Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 6:15:40 AM EDT

Besides former Prez. JFK, I think the whole clan is overrated.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup. Shame Teddy still wastes air.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that if JFK had served out his term he would be ranked with other greats like Ford and Carter. Nothing like assassination to seal your legacy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Think about how the clan started. Need I say more?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#4]
JFK was and Bobby certianly would have been a great President. The rest of their family seems to be just riding on their good name.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#5]
you needed to ask?
f*** 'em

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you needed to ask?
f*** 'em

What exactly did JFK do wrong?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think they're over rated.  I believe the kennedys are the best bootlegging, drug and alcohol abusing, women killing, child molesting, raping and constitution destroying family in America.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You mean the adultery wasn't enough?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
you needed to ask?
f*** 'em

Exactly, WTF ? There is nothing that makes me sicker than people doading over the Kenedys. However when they can walk on water, swim through mud & drink 10 quarts of Terrorist blood let me F@#king know
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't think they're over rated.  I believe the kennedys are the best bootlegging, drug and alcohol abusing, women killing, child molesting, raping and constitution destroying family in America.

AMEN
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you needed to ask?
f*** 'em

Believe it or not, there are people that think otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think that if JFK had served out his term he would be ranked with other greats like Ford and Carter. Nothing like assassination to seal your legacy.

AGREED !!

5sub
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Imho, all the attention paid to the Kennedys is mindless celebrity worship.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Other than JFK? They're mainly wasting our oxygen and living on trust funds.

JFK himself, solely as a president, was pretty good. Pro 2nd amendment, strong anti-communist, pro-tax cuts and growth. Much better than nixon, who was a 'republican' who just expanded government.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, Big Time and JFK was and is overrated now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes.

Next question.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
JFK himself, solely as a president, was pretty good. Pro 2nd amendment, strong anti-communist, pro-tax cuts and growth. Much better than nixon, who was a 'republican' who just expanded government.

Then you should go read about the Bayof Pigs fiasco. JFK caused the torture & killings of thousands of anti-Castro rebels.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
JFK was and Bobby certianly would have been a great President. The rest of their family seems to be just riding on their good name.

Wasn't Bobby a major proponent of the law the eventually became the GCA of '68?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

i don't reckon it could be said better than LS1Eddie did above  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
All anyone needs to do is to simply read the book, The Dark Side of Camelot, by Kennedy-insider, and New York Times reporter, Seymour M. Hersh!

You will never see that Zapruder film in the same light, again!

Sorry, but it's true.

And he well-documented his book, knowing that the certain wrath of his colleagues was going to come crashing down on his own, liberal-elitist head!

Now, for those of you who may be shocked about my Zapruder film comment, simply check out his Chapter on the Bay of Pigs fiasco!

JFK knew. Bobby knew. The men who were abandoned on the beach knew. The four heroic Alabama Air National Guard pilots who died, knew. The pilots' cast-off widows and orphans knew. The press corps knew. All of Washington DC knew.

The only folks who didn't know, were the American people.

And if they knew, he would have been toast.

Impeached toast.

'Nuff said. Go read the book!

Eric The(EyesWideOpen)Hun

ETH.  Since you're The Cliff Notes of ARFCOM, a quick version of the 'Whys" would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you needed to ask?
f*** 'em

Bay of Pigs, Adultry, Concealing his health problems and the drugs he required to function, and RVN, he was headed down the same rd that LBJ later took. There is probably more that I cant think of or dont know but these are a start.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Wasn't JFK bi-polar?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you should go read about the Bayof Pigs fiasco. JFK caused the torture & killings of thousands of anti-Castro rebels.

I think you need to go reread your history. JFK had nothing to do the Bay of Pigs, except keep Americans from dying. The CIA planned/ran that  operation and caused the needless deaths.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
RFK had it going to bad he was killed he would have saved a lot of lives in RVN. The rest of the gene pool is dull nornal at best. They all need to find real jobs and get over it,  live their lives everyone would benifit..
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Washington Post article

Lefty's Last Hunt: Dog Felled in 'Tragic Accident'

By Richard Leiby

Thursday, May 6, 2004; Page C03

Kennedy cousin and onetime Maryland legislator Mark Shriver has learned an expensive lesson about pheasant hunting. Rule No. 1: Shoot the pheasant, not the hunting dog.

Shriver's errant shotgun blast killed Lefty, a champion English springer spaniel, during a December trip to a hunting preserve near Gettysburg, Pa. After months of negotiations, the dog's owner, Kris Pederson, last week accepted $9,500 in compensation for the dog, according to two sources familiar with the matter. Pederson, a businessman from Freeland, Md., would not comment, but the sources told us he originally valued Lefty (official name: Mason Dixon's Left Wing) at $15,000 and Shriver initially offered $3,500.

"It was a tragic accident," says Shriver, who lives in Bethesda and heads literacy programs for Save the Children. He would not comment on the amount of the settlement, but told us, "I provided full monetary compensation. And it was a sad incident for me as well. I've known dogs my entire life and it was very, very sad."

The incident that felled Lefty, 7, occurred at a preserve called Hill Country, where Shriver hunted as a guest of a member. The hunting guide that day, David Roesler, a police officer in Baltimore County, told us he grew wary after Shriver "had a misfire" early in the hunt. Not long afterward, Lefty was flushing a bird when Shriver shot the dog with his 12-gauge, leaving a fist-size wound, Roesler said. "It just missed me," he recalled, but Shriver said, "That is not true at all."

Roesler, brother-in-law of Lefty's owner, rushed to the dog's aid. "I knew there was nothing I could do," he said. "It hit him in the rib cage . . . exactly where his heart is." Shriver immediately told him, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," Roesler said.

But the guide was furious: "There was nothing I could say. I was bawling my eyes out, I was so mad."

Asked whether he's an experienced hunter, Shriver, 40, told us: "I've hunted my entire life with my father and my family. We'll leave it at that."

Hill Country's manager, George Werner, called Shriver a "very sloppy" hunter who "did unsafe things." He said Shriver is barred from ever hunting there again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top