BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2011 8:08:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the one for Ranger School better.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]
That's actually quite impressive. I agree, a good commercial.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That was excellent.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]

I'm glad they got Sal Guinta in there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like the one for Ranger School better.

I know, right?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Hah, you guys are amateurs!

UKRAINE STRONG!

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#7]
But, it's still just an advertisement for the Army, right?  
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Some days I really really miss being in the Army.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Awe.  How very diverse of them.  I'm sick of seeing the Army trying to appeal to everyone.  It's not for everyone.

THIS is a recruiting video:

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well once you've strapped on your boots for the millionth time to do just another seemingly meaningless day at "work" and it turns into the newest most exciting and possibly the newest worst day of your life as well, you'll understand it's a little bit more than that.  But yes, to those who haven't done it yet, that's all it is.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
They messed up; everyone appears to be a mature adult and not a bunch of dorkie kids.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well once you've strapped on your boots for the millionth time to do just another seemingly meaningless day at "work" and it turns into the newest most exciting and possibly the newest worst day of your life as well, you'll understand it's a little bit more than that.  But yes, to those who haven't done it yet, that's all it is.

You know what they say about assuming things, right?

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked how they worked in the homo-erotic Top Gun volleyball scene.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well once you've strapped on your boots for the millionth time to do just another seemingly meaningless day at "work" and it turns into the newest most exciting and possibly the newest worst day of your life as well, you'll understand it's a little bit more than that. But yes, to those who haven't done it yet, that's all it is.

Well some people do leave the Army with no love lost, I can't relate.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well once you've strapped on your boots for the millionth time to do just another seemingly meaningless day at "work" and it turns into the newest most exciting and possibly the newest worst day of your life as well, you'll understand it's a little bit more than that. But yes, to those who haven't done it yet, that's all it is.

I have yet to leave the army.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have yet to leave the army.

I'm truly jealous. Wish I'd never left, too old to ever come back. I had better reasons to leave than to stay, but I have missed the life since the day I got my DD214.

I guess I'm just more sentimental that some.

ETA: IM inbound.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm truly jealous. Wish I'd never left, too old to ever come back.  I had better reasons to leave than to stay, but I have missed the life since the day I got my DD214.  

The funny thing about this ad campaign is...it's issued and sanctioned by the Army, and then posted to Youtube.

Only thing is, access to Youtube is blocked on our Army issued and sanctioned networks.  

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice video. Good for the Army for getting one right.

-ZA
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm truly jealous. Wish I'd never left, too old to ever come back. I had better reasons to leave than to stay, but I have missed the life since the day I got my DD214.

The funny thing about this ad campaign is...it's issued and sanctioned by the Army, and then posted to Youtube.

Only thing is, access to Youtube is blocked on our Army issued and sanctioned networks.

You sure?  I know DISA doesn't block Youtube, and I still work for the Army as a Contractor on an Army Base.  I'm there now, and I just viewed the vid.

It's blocked by some, probably up to the local DOIM, but DISA only blocks those sites during emergency periods, the latest was the Japan Earthquake.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure?  I know DISA doesn't block Youtube, and I still work for the Army as a Contractor on an Army Base.  I'm there now, and I just viewed the vid.

It's blocked by some, probably up to the local DOIM, but DISA only blocks those sites during emergency periods, the latest was the Japan Earthquake.

I'm sure.  I'm sitting at an Army computer right now.  As far as I can tell, Youtube is blocked in the NCR on Army domains.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Awe.  How very diverse of them.  I'm sick of seeing the Army trying to appeal to everyone.  It's not for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOKccJnILUo

HOLY SHIT! That IS badass!
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sure? I know DISA doesn't block Youtube, and I still work for the Army as a Contractor on an Army Base. I'm there now, and I just viewed the vid.

I'm sure. I'm sitting at an Army computer right now. As far as I can tell, Youtube is blocked in the NCR on Army domains.

Well, I can't say I miss that.  

