Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I pray for peace to, so what.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#2]

I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#3]
drop them into fallujah! let them apologize to the terrorists themselves!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been hit already

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Ugh.

Sometimes I get to thinking that freedom is a bad idea.

Just look at what some people do with it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#6]
That is some funny stuff. Also, no BOTD over there, but a couple of candidates for conversion by injection.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Forgive us for getting rid of Saddam.  We know how much you loved him.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#8]
This Country is fucked up!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I never knew a whole church/community existed where every member was a stroke victim.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#10]
We're sorry for bringing you freedom most of you have never known in your lives.  We're sorry for ousting your murderous leader who would kill you and your family for not liking him.  It was selfish of us.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Why doesn't she just give the world a "piece"?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
timblair.spleenville.com/archives/beleive.JPG

I'd hit it.

Yeah? Well I'm a FATHER who will never give up believing in World Peace, either.

The difference is, I will never give up FIGHTING for it, either!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah? Well I'm a FATHER who will never give up believing in World Peace, either.

Well said. Ditto.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's been hit already

With an ugly stick.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Idiot liberals don't understand that you NEVER achieve peace without war.

It has NEVER happenned in human history.

Liberals don't understand that evil exists.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#16]
When shrapnel rips through her baby's head from an Islamic fundamentalist suicide bomber, she'll change her tune.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
When shrapnel rips through her baby's head from an Islamic fundamentalist suicide bomber, she'll change her tune.

Yup. She'll become more rabidly anti Bush.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'd hit it.

I already did
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#19]
God is that funny.

(However, is this a testament as to what some here think is the real power of prayer?)
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep, these are the idiots who think Chamberlain had the right idea.  "Peace in our time!"

Riiight...  We know how well THAT worked out.

As long as there is human ambition there will be the need to check those who would stifle freedom for their own personal gain.  So world peace will always be the wet dream of the bong smoker.  The rest of us will continue to live in the real world.  With the attendent evil black rifles at our sides.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Pray for War, Kill for peace
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#22]
There are none so blind as those who will not see...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Si vis pacem, para bellum.  If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize what you just said makes utterly no sense lexically, right?  No peace without war?  What is this, 1984?  Fighting for peace?  Huh?  You have been brainwashed by statist thugs.

Sure evil exists, but you cannot hope to vanquish evil by becoming evil yourself.  Peace requires at least some amount of compromise, finesse, and creativity.  War allows for none of those things.  Thinking in black/white evi/good terms is extraordinarily navie and indicates lack of mature judgement.

And no, I'm not some pussy-wimp liberal.  I am an anti-statist and I think that most wars (and all the worst ones ever known) have been caused by organized states, so let's be clear on what the problem is first, then when can at least work to do something about.  As far as I know, attempts to create peace by organized states, not involving war, have never been seriously attempted, so it is really no surprise that it has never happened.

I really don't think the military/industrial state of today is up to the task of promoting world peace.  Seems like all it does is piss people off and then get them killed.  I guess that's good if your definition of peace goes something like "let's kill everyone who doesn't agree with us."  

When it comes right down to it, maybe it is survival of the fittest.  But "fittest" may not mean "strongest" but rather "smartest."

And yeah, that pic of the woman and her kid is just so terrible compared to the daily blood and guts imagery coming out of Iraq.  Some of you are very misogynistic and need help.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Peace requires only the utter and total defeat of your enemy.  That is what history tells us.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if all those old guys are there just for the pussy ?
I only saw one guy who was getting laid " The one who just got back from the nature walk"
WTF are the other guys doing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You do realize what you just said makes utterly no sense lexically, right?  No peace without war?  What is this, 1984?  Fighting for peace?  Huh?  You have been brainwashed by statist thugs.

Sure evil exists, but you cannot hope to vanquish evil by becoming evil yourself.  Peace requires at least some amount of compromise, finesse, and creativity.  War allows for none of those things.  Thinking in black/white evi/good terms is extraordinarily navie and indicates lack of mature judgement.

And no, I'm not some pussy-wimp liberal.  I am an anti-statist and I think that most wars (and all the worst ones ever known) have been caused by organized states, so let's be clear on what the problem is first, then when can at least work to do something about.  As far as I know, attempts to create peace by organized states, not involving war, have never been seriously attempted, so it is really no surprise that it has never happened.

I really don't think the military/industrial state of today is up to the task of promoting world peace.  Seems like all it does is piss people off and then get them killed.  I guess that's good if your definition of peace goes something like "let's kill everyone who doesn't agree with us."  

When it comes right down to it, maybe it is survival of the fittest.  But "fittest" may not mean "strongest" but rather "smartest."

And yeah, that pic of the woman and her kid is just so terrible compared to the daily blood and guts imagery coming out of Iraq.  Some of you are very misogynistic and need help.  

You should hum Imagine while reading this post. It makes for a really cool effect!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"Ense petit placidam sub libertum quietum"

"By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under Liberty"

-easily the coolest state motto, unfortunately Massachusetts doesn't really practice that motto any more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should hum Imagine while reading this post. It makes for a really cool effect!

Hey, you're right!  It worked for me.  I even tied a bandana around my head and configured the "peace" sign with my fingers.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:41:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And no, I'm not some pussy-wimp liberal.  .  

If yer not a liberal, then yer smoking crack.

Since you agree evil exists, I'll start there.

Do you "compromise" with evil? NO, YOU KILL IT. With extreme prejudice.

NEVER in human history has any other methodology worked.

No finesse, and creativity ONLY in the sense of finding unique ways to KILL IT.

ONLY when you kill evil in all out war, in  total victory, is peace achieved.

I don;t really care WHAT you think of my posts "lexically."

Reality and history back me up.

And tell us your thinking is screwed up.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#31]
 Yeah lay down your weapons and give them a hug just before THEY SLIT YOUR F**KING THROAT, SHOOT YOU, BURN YOUR ASS ALIVE, AND BEHEAD YOU. F**k that kill the terrorist f**ks.  These people piss me the F**K off. They need to join the mil, and see the THREAT!!!! That these countries pose.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
 I am an anti-statist and I think that most wars (and all the worst ones ever known) have been caused by organized states, so let's be clear on what the problem is first, then when can at least work to do something about.  As far as I know, attempts to create peace by organized states, not involving war, have never been seriously attempted, so it is really no surprise that it has never happened.

And there, sports fans, is WHY 99% of the rest of the world are scared spitless by the marginal, fringe 1% of the world who label themselves "libertarian."

Yer cuter when yer whining about legalizing pot, than when you delve into macro govermnemtal issues.

When you talk big picture, you libertarians are just dammed scary.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Do you "compromise" with evil? NO, YOU KILL IT. With extreme prejudice.

ONLY when you kill evil in all out war, in  total victory, is peace achieved.

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's been hit already

not in the pooper and I don't see any pics!!  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top