Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 6:15:52 PM EDT
I wonder how long it's gonna be before implanting kids is proposed as a solution to this problem.

Just strikes me as not a coincidence that all these situations are receiving national press coverage simultaneously.

Of course, once the kids are implanted as a way to "preotect" them via GPS tracking and the like, it will naturally be suggested for us all.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." (Arthur Schopenhauer)
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds very paranoid to me.

The reason this are showing show much of this is it grabs everyones attention.  As sad as these events are the media sees them as "good news" to get people to watch their program.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
they do dogs now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
they should do the sex offenders.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not expect any thing less out of the media.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Given the short time factor involved here, a GPS implant wouldn't have saved her.  Besides, anyone who'd do this would probably not hesitate to cut a kid open, or arms off, if they suspected such a device.  Heck, you could probably use TIN FOIL ([rolleyes]) to shield the signal anyway.
View Quote

What he said. This is why you don't have a chip in your ear to pay for shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#10]
They already have a plan in the wings for 'marking' children with a digital implant.

The technology was developed for military applications. It would be militarily advantageous to know the precise location of your own soldiers, for extraction, for battlefield deployment, etc., and so an implant was developed by an electronic company using microchips.

The military applications have never gotten off the ground for one reason or another, so the company was casting about for another application - and they came up with:

[size=4]Digital Angel[/size=4]

How bizarre/blasphemous is that? [:D]

[url]http://www.digitalangel.net/[/url]

And it's not only for children, but for aged parents with Alzheimers, who may tend to wander off the nursing home grounds.

Read the website and see what y'all think!

Mark of the Beast?

Eric The(LookOutNow!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They already have a plan in the wings for 'marking' children with a digital implant.
Eric The(LookOutNow!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I would question the usefulness of an implant to stop a Samantha Runnion type kidnap. And if such a device could not have saved her, what good is it?

Why do I question the efficacy of an implant? Because this perp acted with a cold-blooded purpose that would make me believe the perp was capable of instant amputation or literally anything.

Something needs to be done, and the nation needs to keep thinking upon it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#12]
if the colorado (smart?) girl is still alive, it might help her. i'm not fond of this technology, but if it is voluntary and can be removed on an outpatient basis, i'd have to say it's parents' choice til the kids are 18.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I sure as hell would not have wanted a "Digital Angel" in me when I was a teenager, especially if it was combined with an alcohol detector.  [:o]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top