Check your IM's.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Helluva lot better than 'Army of Juan' or whatever it was.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#24]
From the Onion:

'Army Of One' Campaign Attracting Troubled Loners To MilitaryFebruary 14, 2001 | ISSUE 46•26 ISSUE 37•05

03.17.04 WASHINGTON, DC–The Army's new "Army Of One" campaign is attracting millions of troubled loners, recruitment officials said Monday. "Historically, Army enlistees are creepy, antisocial drifters," said Sgt. Glenn Decinces of the Army's Recruitment Office. "After years of trying to attract stable, achievement-oriented young patriots with the slogan 'Be All You Can Be,' we finally gave up and decided to consciously go after the freakos we've always drawn."
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They messed up; everyone appears to be a mature adult and not a bunch of dorkie kids.

Yeah no shit, I didn't see a single beer can or energy drink OR xbox controller in that whole video.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I've always had a soft spot for the RM adverts.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While that's badass, and appeals to some of us folk who actually may have/desire potential to be high speed...

Most of the world ISN'T high speed. And most people in the Army are just a regular cross-section of our society. The Army is doing it right. They want people to join, not to scare them away with "you won't make it. Don't even try." OP's video showed the plethora of opportunities that the Army has to offer –– one of which just might appeal to someone.

You need POGs too, ya know.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#29]
the jersey of the greatest team on earth

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#30]
that was a good ad.  I really liked the fact that Sal Guinta was utilized.  Good to show off our Heros once in a while.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

While that's badass, and appeals to some of us folk who actually may have/desire potential to be high speed...

Most of the world ISN'T high speed. And most people in the Army are just a regular cross-section of our society. The Army is doing it right. They want people to join, not to scare them away with "you won't make it. Don't even try." OP's video showed the plethora of opportunities that the Army has to offer –– one of which just might appeal to someone.

You need POGs too, ya know.

That is true. In the case of the Royal Marines, they can afford to have videos like that because they are a relatively small and selective part of the Armed Forces, and are almost entirely a combat force (they do have a few non combat roles in the Commandos) aside from the RM Band Service, which does not do Commando Training.

There are about 8000 Royal Marines, regular and reserve personnel combined. That is less than 2% of the combined total of 410,000+ regular and reserve personnel of our entire Armed Forces.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I saw the field of ACU, I was waiting for it to say "This is a really bad camouflage pattern."

Yep. I couldn't help staring at the uniform and thinking "yuck."

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  I wonder why there are no Royal Marine Commando commercials with women in them.  Wait, there are no female Royal Marine Commandos.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw the field of ACU, I was waiting for it to say "This is a really bad camouflage pattern."

Ironic that they concentrated on the uniform which they can't seem to make up their damn minds about.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ironic that they concentrated on the uniform which they can't seem to make up their damn minds about.

For all its faults the ACU has been well received by the public at large.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And they didn't really show it in woodland where it really sucks. ACU doesn't do too bad in arid or rocky places.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm glad they got Sal Guinta in there.

Speaking of that, I spoke with a buddy at 2/75 who says that everything you hear about Ranger Petry in public is true, or ought to be, and more and better besides.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice commercial. Those royal marine ones are pretty intense.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That's actually quite impressive. I agree, a good commercial.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Excellent commercial!
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just a civilian, and the ACU may suck in the real world, but in my opinion its the best LOOKING uniform of all time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Hey I saw my job in there at 39, 55, 1:44, and 2:00. I like it, needs more convoy security.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Hey I saw my job in there at 39, 55, 1:44, and 2:00. I like it, needs more convoy security.

I did it for a year, nothing needs more convoy security.

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just a civilian, and the ACU may suck in the real world, but in my opinion its the best LOOKING uniform of all time.

The ACU has it's ups and downs but UCP is shit. Personally, I like the uniforms from the second war.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wait, are you a 31B?
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the ACU is not the same as UCP

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you can make that argument for UCP but not ACU(which is the cut of the uniform I guess you could say).  The collars go both ways, it always looks wrinkled, strings flop around.  I hate wearing the damn thing.

As for the commercial, it is better than what most of them have been.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Hah, you guys are amateurs!

UKRAINE STRONG!

Ukraine is weak. Russian VDV is strong:

Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top