictures.  You are correct though in your assessment.   Good post.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Horrific at the time.

Almost inconsequential in comparison to 9/11.

I can only wonder what the future is going to bring.

I'm afraid something along the lines of the loss of a major metropolitan area.

Steyr, a very thought provoking post. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Good thread. Always remember who the enemy is.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank you SA.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#42]
nice post steyr.

i gotta think the next big terrorist hit will be a sporting event.  some big college stadiums out there.  soft.  very soft.

remember when the president said the gloves are off?  was that just a big joke?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are the unlearned lessons? Every major country now has an anti-terrorists unit.

All the terrorists and it's planners but one were hunted down and killed.

What next? Are you going to post a "The unlearned lessons of September 11th?"

The unlearned lessons is we still arrest and treat hostages like POWs or criminals. The ACLU advocates giving them all the tights of a US citizen.

All the BS terrorists except 1 were nunted down BUT it was the 200 in custody that promted the terrorism in the first place. We are still making that mistake. How long before a bunch of US citizens are captured and terrorists demand we release all the inmates of Abu Gray? Oh wait that is happening now, only they cut their heads off on video.

LEAVE NO LIVE TERRORISTS TO ATTRACT HOSTAGE TAKERS. That is the lesson.

I honestly didn't think I needed to point that out, it should be obvious.

And to answer your question, yes there are also unlearned lessons of 9-11. The borders are still wide open, INS is still not deporting known illegals.

+1^n, Steyr.  Excellent post, excellent point.

BTW, druncuncas, if the gloves were really off, the lege would have prematurely deep-sixed the AWB, and we'd have nationwide open carry and/or shall issue CCW.  I'd like to see a bunch of terrorist fuckers (hell, give 'em 10 per plane!) try to hijack planes again in that climate.  Grrrrr.  "Welcome to the new America, you sorry fuckers....... <gunfire />"
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Lots of things piss me off about this..... these are some of the ones which piss me off the most:

"Alarmingly the IOC decided to continue with the games despite protest. Cynics suggested they wanted to capitalize on ratings. Regardless of their true motivation they provided a international platform for the terrorists to draw attention to their cause."

Certainly *this* couldn't have been part of their motivation!?!  Not sure what the makeup of the IOC looked like in '72, but......

"The assault was called off when it was learned East German TV cameras filmed the preparations and broadcast them on live TV. Palestinians had watched police move into positions on a TV in the room."

Knowing East Germany at the time..... that was the equivalent of what we'd call "state action" on this side o' the pond.  And that, my friends, would have bought E. Germany a smackdown from this SOB.

"....seconds before the terrorists and hostaged arrived the decoy flight crew decided they were not qualified for the operation and left the plane"

WTF?

"The bodies of the 5 dead terrorists were flown to Libya where they received a hero's funeral."

Four words for you on this one: Who motherfucking authorized this?!?

"Jamal Al-Gashay remains alive."

For what purpose?

======================

Readers of this post should remember this as one of the legacies of this thread:

"Terrorists should never be excused, pardoned or forgiven. They should ALL be executed, even those who didn't actually participate in executions themselves.

No exceptions."

======================

<preface>I personally think it was just another stupid, fake-ass Hollywood "movie," but this one quote saves it from the trash heap most movies deserve to go into:</preface>

from Swordfish:

Stanley: War? Who are we at war with?

Gabriel: Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb 10. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that is becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

I think whomever wrote that part of the movie is onto something - whether he/she knows it or not.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that is becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

Thats the way we should be taking care of business

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#46]
good, and sobering post steyr
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#47]
That was definately a shitty Olympics.   The terrorists, that bullshit Gold medal basketball game between the U.S. and Russia, Prefontaine only took 4th, worst performance ever by the U.S, and Bill Bowermans last coaching ever.  Definately not an Olympics to be proud of.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks great post. I hope they kill that last fucker before he dies of old age.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The unlearned lessons is we still arrest and treat hostages like POWs or criminals.

You keep doing this. Is this some kind of Freudian thing?  

The ACLU advocates giving them all the tights of a US citizen.

C'mon! I know the ACLU is gay, but they're giving out tights now?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top