Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 6:05:22 PM EDT
A kali LEO that "gets it"!    

Obviously dated due to what's now illegal on the left coast, but educational for those that "don't get it"!

Probably a dupe from long ago" but I'd never seen it (about 10 minutes):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysf8x477c30&mode=related&search
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
that was pretty cool - thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else find it interesting that Weird Al's White and Nerdy is the next most relevent video?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I almost posted this the other day.  It is a good video to show to those who do not understand firearms.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Very Knowledgeable. Someone that isn't talking out of his Ass like the Brady Campaign and making up shit.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I felt all warm inside after watching that.... Thanks!

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never really thought about how the inner and outer workings set them apart. (yes, I'm new to guns.)  But that video explained it in a way that I understood!!!!  Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent video!  Now all we have to do is figure out a way to get it to the 100 million people that really need to see it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
paused so i can say...  so the fully automatic assault rifle is illegal and prohibited?  
great opening statement.  to bad he is wrong on his first point.  

hope the rest of the video is better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Very good idea, fairly well done to show the differences in the firearms.... BUT...
VERY misleading regarding the lawful ownership of NFA firearms.

HKO
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
paused so i can say...  so the fully automatic assault rifle is illegal and prohibited?  

I think I said it wasn't "correct"; however the cognizant points are worth thinking about...  

Keep pissing on the messenger... it's doing a lot of good  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope this man is gonna stand up against the new AWB... We could use more LEO's like him. (despite some of the misinterpreted things he may have said in the video that looked like it was done in the early 90's)
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Very good idea, fairly well done to show the differences in the firearms.... BUT...

HKO

He said it was not available for civilian PURCHACE. He mentioned nothing about LEGAL TRANSFER.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Could he have been speaking in regards to CA law specifically? I'm not sure when NFA became "prohibited" there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]
It would be great if some of the NFA owners on this forum would make a more modern video depicting an M16 and an AR15 with the exact same furniture on it, then show an AR15 varmint rifle with realtree or mossy oak camo on it to distinguish it as a hunting rifle. Pretty much follow the format of this video, but use the AR instead, and at the end explain what's involved in buying an NFA firearm, the expense, the unfairness of it all...

Anyway, I'd make a viedo, but I can't afford an m16 and I don't know anyone who has one. (I don't even know my sherriff's disposition on NFA anyway.)
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Leroy Pyle was/is a NRA board member  and a bit of a gun writer
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It would be great if some of the NFA owners on this forum would make a more modern video depicting an M16 and an AR15 with the exact same furniture on it, then show an AR15 varmint rifle with realtree or mossy oak camo on it to distinguish it as a hunting rifle. Pretty much follow the format of this video, but use the AR instead, and at the end explain what's involved in buying an NFA firearm, the expense, the unfairness of it all...

Anyway, I'd make a viedo, but I can't afford an m16 and I don't know anyone who has one. (I don't even know my sherriff's disposition on NFA anyway.)

No no, camo furniture on an AR-15 doesn't make it look like a hunting rifle to sheeple or gun grabbers; camo means the evil murder assault rifle is even MORE evil because now you can't see it!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HKO

He said it was not available for civilian PURCHACE. He mentioned nothing about LEGAL TRANSFER.

The terms "banned and prohibited" and "illegal fully automatic" are misleading.
I would even accept heavily controlled.

...and my dealer will not complete a TRANSFER of a firearm until after I finish PURCHASING it.

HKO
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#18]
TFL
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Good video.  Thanks for the link!

Also judging from Catsclaw's comments, it sounds good for newcomers, or people who are not knowledgeable about firearms.  Forget about the nitpicking of NFA, the video seems to clearly and concisely cut though a lot of the disinformation the media spews.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Good video.  Thanks for the link!

Also judging from Catsclaw's comments, it sounds good for newcomers, or people who are not knowledgeable about firearms.  Forget about the nitpicking of NFA, the video seems to clearly and concisely cut though a lot of the disinformation the media spews.

I don't know much about the legal this or that thing....it was done it Ca. too...so who knows, but it did explain a lot on the function, and outward view of each gun. I probably still couldn't tell one apart from the other just eyeballing them...I'd notice pink furniture though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top