Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 11:57:35 PM EDT
watching it now on bravo
that was hilarious when he blew jack black's arm off with the remote controlled M2
"See, I told you it was off. Now go get in front of the car before you pass out."

and now the ultimate stupidity.
he has an M2 with depleted uranium bullets. he could easily hose down the whole platform and not have to wait for her to take the podium. not only does he wait, he dicks around for 5 minutes zooming in enough to see the pores in her skin instead of wasting her. of course this allows gerbal boy to shoot his remote controlled gun with some sort of sniper rifle, and after the rifle shot the SS is no where to be found while Sidney Poitier runs from 30 yards out to knock her down in the knick of time before the machine gun rounds blow the podium apart
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a girl over when I rented that ages ago - didn't do much paying attention to the movie. I never went back and rewatched it. Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
its an ok movie nothing to write home about

also its not a M2 its a 20mm cannon if you watch the whole movie when he is shopping for a weapon he says nothing american
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I had a girl over when I rented that ages ago - didn't do much paying attention to the movie. I never went back and rewatched it. Is it worth it?

Absolutely not.

About all I remember of that film is how stupid it was.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The spoiler is that they even tried to fuck with Day of the jackal, which was a very well done movie.

Was that the '70s one where the assassin has the gun built into his can or something?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
watching it now on bravo
that was hilarious when he blew jack black's arm off with the remote controlled M2
"See, I told you it was off. Now go get in front of the car before you pass out."

and now the ultimate stupidity.
he has an M2 with depleted uranium bullets. he could easily hose down the whole platform and not have to wait for her to take the podium. not only does he wait, he dicks around for 5 minutes zooming in enough to see the pores in her skin instead of wasting her. of course this allows gerbal boy to shoot his remote controlled gun with some sort of sniper rifle, and after the rifle shot the SS is no where to be found while Sidney Poitier runs from 30 yards out to knock her down in the knick of time before the machine gun rounds blow the podium apart

Bruce had a 20mm, not a 50 and gerbal boy had a HK SR9 TC, mocked up to look like a PSG1
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I missed the very beginning when he went shopping for the big gun, but the side view I saw looked a lot like an M2

I wouldn't pay to see it. wasn't horrible, but not great
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
It was probably an M53 or M53/59.

Anti-aircraft gun - 30mm x 165mm
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked this movie... despite Richard Gere. I thought Bruce Willis was cool as hell in this movie. I especially like the scene where he wastes the queer.

This is the best I could find on the "cannon" from the movie. Pretty gard to find any pictures of one.
I have no doubt the props department probably added some shit onto whatever cannon they used to make it look "cooler". Just liek the "PSG-1". I pretty much assumed it wasn't a real PSG-1 since, IIRC, it had iron sights.

IMDb Discussions

by - Organ-20 (Sat May 14 2005 06:04:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(sigh)
It's a ZSU 14.5mm antiaircraft gun. Fairly common Eastern bloc hardware; the smaller brother to the impressive 23-4 system used on the 'shilka' SPAA.
Hardly 'state-of-the-art' as Jack Black exclaims; it's been around (IIRC) since the seventies.

by - chvylvr80 (Thu Mar 11 2004 13:55:32)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The gun was actually a russian heavy machine gun called the Vladimirov KPV 14.5mm machine gun. It might be a Chinese or Eastern Bloc copy but it is a Vladimirov. The 7.62 caliber refered to in the movie is just gun lingo made to sound more impressive. The actual caliber is 14.5mm.  

by - tatmando_77 (Wed Mar 10 2004 22:26:11)
Polish ZSU-33 Electric 14.5mm 7.62 caliber I believe

*ignore the caption...

Whoever did those awesome screen still for the Heat thread should do it for this movie... any scene with the cannon. Particularly the scene where he's in front of the PC screen shopping for one and an image of the cannon is show on the screen with the name/nomenclature.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The gun was a series of pipes that he welded into his car.
Probably thinking of the same movie.

Actually I meant to type "cane" - my memory aint the greatest though - killed a lot of brain cells between '01 and '03.

I seem to recall something integrated into a walker or cane-type thingy.  Could be a different movie, though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Thought it was the bigger brother.

I stand sit corrected!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
To see what the Original movie was like, head for the link:

The Day of the Jackal

Fantastic movie, even if they DO make the French look good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top